Notices

45 Days and Under

Old 11-23-2008, 10:08 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Day 20!!!
ohhh. grrr.. my avator is my granddaughter at halloween.. little stinker..gotta love the grandbabies..

I love AA the people and how much I am learning there, I am starting the steps..bit nervous about that, but I need to do them so no more putting them off and I was told I might not like somethings I have to do....eeek.... but to grow I need to mend old wounds I guess.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:16 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
being me

Hi mtnmagic, congrats on 41 days! That is too bad that you are feeling tired again. I suppose the weather doesn't help too much right now. Keep being good to yourself and I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Pam, your granddaughter looks so cute! That is such a creative costume. Congrats on your 20 days!!

Today is 5 weeks for me. Had a good day and a busy weekend. Thanks everyone for being here.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

21 days today!!! Still going strong , feeling good about being sober.
:thank1

Is everyone getting ready for Turkey day..or Black Friday..now that is a great way to spend a morning. Now I know I will be there..

[
Old 11-24-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

How is everyone doing? 36 days for me.

Friday night I had dinner with a sober friend. Saturday I hung out with a friend who was in town, and that night was bingo at the AA club. Yesterday I put up my Christmas decorations and put up my tree! I had a really great weekend, it couldn't have been better. I did have some drinking urges but they passed pretty quickly.

Yah for a 3 day week! Hope you are all doing well. Not the biggest fan of Mondays
Old 11-24-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good Morning ALL!!!

I am doing good today... it's uh, 36 days today, right? haha.. it's good that I am not focusing on how many days, just now staying sober and very happy to be! I am home in Minnesota with my family... and I am getting all the hugs that I have been desperately needing from them! It's great to be home, but I always feel that I will need another vacation from being on vacation. haha

Grrr, I relate with you COMPLETELY! I was a failure because I had addictions, and now that I am in recovery and sober, I am realizing who I am today. I know I like ME more, but now that i'm sober i am realizing that I don't know who I really am anymore. I was always a drunk... I have been since I was 18 I guess. The last time I truly remember being happy was when I was 15, before I moved to a different town and started drinking because of peer pressure and to be liked. I think I'm scared to know who I really am, and are people going to like the new me, the sober me? The good thing is that I know I will!!! If they don't like the new me, than they won't be in my life... it will be their loss... and really it's not ME that they wouldn't necessarily like, it the fact that I am not drinking, the fact that I am clean and sober and they are still doing the same things. I am bettering my life and that's what I love about me today!! But it doesn't mean that I don't still wonder how things will change with some friends!

Another ranting from Shannon... haha... I can't help myself! Alrighty, let me continue reading around in SR. Have a great day!

MUAH!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Welcome soaringhigh!!! So nice to have you apart of this great site!

Congratulations Pam08... 3 weeks is awesome!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

22 days and counting..my home life might suck, but I am holding so strong on sobriety. I am amazed. Thank you all for your posts and friendship, has helped me so much.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
being me

Whatup peeps? I need to get my butt into work, but wanted to stop here and say hi. Day 37 for me (if I can count), and should be the same for shanman and jfm!! I know I said I was getting less excited about counting the days, but those big numbers are kinda exciting....

jfm - I am with you on enjoying sober times with friends. I had similar experiences this weekend and feel like I am finally having a life. And I mean a life I could never have with all the drugs/drinking where I am making real connections with real people. Awesome!

Shanman - Nice rant! I agree, all we need to do is like ourselves. I sometimes pick apart myself and look for something wrong, but it would be better to look at the good and expand on that. All the friends we keep are good connections and the ones that don't hold on were probably weak to start with. For once, I am glad I don't have a ton of friends and can start some relationships from scratch.

Pam, congrats on 22 days! I am sorry to hear you are having issues at home, but as you already know, they would be even worse with drinking. Must be great to deal with them with a clear head. way to go!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

hello all...

how are we doing today? i am hanging in there. getting nervous about thanksgiving! it will be my first "test" and then i have a wedding on saturday that will be VERY difficult. planning on leaving early on both days, but just freaking out a little bit about it. there are so many issues in my family that it is always very stressful to spend time with them.

