Notices

Class of July 2008 Part 7

Old 04-06-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Good morning group!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:28 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Yes, and a fine spring morning it is out here Scoob, what's up with you?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Feeling springy. The blah of the winter is finally leaving. I'm feeling very free. That "I feel good without drinking" rather than "why can't I drink" feeling.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

BL: girl, I'm addicted to the ex/current/who-in-hell-knows...so I completely understand what you mean!! You know I'm thinking of you and sooo glad to see you on here again! You also know that I understand what you mean about this being a comforting thread...those of us who went through the "what in hockey sticks was THAT!?" week, will understand!

Everyone: hope you're all well!

Rhino Gal: i know your dad is proud of you!!! WE are all bloody proud of you, too!

JIT: miss you, bud!

least: you're kicking butt, girl! keep up the good work!

scoob: so happy you're doing well!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
JIT: miss you, bud!
It's all on you DG, I've been here patiently waiting with no inappropriate flirting
Old 04-07-2009, 09:14 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Just stopping by to say hello.

BL: It's good to hear from you. Please stop by more often. You can do this. Like JIT, I do believe I could do the moderation but I am too afraid to try which is a good thing.

Least, you are our inspiration. I am glad you are feeling better.

JIT and DG- I miss the flirting also. It always makes me laugh.

I don't have alot of bad days but yesterday was a little trying. I was at a funeral luncheon and a few were at the bar. Most were men and only one women had a glass of wine. First time if a while I felt like having a drink but was also glad I didn't need one.

I am hoping a sober spring will be better than a sober winter. The holidays were hard with everyone inside. Being outside has to be better.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Philly View Post
JIT and DG- I miss the flirting also. It always makes me laugh.
Well I'm not going to wait much longer for that girl. She's probably out there dancing right now anyway.

My wandering flirting eye is going to start looking for a new partner soon.....so watch out there Philly.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

sniff, and i'm the ugly step sister once again.

:wtf2

Old 04-08-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hi Scoob,

You look pretty cute in the picture lol. Hope you are doing well also. I'm looking forward to that springy feeling you are talking about. Sometimes I do feel free of the alcohol which is way better than the I wish I could drink feeling. My husband still drinks excessively and I seem to feel better when he is hungover. Pretty sick huh!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:53 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Scoob, no no, you're not left out
I like your avatar too
Take a virtual walk down my road avatar
Just bring your spinning WTF sign
The bears are afraid of that kind of thing
Old 04-09-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Good Morning Class -

I will stop by more often. This is such a positive thread. You're all inspirational for sticking around and doing the hard work. I need to catch up! And I'm so proud of you Least. You have learned so much in the last year and given so much back here on this site. From someone who was really frightened (I've read several of your past posts) to a really strong woman.

Positive peer pressure is a good thing and I'm glad some people here are too afraid to try drinking again. It's wise to be afraid. Norman Cousins said,
Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences.

Scoob said: That "I feel good without drinking" rather than "why can't I drink" feeling.
Those are the days all the struggles are worth it. I hope you can keep that feeling for awhile.

Dancing Girl - Love you girl. We have so much in common. I'd swear you were a long lost sister if we didn't look so different.

Here's my little update: I went to an addiction therapist yesterday for a free consultation to see what it would be like and if it was a good recovery option for me. I don't think he's "the one" for me (the counselor) but it's a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, I still haven't gone to a AA or NA meeting so I am disappointed in myself for that. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean it isn't good for me. I've never really done the work I needed to do before to stay clean. I just stopped drinking for a spell, which was hard but not long lasting recovery.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate being able to come back here each time and always getting a warm greeting. Thank you.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

BL, glad you're back! Yes, you can stay clean and sober, one day at a time. That's how I'm getting thru it. :ghug3

Haven't checked the sobertime calculator lately but I'm at fifty-some days. And, just for today, I'm sober!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing ok. I'm stressing a little about Vegas but not too much. I am looking forward to the shows and the dinners. I haven't been to too many fine dining restaurants since I have been sober. I'll over indulge on Perrier and try to ignore the wine glasses.

