SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/163060-class-november-part-2-a.html)

Anna 11-26-2008 03:47 PM

Class of November Part 2

Here is the last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...vember-20.html

Ananda 11-26-2008 05:32 PM

Jig....timmy...come on jump on board!

timzup 11-26-2008 05:41 PM

I will if you don't mind. Sinking ship back there I tell you. This place could use some lifeboats.

Ananda 11-26-2008 05:47 PM

I'll share my life jacket with you timmy

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...7/DSC03774.jpg

colagirl 11-26-2008 05:50 PM

Hey everyone,
Wow, a new part already! What a chatty bunch you Brits are!

Day 2 today and feeling good. Just hoping to get through the holiday and long weekend.

timzup 11-26-2008 05:51 PM

Yeah, good luck with the holiday weekend CG.

Day 2 ? Hang in there Supergirl.

timzup 11-26-2008 05:56 PM

See what the dowg gone dowg done gone done.

(I've actually heard someone seriously say that and I needed treatment to my rib cage from laughing)

colagirl 11-26-2008 06:00 PM

Wow, I can barely read it, can't imagine actually saying it.

JigOvLife 11-26-2008 06:01 PM

Colagirl, if you're always one day ahead of me in the sobriety stakes...I'll be a happy man...enjoy your turkey...
Jig

colagirl 11-26-2008 06:02 PM

Thanks Jig. Let's stay one day apart!

timzup 11-26-2008 06:04 PM

Turkeys always cold in the morning though, don't you think?

wibble 11-27-2008 12:09 AM

Part 2, well done everyone!!!!

Day 11.

Starting to feel different, starting to really get a focus.

Thanksgiving, whats that all about then?
Is it a bit like Boxing day?

Never really understood it

Or LaboUr day

Presidents doo dar I can kinda work out

You wacky Americans with your odd public holidays!

allport 11-27-2008 04:06 AM

Hope all our American Friends are having a lovely holiday, (glad we dont have it though, christmas is enough of a mess on).

Its day 20 for me and i think im becoming a bit obsessive about counting days, there are worse things to obsess over i suppose.

Just wanted to say im feeling good and wanted to thank everyone who posts on these sites for making me laugh and sometimes cry and for saying the things i need to hear. X

wibble 11-27-2008 05:31 AM

Well done allport 20 days is massive!

How many days it for you now Timzup?

JigOvLife 11-27-2008 06:01 AM

Still at war with myself...I'll try not to post today.
If a phone to a drunk is a pistol, the internet's a bloody gattling gun, you wouldn't believe the chaos I caused, online, yesterday. (not here fortunately. SR is sanctuary, in the 'Highlander' kinda usage.) Politics and alcohol...meh!.
Take care, hope to see y'all, sober tomorrow,

Sigh.

Ananda 11-27-2008 06:13 AM

you know i use to drink so i could let out the anger and bitterness...it's weird cause we talk about using to hide from emotions, but I know I also used it to let some out....

As time goes on sober I am having to learn how to acknowledge and express my feelings and stuff without the aid of alchohol. As I'm sure you have all noticed, I am a very angry person...so I need to find ways to deal with wht makes me angry when it is happening so that it doesn't get locked inside and require huge explotions to release!:ghug

wibble 11-27-2008 08:55 AM

I'm facing up to the fact that I need to find a new way to relax, the normal process of drinking until just about being able to stand before going to bed is gone and replaced with this perky, focused, eager wibble... which is wicked apart from i'm now as wound up as a bit of piano wire!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus i've burnt my tongue

timzup 11-27-2008 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by wibble (Post 2001478)

You definately, positively, absolutely, certainly CANNOT say you've burnt your tongue without telling the story.

I think that is going to be my observation for today. That it is impossible to explain how you've burnt your tongue without it being funny.
I mean, many other injuries can bring on the sympathy they deserve, but a burnt tongue? It's for laughing at no matter what, from piping hot pizza to a branding iron.

Come on let's have it.

lostbutterfly 11-27-2008 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by wibble (Post 2001478)
I'm facing up to the fact that I need to find a new way to relax, the normal process of drinking until just about being able to stand before going to bed is gone and replaced with this perky, focused, eager wibble... which is wicked apart from i'm now as wound up as a bit of piano wire!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't say I'm perky and focused, more aimlessly restless. Can't sit still, but not very good at doing anything meaningful. Even my fingers are restless, which is good for typing!

And wound up, bloody hell. I'm am so tense, I'm like a ninja, lol!!!

Do I want to know how you burnt your tongue, Wibble?

Nands - you, angry? Can't imagine it. You seem so chilled.

FizzyWater 11-27-2008 12:33 PM

If Wibble ain't going to tell us then we'll have to make it up.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story so ............

He went for a sunbed and fell asleep with his mouth open !!!!!