Notices

Class of July 2008 Part 7

Old 04-25-2009, 11:24 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

T2S, as long as you haven't stopped trying you're making it - it's a journey not a destination, right?

Sincere thanks for starting the thread. It helped me through some very rough times.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Anyone seen any good new or old movies lately?

Planning to see the new Wolverine tomorrow.

Recently saw Champion from a few years ago. It's the story of how the actor Danny Trejo overcame drug addiction, alcoholism and a life of crime/prison. It's very honest and inspiring.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

JIT- Glad you are keeping this thread alive. Champion sound good. Wolverine doesn't sound so good. Some how I don't think we would like the same movies except maybe comedys. I sort of like chick flicks. They have a book thread and maybe someone could start a movie thread.

All- I hope everyone is doing fine. I survived Vegas. I stayed out of the clubs but the nice dinners were a little hard as was the pool. It just seems like everyone is walking around with drinks. First time I will remember the whole trip. The highlight of not drinking had to be the red eye flight home without the 5 days of drinking hangover. Next obstacle for me will be those Wildwood Days of Summer which really get started on Memorial Day
Old 05-01-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Philly, glad you had fun in Vegas. I remember a having to fly across from one coast to the other badly hungover once. No fun at ALL.

Sometimes when I'm in a drinking environment I feel real good these days, in the sense that I've figured out something that I hope these other people will figure out someday. Other times I think they've figured out how to drink without trashing major parts of their lives. Probably in a big room of drinkers both cases are true.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:13 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

i was gonna post something but changed my mind.....it's a womans perogative right?????

Old 05-02-2009, 12:22 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

You may have changed your mind, but you changed it back.
Don't worry, I'm extremely used to this behaviour.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

58 days.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! It has been a while! How are you? I am at 10.5 month and will still have my anniversary in June my HP willing.

I am so happy today! I have made some many friends on here and in AA. I have already talked a few alcoholics today in recovery and we have our first Softball game today. I did a girls night last night after a meeting. Life can be good if you put in the effort and do the work
Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

CM!!!!

my face just lit up when i saw you had posted

good to see you and glad you'r doing well...this sobriety thing can be fun

*dances around the room*
Old 05-03-2009, 07:58 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Thanks Ananda! We won our first softball game today. Life is good. I also had the opportunity to help 2 close alcoholic friends of mine. I can be of help. It made me feel so good when one of them told me that I had changed so much. That I had gone from the drunk-olog to words of recovery. She said it made he realize that working the steps does work I love sobreity....
Old 05-04-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

CM- I am glad you are doing well. You sound happy. This sure beats 6 months ago. You will be the first of us to reach a year. Keep up the good work and post often. We love hearing from you.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!!!!!!! I'm going to be posting a thread, but not entirely sure where it should go. lol I'm so rarely here that I forget where everything is!

cmhcali: BEYOND ecstatic to hear from you!!!!!!!

Hope everyone's ok!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

CM - happy you are doing so well
DG - hope your thread is going to have nothing to do with your recently declining sense of fashion
Old 05-08-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Puppy update.
Had to take our little 5 month old into the vet to have a fox-tail removed from his ear. It had worked it's way all the way in and punctured his eardrum. Vet says no big deal in that they heal well in dogs and real well in puppies. He was in big time yelping pain though before it....he'd try to scratch it and roll on it and just made it worse.

Almost pierced my eardrum with one of those high pitched yelps!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

JIT- Sorry about the pup. Hope he is feeling better. I guess I'll do another google search since I am from the city and have no idea what a fox-tail is. Somehow I can't imagine it being the tail of a fox.lol At least I will learn something today.

All- hope everyone had a nice sober weekend. I really find it hard to believe that I still struggle. It is really not that bad I would just like to not think of drinking at all. I have a shore house and that is all most people do down there. Funny thing I just heard that they gave shot glasses to the high school graduating class in the shore town where I have a house. They said it was just a mistake. Go figure why we are in this boat.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

A foxtail is one of those types of annoying little seed things that grass and weeds give off that get stuck in your clothes....or fur, as the case may be. They go in easy and get stuck - a devilish design

Funny thing is he looks just like a little fox.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Foxtails- I googled it and saw a picture of one. I have seen them before but little ones. My daughter has a yorkie and they get in the paws sometimes. A puppys ear must be very painful. Glad its out.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Did you see one of our former regular visitors Horselover hit one year? Hard to believe this thread has been going for 10 months.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Yes that is great to have one year. Yea us for 10 months running. I didn't join SR until almost 3 months sober so I missed when this thread was really busy. I hope we get alot of visitors as the thread approaches 1 year. This site has really been a great help to me since I don't go to AA. In the world we live in where it seems everyone drinks it is so nice to be able to talk (even if it is not F2F) with people who are in the same boat as you.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Just thought I would say hello. Just when you think things are going good along comes another holiday. With a shore house memorial day is the start of the season. Alot of friends you didn't see all winter. We visit the house during the winter also just not every weekend. It seems like I am always being tested. Nowadays it is not so much as worrying about having a drink it is more about having a good time without the alcohol (which is a lot better). I really need to change things so I can start looking forward to holidays instead of worrying about them. Maybe it is just my personality. I always want everything to go nice and smooth which is seldom the case. It is better since alcohol is a variable I took out of the equation for me but I can't eliminate it from life (wouldn't that be nice).

Hope everyone has a good holiday!!