Notices

Class of November Part 3

Old 12-26-2008, 02:45 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

so...colagirl is a major reason for your sobriety today!

come take a bow colagirl
Old 12-26-2008, 02:52 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Old 12-26-2008, 03:07 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

I had a bumper sticker for years that said "if you must drink and drive, drink pepsi"

Old 12-26-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I shall be on here in a year's time bewailing my Coke addiction!! (I'm sure they put something in there, anyway - I used to drink a six pack a day, every day!)

I am having an early night tonight. Tomorrow me and my little girl are going shopping for paint to decorate her bedroom (if she can decide for more than 5 minutes what colour she wants). I suspect we shall land up with pink and a touch of pink, lol!!

For nands!!

Old 12-26-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Awwww guini fly....you just warmed my heart!!!!!

find me a hedgy that looks prim proper and lady like ok...i wanna change my avatar to something more dignified.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:35 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
getting there

Yes, I have saved the day, my work here is done! I hope they don't take these stars away too soon.

In the Pepsi/Coke war, I prefer regular Coke but Diet Pepsi... Diet Coke tastes nasty IMO. I do feel bad for that poor Coke can getting beat up though!

LB - I hear you on waking up the next morning... one time recently I woke up on the living room floor at 2:00 in the morning having no idea why or how I got there. I also love not having to check my sent items folder in the morning to make sure I didn't send any embarrassing drunk emails. And what about drinking is it that's so great again??
Old 12-27-2008, 03:21 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Morning all :ghug

Reading your post's reminds me of some cringe worthy moments that I have had over the years. I remember when I was around 15yrs old I was baby sitting and the mother of the children bought me some alcohol. I was staying over and they wouldn't be back till the next morning. The kids went to bed and I got very drunk the next thing I remember I was in the middle of the front room floor, laying on my back and covered in sick. Looking back I am lucky to be alive. Thank god the kids never woke up.

There was another time I was out with a male friend of mine. We had been friends for years. We got P***** and I woke up the next morning to find his shoes by my bed. He was in the spare room! To this day I still dont really remember what happend.

Dont think I have ever told anyone that before. It's uncomfortable addmitting stuff like that.

So whats on the agenda today for you all? I'm off to do some horsie shopping while the kids are at their dads. The rest of the family are off to watch the Rangers/celtic game YAWN!

But first a traditional fry up with square sausage, black pudding and potato scones. Thats the best thing about the family being here
Old 12-27-2008, 03:56 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Fizzy would like that Pixy - I expect he'll be right round. But best you make those potato scones from scratch like he does, lol!! But black pudding ... ewwwww!

Diet Coke is nasty cc, I agree. I will try diet Pepsi.

Off to find a lady-like hedgehog for nands!!
Old 12-27-2008, 05:57 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

My drunk stories from my last spell were pretty boring end of the line alone sorta stuff. Now my stories from my younger days were filled with shagging lodgers and friends...actually alot of getting myself into some very discusting situtions that really twisted me up. If I had continued drinking and lost the house and job....I assume I would have ended up in even worse situations...the house to isolate in and some financial security kept me from alot more h*ll. I was too afraid to go out in the real world where all those nasty situations happen. I guess the scary part of being sober for me is the being out in the world stuff. Despite the amount of time i spend here, I actually get out and associate with people face to face quite a bit...

just rambling
Old 12-27-2008, 06:17 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

CELEBRATION TIME

Guini Fly has a Week!!!!!!!!!

(dang..i dorked up the bubble...and it won't let me fix it)
Old 12-27-2008, 06:43 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

lol! Now if the lodger had been that cute, he could have come and lodged with me.

Now don't let me stay on here more than 20 minutes. I have to clean out my own guinea pigs and then paint my little girl's new room. She is swapping with me, so she can have the bigger room. It's her birthday present, which is Jan 5th.

She was due Christmas Day, and just like her mum, procrastinated for 10 days!!
Old 12-27-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Now LB...do you really think that I would have any expereince at only staying on here for 20 minites?

I say post all day!

I'm cleaning house during comercials I thought that is what worked for you as well..try it with the painting...much less stress if it's just somehting to do during the comercials....just don't start a movie w/no comercials...oh wait...I seem to remember that they don't do the comercials the same ove there????

hummmmmmmm
Old 12-27-2008, 10:09 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Taking a friends advise now...taking a nap....you will probably all be in bed when i wake up, but if not i'll see you later...if your asleep just include me in your dreams...and no drinking dreams please....

Old 12-27-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Sweet nap-time, nands!

I'm off to run a bunch of after-xmas errands, then to work for a couple of hours. My not-supportive-enough BFF is spending the night at my house tonight. I'm a bit anxious today, too, because I just found 2 beers in the upstairs mini-fridge and it caught me off guard. My hubby immediately threw them out, but I can't stop thinking about it. I had seen them for all of about 5 seconds and my mind was already spinning with thoughts of "When can I drink these, and does he know these are up here?" How horrible is that??? WTF is wrong with me?

I didn't have drinking dreams last night, but I swear I woke up feeling hungover!! IT SUCKED!! I had stressful dreams about being trapped in a building that we wound up having to explode to get out of.

On a more positive note...

Here's something for ya, nands

Hope to catch ya later!!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:41 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Thanks TSH....didn't make it to bed yet.....feeling a little silly and selfcentered at the minite...

TSH it happens you know...I guess not to everyone, but I just had a moment of insanity. And really considered the liquer store option...the really really bad part only lasted for the drive to and from the store....slowly fading...Do you think it means something that even after months some of us can still get in that place?
Old 12-27-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

People can get in that place after years, nands, and often do! It's a patient, patient disease. That's what scares me the most about it.

((hugs))

Old 12-27-2008, 01:03 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

at least the worst of it's over and i didn't even do anything outrageous publicly
Old 12-27-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
Thanks TSH....didn't make it to bed yet.....feeling a little silly and selfcentered at the minite...

TSH it happens you know...I guess not to everyone, but I just had a moment of insanity. And really considered the liquer store option...the really really bad part only lasted for the drive to and from the store....slowly fading...Do you think it means something that even after months some of us can still get in that place?
nands, I'm really glad you said this. Right now I am at work and I am freaking out. All I can think about is going to the liquor store. Work is basically right across the street from the store I went to most often and it would just be so easy... I'm literally shaking right now. My heart is racing. I'm not thinking ANYTHING positive, or about why I should NOT go. My train of thought right now is totally about how I just can NOT imagine never drinking ever again and all that goes along with that.

I've been wondering lately if this is all a catch-22... like a self-fulfilling prophecy. I used to obsess about drinking, now I obsess about NOT drinking. I definitely have a case of wanting what I can not have and it's driving me insane. Each day it gets a little worse. I'm still thinking about the beers my hubby threw out this morning.

I keep telling myself that normal drinkers don't obsess this way. It's not helping.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:34 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

dang TSH hope i'm not to late....this may be white knuckle time to some extent....if someone you know can drive you home that would be a good idea.

if not just voicing it may help...i made an agreement with a friend to email as soon as i got home from the store to let him know i hadn't bought a bottle...if you are there can you make a deal to post as soon as you get home?
Old 12-27-2008, 02:35 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

this may sound stupid TSH but also latch on to someone else maybe here who is struggling cause it will get your mind off it....find a thread by a new person and post...