Notices

Class of November Part 2

Old 11-27-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I wonder if his teeth got a tan? Most people go for the white look in that department! Wibble likes to be different tho!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Was sleep-walking and mistook a soldering iron for a lollipop?
Old 11-27-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sorry chaps and chappessessssesses

Been in IKEA, am now proud owner of many things I don't need

Burnt tongue on hottest chilli known to man

This follows burning roof of mouth last week on hottest curry known to man

Will Wibble ever learn?

No

thats the answer you are looking for

Anyway

Day 11, done!

Can't believe how i used to find time to drink, I've never been as busy in my life.

Hows everyone doing?

Everyone hanging in there?
Old 11-27-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 11 ! Get in there !
Old 11-27-2008, 04:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

day 19

HI,
I started the day out grateful and posted in the gratitude thread. The last half of the day has been pretty bad. Actually this whole week has been one of the worst weeks of my life. Sunday night my husband was drunk and said some really really mean things to me. At work a couple people have been really rude. I have been crying every night. Sobbing. My dad is very sick and dying, we had a family meeting yesterday and my one sister is saying I said something I did not say (lies) and now she has cut off with me and my entire family (husband and kids) as she is with all of my other siblings except one and my Mom. She wrote a bunch of lies about me and my other sister lies about me. The only support and kindness I have is from my Kids, and husband has been better the rest of the week when he saw how depressed I am. I know 2 of my sisters love me, and my Mom loves me a little, my Dad really loves me though, we are very close. He is my hero. I am so proud of him in his struggle with his alzheimers and other illnesses. Anyway , I guess I have some gratitude left after venting!! I didn't drink !! I still have a few people in my life who love me, and I will continue to be kind and be the best person I can be and know my God loves me, and I won't let anyone ruin that relationship!!
Old 11-27-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
getting there

Ruby :ghug3

I'm really proud of you for staying sober through all of that. I've started up before over far less! I hope things calm down for you a bit.

Good job to everybody else too! Everyone is doing just great here, I feel like the ******* stepchild of the November class. Still a cardholding member though - day 3 today! Got through Thanksgiving with my family.... it was actually pretty nice although I did feel a little overwhelmed with anxiety a few times. Wanted to buy wine on the way home, but reminded myself that I want to put sobriety first now. Hoping to have a calm rest of the night watching TV.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good night CG

D
Old 11-27-2008, 10:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ruby its absolutely massive that you didn't drink. You sound like you are having such a rough time at the minute, but through it all you are managing to stay off the booze. Proud of you. Well done.

CG, you aren't the ******* step child of the class. If this was easy then we wouldn't need things like AA, SR etc . I've had so many false starts this year its incredible but you've just got to keep learning from your mistakes and keep moving forward. Day 3 is huge, just keep yourself strong and get through the weekend. Do whatever you have to do to get through the weekend. Post on here 24/7, go to a meeting. Whatever it takes just keep ploughing on!!!!!
Old 11-27-2008, 10:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Wow this class is coming to a close, its been a crazy month hasn't it? I've had more ups and downs then I thought you could pack into 4 weeks!!! I'm proud to say i'm on the up though now. Day 12 is here and despite waking up at 5am I feel really focused.

I can't believe I used to achieve anything while I was drinking, I know I'm trying to keep myself busy but I don't seem to have a spare second. How on earth did I find time for my 6pm cut off (after that I couldn't do ANY work whatsoever and would just sit & drink) and the crippling hangovers that meant I was useless until mid-day.

I don't want to get mushy but I'm so grateful to everyone on here. SR has made such an amazing difference in my life.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
getting there

I agree, Wibble. Even though I've had a lot of ups and downs lately, if I didn't have SR I can't imagine where I would be.

I think this is the most popular class since July. We should all keep it alive!
Old 11-27-2008, 11:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

((ruby)) It helps to be grateful in times like you're going thru - you are doing the right thing. It balances the books a little in your head!!

Well done Wibble, you're kicking a$$! I agree colagirl. Even if we slip and relapse and our sober date changes, let's stick together in this class - that's what the July class does. I know for a fact there has been at least one relapse in there.

Day 14 for me. My favourite relapse time is coming up which is probably why I just said the above!
Old 11-27-2008, 11:43 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yeah but LB you want to stay ahead of the wibble don't you!!!!!!!

Relapses are just so last year darling... this year its all about sobriety...

Ding dong!

Alcoholism according to Gok Wan!

Old 11-28-2008, 01:16 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I do, wibble, I do! Friday - eeeeeek!!!!

I read this in my "Living Sober" aa book this morning - brought back memories!

"We know for sure that alcoholics do have tremendous willpower. Consider the ways we could manage to get a drink against all viable possibilities. Merely to get up some mornings - with a rusting cast iron stomach, all your teeth wearing tiny sweaters, and each hair electrified - takes willpower many non-drinkers only dream of"

This is an excellent book. You can buy it at AA meetings, and no God stuff for the atheists!!!! Very practical - I read it first and last thing every day.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:47 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Teeth wearing sweaters... mint!

You know i'll be understanding if you falter so i'm in front of you ....

(evil laugh......)

Muuuuuuuuuuahhhhhhhhhh

Old 11-28-2008, 03:19 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Id like to add my vote for keeping Class of November going, I dont post here too often because most of the time i dont know whats going on! However since as I progress in sobriety (at least that the way im planning to do it) i would like to have a place that i can think of as my place. I think the idea is to progress from site to site as you get more time but its always nice to have an anchor. Plus being an alkie i dont like change, Im trying to learn to deal with it but I'll always need somewhere familiar to run to. Day 21 for me and im struggling to escape from the land of apathy but im still a million times better than i was three weeks ago, hope everyone else is coping and has a good day. X
Old 11-28-2008, 05:45 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I HATE FRIDAYS

Friday is a day for drinking

I'm proper annoyed about all this...

Day 12

In huff...
Old 11-28-2008, 06:43 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Allport, if you don't know what's going on, you are paid up member of the Class of November (that rhymes!! Go me!) Neither do we!

Lets stick together, you too Pixy, wherever you are!

Day 14 Wibble. I second your huff!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAANK!

Thats it i've summed Fridays up
Old 11-28-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hang in there Wibbs. Sure did know that Friday feeling. Stange thing is that I used to work Saturdays as part of my working week but still Friday was for getting wasted, sorry extra wasted. Still had to get up as usual Saturday morning. Cannot fathom out why Friday was an exception.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Cheers mate, having a waaaank day!

It started badly and then I discovered that ever ounce of my soul wanted to go out and get the GDP of Peru in alcohol form