Notices

45 Days and Under

Old 12-17-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS JFM.... 59 days for me too! Holidays are always a busy time of the year... but I'm having the best holiday season I've had since I was a little girl!!! I'm almost completely done Christmas shopping, and looking forward to hosting the family Christmas Eve party that my husband and I are doing this year!
TOODLES FOR NOW
Old 12-17-2008, 10:16 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Just wanna say thanks to everyone for staying sober and sharing their ESH. At my meeting last night, there were quite a few stories of relapse...and those were from those who came back.:ghug
Old 12-18-2008, 10:33 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
You're not a fool, you've just been blistfully sheltered.

There is a saying in 12-Step groups, "my best thinking got me here", which I don't agree with, and I don't think you do either. The belief is that an addicts thinking is forever flawed, and that if you do your own thinking and use your own will, as opposed to letting the group and your sponsor direct your thinking and turning your will over to God, that you will relapse and end up in jails, institutions or dead. Hence the tombstone...
I guess you must not be as bad as me then, because I know my first thought is always wrong.

But anyways, I'm on day 32! Proud to be a member!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:56 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Welcome to the thread YGS (your name is too long lol).

Its been a little bit quiet round here for a while, guess its up to us to liven things up!

Im on day 42 today, six weeks tomorrow, and for a change I actually feel quite good.

Ive finally finished all the assignments I had to do before Christmas and I dont have to think about physics or maths again for two weeks.

Why I thought it was a good idea to keep busy in early sobriety by doing a science degree I will never know, but Ive done six assignments now and although Im never going to win a Nobel Prize Im passing so far, so good for me.

Im trying to believe that my first thoughts arent always wrong, (only the ones concerning alcohol) I want to have a bit of faith in myself, you never know I might occasionally get things right.

Take care all. x
Old 12-19-2008, 05:59 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Wow Alport...I'm really impressed with how you are doing! Not that it matters if I'm impressed..really

My first thoughts after the thought that I should go to treatment have been pretty good so far...it's usually the ones after the first that start to get a little conveluted (sorry can't spell yet!)

My first 45 days of sobriety were filled with very important decisions that I had to make....I had lots of people around me who were able to let me talk through the process and share their own expereinces...it was a big help...and in the end...most of the choices I made were pretty decent...some were even awsome....

Today I have some confidence that I can make choices that work well for me, and when I don't...that I can deal with it and go on

So glad to see you all here!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:38 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Old post I know, but great inspiration!