BL- Glad you are back and you always had inspiration for us. I hope we can help you. I don't belong to AA but I always thought an addiction counselor would help. That is one thing I think I would try if I felt the need. Keep posting we need you here too.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

This won't be a happy easter post.

I think I have to ex communicate my dad. He's fallen off the cliff and I am having anxiety attacks just thinking about what it was like taking him to detox 4 years ago. I really enjoyed those 4 years.

I'm dreading him phoning today because I'm telling him not to come for Easter dinner. I have 20 people coming over and he's been acting like a **** all weekend, faking being sick, sending rude joke emails at 4 am .. because that's how you cure the common cold. grrrr.

This is definitely strengthening my resolve, I never want my kids to feel like i've destroyed everything for them over booze.

I must be the change I wish to see in my dad. lol
Old 04-12-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

scoob: you are AWESOME, girl!!! You do what you feel is right for yourself and your kids...you are a fantastic example of strength to them, as well as to us! Maybe this is the thing that your father needs to get kicked back into gear again?? You just stay strong!

JIT: just for you, big boy, I'm wearing my FAVOURITE floral muu-muu...rockin' it like it's 1973, Mrs. Roper style. Rawrrrrr! (that better, everyone?? lol)

BL: girl, you ROCK!!! Yeah, trying out groups/counsellors probably sucks uber-anus, but you know deep down it's a step in the right direction.

Everyone...more later! So proud of you all!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Does Mikey stop by here anymore or Jig? Just curious.........

Dancing Girl you are a RIOT.

(((Scoob))) Oh...that is such a strong position to take but you know it's the right thing to do. He was doing well last year but is finally losing it again. I hate this diesease and how it tears people apart from each other. I hope the 20 people who do come over will alieviate your stress so that you can just have a good time and fellowship with people who you want your family around. Keep us posted please so that we can support you.

As for me, I am spilling my guts in the Substance Abuse forum. There are some very tough love type people there who are probably going to kick me in the back side. I probably need that - just like your Dad Scoob. I am such a coward. I even wrote something to my counselor telling him why I didn't want my family involved in the sessions. It was very personal and I've been sick over it. Why did I do that? I noticed he wrote me back but am too scared to read his response. Being afraid of everyone and everything is just another way I have allowed my addiction to gain more power over me.

Looking forward to seeing my nieces hunt for eggs today. Happy Easter Class!

Old 04-13-2009, 05:35 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

So he came for dinner, but I did talk to him briefly first. I think he knew I had something to say, so he kept trying to cut the conversation off. But I asked him if he had been drinking this weekend, and he said Thursday only, not sure if I believe that, but he assured me he was done, and so I told him as long as he was sober he could come.

It's amazing how different things are than they were 4 years ago. I have a voice and boundaries, and i'm not as afraid to say, go to hell I have my own fish to fry. If he wants to be sober it can be as great as it has been up until now. If not, my own life is hanging on a thin enough thread as it is without bringing drunk dad back into it.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

According to the Sobertime calculator I have 58 days today! I'm one third of the way back to the six months I threw away. Am sober today, bored but alright, and happy to be sober.:ghug
Old 04-13-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Floral muu-muu????
No
Not even Mrs Roper style
Now, Marilyn Monroe subway vent style would help...but still, the floral pattern....arggghh
Old 04-13-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

somehow i keep missing this thread???? have you guys been camoflauging????

BL...good to see you and scooby and DC too (hug)

Ive moved and housework doesn't seem to be killing me anymore, but paying bills... can't seem to get the hang of that....and i am home today supose to pay bills and do taxes, but haven't even got half way through the bills or started the taxes....did manage a nap though...

well....it really is good to see you all... (HUG) keep posting ... it works for me