Notices

Class of November Part 3

Old 12-23-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

My son never has money so I never get a gift from him...he did remember to say happy birthday though.

I'll leave at noon tomarrow and go to my mom's for the family thing. I am really dreading it...I didn't go last year and had a wonderful christmas and I won't have to go next year...after that we will see.

I leave to come back home ASAP on Christmas day..have to stay for duck and clean up the mess..so probably get home about 5pm.

I am very much leaning toward negativity at the moment, but i refuse to give in...I need to focus on what I can do to bring something to the day, the moment instead of how my "needs" aren't gtting met....

I am very blessed these days....great kid, great friends, loving family, home heat and food, decent paying job...

It's amazing how I can sometimes try to twist that

Gosh! just think of all the support we all have in our lives...pretty amazing considering what most of us have done in the past with our alchohol and drug use....It's awfully nice to know that we get second chances in life...and thirds and fourths.......

So let''s be jolly
Old 12-23-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Jolly!! lol! Brilliant list nands, I'm writing that out and taking it with me, thanx. Really!

All the things that I have to be grateful for I used as an excuse to drink or use. Job, kids, home, friends!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:55 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

I'm jolly!

Myself and the landlord installed 2 double glazed windows in my penthouse loft, previously one was just a sheet of perspex and the other had a mouldy piece of wood covering the lower pane.

No more ice on the inside of the glass and more importantly, my devilish side won't reach for his catapult and bag of mint imperials to try and snipe the boy racers, with their amplified exhausts and bloody 'happy hardcore' pap, who frequent the garage opposite at daft o' clock in the morning. (never managed to hit one but it was satisfying trying when you're woken at 3 by some pilled up, chav, f---stick!)

I shouldn't be confessing to this stuff, I'm a bit giddy.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

jee i need a cigerette.......
Old 12-23-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Bloody chavs, JOL say no more you have my sympathy.

Nands you smoke??
Old 12-23-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

Can't help ya there, day 7 without a cig today...it's becoming a grind now that the initial buzz of cleanliness has worn off.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

I gave up 11yrs ago and not looked back (Easy way to Stop Smoking By Alan Carr) great book
Old 12-23-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I remember you mentioning he had brought out another book Pix - The easy way to stop drinking and doing drugs.

I gave up smoking too, and I would kill for one since I stopped abusing my body in other ways.

Oops, Jig, I'm not a chav, but I have been pilled up with that kind of music many nights. Altho I always picked a nice night club to do it in!
Old 12-23-2008, 02:33 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

amplified exhausts and bloody 'happy hardcore' pap
sigh.....i am old...what does that mean????

Jiggy did yu like your picture on trivial?????
Old 12-23-2008, 03:00 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

I have got to go wrap presents I'm no good at it
Old 12-23-2008, 03:21 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

Yeah LB, I'm certainly no stranger to a good (bad) chemical buzz either...but happy hardcore's gotta be the Netto's fish fingers of dance music...I'm more partial to the Haute Cuisine of psytrance, druggy snob that I was.

Sorry Nands, exhausts are..um, tailpipes. The shallower elements of British youth like to 'soup up' their Corsas and Peugeots with aggressively loud 'emmisions'

A bit like Xhibit's 'Pimp My Ride'

( "Yo Dawg! We heard you like to drive, so we put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive"...etc)
Old 12-23-2008, 03:28 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

What's my picture on trivial, Nands?!...Are you speaking American?
Old 12-23-2008, 03:31 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Look at the just a trivial question thread jiggy....you've been there before..it took a while but I got your picture of your man hose up finally
Old 12-23-2008, 03:35 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JigOvLife View Post
Yeah LB, I'm certainly no stranger to a good (bad) chemical buzz either...but happy hardcore's gotta be the Netto's fish fingers of dance music...I'm more partial to the Haute Cuisine of psytrance, druggy snob that I was.

Sorry Nands, exhausts are..um, tailpipes. The shallower elements of British youth like to 'soup up' their Corsas and Peugeots with aggressively loud 'emmisions'

A bit like Xhibit's 'Pimp My Ride'

( "Yo Dawg! We heard you like to drive, so we put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive"...etc)
I am so lost jiggy......i'm more the frank sinatra, leonard coehn, tom waits and phil oches type....
Old 12-23-2008, 03:41 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

I have eclectic tastes...music for moods, even saucer eyed, bathed in sweat, codsh1t gabbling ones.

Though, fingers crossed, I seem to have naturally grown out of those...wish I could naturally 'grow out' of booze
Old 12-23-2008, 03:50 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Hi pixie and LB...I see you

I'm riding out my blues....forgot i help dean with the chat room meeting tonight...that should keep my mind off my crp long enough to settle into a more accepting state...

I wish I were wrapping presents...hum..i could do that...have no gifts for my family but the others came in...good idea ananda...
Old 12-23-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Ok so I'm watching my partner wrap the presents now. I just can't get into it this year. This used to be a tradition with my mum and me.
Wonder where we will all be this time next year. Do you think we will still be here on SR??
Old 12-23-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

we will all be here pixy...and all sober and we will pull this old thread part up and have a good chuckle...

Our future us-s are right hear now telling us how it's all going to be ok...that is something that really helped me to get sober....kinda wierd but nice

right now i just want us to all be here in a few days stilll on the path
Old 12-23-2008, 04:18 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Well, I still have so many presents to wrap. I just can't get motivated. I was still Christmas shopping tonight for presents for work tomorrow and I haven't wrapped them yet.

Keep forgetting today is not Friday. Must go to bed, have to go to work.

Night, night. We'll be alright, we'll just stick together.

Oh Jig, fishfingers are lovely, but not the Netto kind - Captain's Birdseye only!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:18 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

I'll be here :ghug