# 61 (permalink)  

DG!!!!!!!!!!

I am shocked!!!!!!!!

lol
Old 01-15-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

DG!!! Oh my! You are so shocking
LOL
It's a good idea but we're not to that level yet and that's a mutual decision.
We had a "minor" disagreement this morning. I quoted minor because many of those turned into major. Imagine that, 2 people not agreeing on everything.

This time, we got through it alright. It's a hopeful sign.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:28 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

JIT-

Brave of you to go to Vegas. I miss Vegas very much but don't think I'm ready for that scene. Are you there to bet on the Eagles?? Good luck with the wife.

I really envy people who don't have to deal with this cold but looking at some of the temps the single digits don't seem so bad.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:30 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone! 213 days today.

Least Congratulations on 6 months!!! You are my girl

I am making lots of new friends and had a crush on a boy however I am not ready to date. I will leave that up to DG... She seems more successful at it than me
Old 01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

cmh: I'm sooooo not a successful dater!!! lol I"m the one who's been REPEATEDLY stood up by guys I'm supposed to date! I have found a super nice one right now, though....but who knows how things'll turn out. Having a crush is more fun than any relationship...enjoy that feeling! p.s. batteries can help
Old 01-15-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

yeah...leave it to DG

I have not found crushes to be condusive to good sobriety..but thats just me
Old 01-15-2009, 01:58 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
Hey all! Test results came back perfectly..healthy as a horse! Today it's -41 degrees with the windchill....my car SCREAMED when I started it. LOL

JIT: going on a vacation could put that ol' spark back in the marriage. She can't complain about anything if her mouth is busy...if ya know what I mean...wink wink...and I think you do. hahahaha

Everyone: congratulations on all of your milestones! Each one is well earned!

DG - You crack me up!!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Originally Posted by Philly View Post

I really envy people who don't have to deal with this cold but looking at some of the temps the single digits don't seem so bad.

Yeah, but in the summer it gets up to 125 at times, I hate that!
Old 01-16-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi DG.. You are a riot... I do not think I would ever date a guy that goes my AA group. Big no no... I know me it is usually the chase and fizzles as soon as he shows interest so I will just keep him as eye candy and never ever persue it.... It is more fun that way.

Least dating in general is not good for my sobriety LOL... I had a guy I dated in 2002 ask me out for drinks I said I would get back to him later. Now I need to email him on facebook and tell him I do not drink and do not date. I will do that this weekend. Cannot access Facebook at work. I love it though it is a disease...

Tomorrow I have 7 months! I will try to check in. Today 214 days I believe... I am not good at this stuff LOL..
Old 01-16-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

cmhcali-

Congratulations on 7 months. I only come online at work so will not have a chance for congrats tomorrow. You are really doing great. You sound like you are getting along better. I am almost at 6 months and I am starting to not feel as depressed. I know we have a long way to go but this is starting to feel doable. I know it is not ever going to be easy but it is getting less difficult if that makes sense.

I hope the rest of the class has a nice weekend.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:51 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

has anyone heard from beammeupscotty????

Last I heard he was going on a second date with the nice woman he met....did she kidnap him?????
Old 01-16-2009, 10:49 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hey DG, I know you are not a fan of AA, so I must presume you prefer AAA batteries. What is it like to speak at those meetings? BTW, I suggest that if anyone asks you to share those 12 steps you use PM's or this thread will be history.

As much as a laugh does some good...We now return you to the more serious part of this post.
We're back from Vegas and things are back to being bad. I do however have a better understanding of her thought process. I feel more sane about it somehow which is good, odd and scary all at the same time.

I wish I could tell you some particular parts of the detail that I just can't share. Sorry for the big tease there...
Old 01-16-2009, 11:18 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hmmmm, it didn't take me long to realize that I could try to share this in a way without all the detail.

There's something that I did on a long term basis, up until early last year.
Per her memory, I behaved very very badly and it hurt her emotionally.
Per my memory, it's quite different.
Not good, but no where near as bad as what she believes.
I think I probably would not have done it if I was not a binge drinker. Definitely not to the point of how it turned out now.
I can and have, apologized for something I did. Not that I think saying I'm sorry should make it go away or be all better.
But I can't apologize for the version that she remembers when I don't remember it that way. I'd be lying to her and to me. Not sure how much of the memory issue on my part is alcohol and how much is the very long time frame and how much of it is just her being wrong.
I don't know if that makes any sense but I'm done explaining for now.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

pthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Monday, huzzah.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

JIT

ok...so one thing i've learned about people and memories....totally unreliable...sure if i blackout i don't remember things, but the truth is even with my family that don't drink....our memories are way way different in very significant ways.

So no I don't appologize for things i don't think I did, but I know that how the others remember thinkgs is really how they do remember it so I don't get so angry about it anymore.

And regardless of what i did or they just think i did...i really can't fix it 90% of the time....

You are an inspiration to me at working through the really tough stuff that comes our way in sobriety..god when you get through some of this stuff you are gonna shine (hug)

just keep on going, learning and growing..... :ghug3
Old 01-19-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

scooob!!!! how you doing girl???? update please
Old 01-19-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Life continues to be hard and dramatic.

Dad's drinking has become more forefront of a problem than mine, in which he added a nice twist of yelling "a$shole" at the dog while bbqing in the backyard. Great, let's include the neighbours.

I can't say I have completely quit drinking, but a glass here and there. I know I shouldn't, but i'm feeling very whatever about it.

Hellboss is still hellboss.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

thx for the update scoob.....yeah my drinking made my son look like he wasn't alchoholic at all....

you take care (hug)
Old 01-19-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi Class,

Welcome to another hangoverfree Monday. We seem to be making a habit of this lol.

JIT- I hope things will be better this week. I saw on another thread that you made 6 months last week Congrats I will have 6 months on Friday and just a little concerned. I know I won't drink but the cravings have subsided and I hear not so good 6 month stories.

Ananda- I have some family members who we always assumed were alcoholics and probably are but I outdid all with my drinking. I wish I didn't but it might have been better than hanging on and drinking every single weekend like its normal and plotting when the next drink fest would occur.

There may be more to this sobriety than I realized hopefully that is a good thing for me/us anyway.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 217 and still sober. Had a rough weekend but made it through and let me tell you my family can certainly push all my buttons!!