Blogs

Notices

Class of November Part 2

Old 11-29-2008, 11:41 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
getting there

Morning/afternoon/evening everybody,
What's wrong Nands?? Here are some extra hugs. :ghug3:ghug3:ghug3 Sorry, three's my limit!

I agree with the "moment" theory. I've had some "mini-moments" that have gotten me to my long stretches in the past, and each time I hope it's actually "the" moment. Maybe this time? It's day 5 now. The descriptions you guys gave about your moments remind me of how I quit smoking (smoked enough to make myself sick, then threw the rest of my pack in a creek by my house and that was it). So I know I have it in me.

I've seen several people on SR lately who I know struggled for a long time to get just a few days together and are now blowing me out of the water (Wibble being one of them!). It's really inspiring! I know you'll get there, Pix!! I've outdone my hug limit for Nands but you'll get an extra one in my next post.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Did the same with smoking 11yrs ago so I too know I can do this.

Nands is quiet today but still around.

I think everyone is off watching the X Factor.

How you doing?
Old 11-29-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
getting there

Pretty good. Have had a couple of good nights of sleep. I have to go to the other side of the country for a business trip on Monday so I'm trying to get ready for that (not enthused about it).

How about you? :ghug3
Old 11-29-2008, 12:01 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

If it keeps you busy it will be just what you need x
Old 11-29-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I'm here for a few minites

You will all make it....i just know!!!!

Of course I want to make it too....its that thing where just cause you make it months or years doesn't mean things don't get iffy at times.

Just an odd feeling day for me...but it aint all bad
Old 11-29-2008, 12:10 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
getting there

you're probably right. It's kind of a pain, but it will be nice to have a change of scenery... even if the scenery is terribly ugly as I expect it will be.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Day 13, been such a breeze compared to Friday... I hate FRIDAYS!!!!!

I told my first friend today that i'm an alcoholic... i sent him a long emailing explaining the situation... I haven't had a reply yet!!!

Feel so different to every other attempt to stop. This isn't an attempt. I've stopped drinking. I've run out of excuses.

You guys have been an inspiration to me, your kindness and warmth have made such a difference.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:35 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Awwww, Wibs. That is so touching. Altho, being an over-sensitive alkie, I have now suddenly thought that maybe I wasn't included in that sentiment! (I was wasn't I, tell me, please,please????)

To tell, or not to tell!! Mentioned to my mum I had stopped drinking (her dad was an alkie and very violent). She just said "Oh, lovely darling. You certainly could put it away". And I was restrained/secretive when she was about!!

It's weird, coz it doesn't feel like a very big deal, to be an alkie/addict, to me. But not sure how others will react.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:38 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Ananda tell us about your Iffy Days!! 1 Day, 5 days, 5 Years? we all have something in common!

Change is as good as a rest!

Wibs :ghug3 no words needed
Old 11-29-2008, 01:09 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

LB of course you are included!
Old 11-29-2008, 01:28 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Wibble, thats brave mate, I haven't admitted to anyone apart from on here I'm an aloholic.

I'd be a bit wary of telling too many people too quickly, just watch that people can't use it against you, thats what I worry about, whether we like it or not people do attach a stigma to it. Just my thoughts, not a criticism or anything. I just reckon its nobody's business but my own and there's no reason why I should explain myself for not drinking, I never worried about telling people why I did drink afterall, taken me months to work that out though.

Lostbug, your post hit a mark with me as well, I sometimes wonder how I've managed to be any kind of dad to my kids up to now or earn any money to provide for them.

I often think just how creative and intelligent people we all are, ok you have to really look to see it, we've managed to hold jobs and survive all while spending the majority of our time either drinking ot working out ways to drink.

Not wanting to put pressure on you Pixy but I'd consider trying to get some days behind you before Christmas, the holiday period would be a hard time to try and stop in I would think.

Good to see you still doing well Timz and you Allport.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

You may be right fizzy
Old 11-29-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

The guy i've told is probably my best friend (apart from my wife) and I love him dearly. Him and his wife are probably the nicest people i've ever come across

I don't seem him so often and so when I see him in a few weeks I don't want to have either the lies (oh i've got an ulcer etc) or just blurt a load of nonsense out.

I'm not going to tell many other people. Some people need to be told though.

If you are working through the steps, part of that is making amends with people you've wronged and most of my friends would fall into that bracket.

I can honestly say though I wouldn't be friends with someone who would want to use information like that against me.

I know you weren't having a pop fizzy and you were just giving your opinion mate
Old 11-29-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Probably why I'm not working through the steps as well Wibble, I'd need to start drinking again to tell folk which kind of defeats the purpose I think !!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Making amends is only step 9, thank goodness! And my kids are the main ones, and I am trying to make amends to them already.

Although I did dick my manager at work around a bit, disappearing in my "lunch" breaks to far-flung chemists to get supplies, lol!

Also told my step dad to f*ck off, but, he kind of deserved it - ha, ha! Then there is that lodger I ruthlessly slept with and never called the next day!

But mainly my kids!!
Old 11-29-2008, 02:16 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Here's me been not mentioning it as well Lostbug !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 11:36 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Shiiiiiiiit, when I start making amends... Thats gonna be one looooooooooong day!

Described by a good friend of mine as "A nice guy with a streak of c*nt in you when you drink"

Nice
Old 11-30-2008, 12:56 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Originally Posted by wibble View Post
Shiiiiiiiit, when I start making amends... Thats gonna be one looooooooooong day!

Described by a good friend of mine as "A nice guy with a streak of c*nt in you when you drink"

Nice

Day 15 and Day 17 for us! I had a lot of cravings yesterday, but I just thought of you!!:ghug3
Old 11-30-2008, 03:50 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Give it up for Wibble ! Two weeks !!8
Old 11-30-2008, 03:51 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Timzup, how many days are you. I know you are close to 30. I have to give you a shout out on the day!