37 days today

pam, way to go. that's really awesome that you are staying sober despite troubles at home.

grr, hope ya have a good day at work. 3 day week

shanman, hope you are having a fun time on your vacation! too bad you couldn't be greeted by better weather!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
being me

Hi everyone!
How are y'all? Last day of that 3 day work week jfm, woohoo! Turkey day eve! :thankf

I am feeling calm this morning and ready to handle my company. I live alone, so having people in my space is always stressful, even if it is for a fun holiday. I meditated for a short while yesterday evening because I had felt so irritable all day. I know that I can't control what goes on this holiday, but I can control how I react to it. Staying calm, not drinking, and gosh, maybe even having a lot of fun!!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

:thank4:thanke 23 days!!!!! :thank3

Busy busy day today, hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good Morning Ya'll!

I am feeling good today. It's been wonderful to be home... my Mother and I who has been sober now for 23 years, have been having amazing conversations about sobriety and she is giving me such great advice. She is truly an inspiration to me... so much so that we decided to get tattoos together yesterday. *GASP*, I know... haha. The first tat my Mother and I got done together when I was 18. Very small chinese symbols representing Mother on my lower back and she got daughter. Something I have always cherished. So yesterday we got another small chinese symbol that represents serenity... I got mine in a hidden spot that only I (and my husband) will be able to see.

JFM - YOU CAN DO IT!!! Don't let the stress of the holiday's and the possible drinking around you take you down. You have done AMAZING the last 38 days, continue to be as strong as you have been!!! Just think about why you have chosen to stay sober these weeks, and don't give into the pressure. We are here for you!!!

My child is crying for me, that's my que to go! Have a great day all!!!

Shannon
Old 11-26-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi!

I wanted to stop in and say that I am sooooooooooooo sorry that I missed all of your 30 day celebrations! I wasn't around for a short while and I'm sorry for that. I had been looking forward to it for all that time and then missed it. But I'm here now and had to say congrats.

Consider this a belated congratulations! Now you have added even more sober days to it.

I am proud of all of you! I am still trying to catch up on posts and everyone so forgive me for being a little 'behind' these days.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

hey guys! 38 days today... starting to lose track but that's OK by me!

shan, i love your tattoo idea! that rocks, so glad that you got to bond with your mom and have something to always remind you of this path you have chosen.

pam, way to go on 23 days. hope you have a wonderful long weekend!

grrrr, hope you manage to stay relaxed and calm despite the stress of the holiday. i am still freaking a little but i have a ton of resources available - friends, my sponsor, etc. When things get uncomfortable, I'm outta there! My first sober holiday in years!!!

Pretty boring here at work today, not much going on! Feel like a kid in school again before winter break. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and eat way too much Stay safe you guys.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
being me

Hey jfm, I am definitely freaking out a bit too. Really thinking about how I was missing out because of not drinking this holiday. But I keep asking myself, really? really? do you mean that? how bout that bad time you had drinking, or that other one, or that other one.

Thinking of everyone here this holiday. We can get through this!!!!! Life IS so much better sober.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:02 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
being me

Ok, made it through the first day of my company. I think I will be able to handle it from here...

Happy Thanksgiving all!!! Have a fun day!!

:thank4
Old 11-28-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hello all!!! I hope you all had an amazing Turkey day! Holidays are always a tough one for most alcoholics, I am hoping we all made it through without giving in!!! I am very thankful for all of you who have helped me so much in this journey of sobriety! Today is day 40 that I have remained sober!!!

We are heading back to Jersey today. It's been the best trip home in a very long time. I am usually quite stressed and wanting to drink lots when I am home because my family consistently talks about how much they want me to move back... with little remarks here and there. After 9 years you would think that they would just accept it... but i'm their baby, I guess that will never happen. Anyways, I still got that a little, but I was able to actually communicate how I was feeling instead of getting pissed and leaving the room! I'm sure my clean and clear head had a lot to do with that!

We won't get in until late tonight, so I will check back in the morning! Wow... I just reallized that we are quickly approaching 45 days and we will graduate onto the next thread!!! That's awesome, go us! :ghug

XOXO

Shannon
Old 11-28-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
being me

Hi Shanman,
Glad you had such a good Thanksgiving. It is interesting to have to deal with our emotions with our families rather than running into a bottle.

That being said, yesterday was a bit of a wreck for me. I made it through without drinking and came to some very new conclusions about my relationship with my mom. I sooo need a break from her and will be changing some of my xmas plans. But, not numbing all of my feelings with drinking has really allowed me to see things for what they are. Progress is the point, right?

Take care all, thanks for being here.

K
Old 11-29-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day. I had a great day with my kids and had a tiring day going out early for black friday,,hehe.. at day 25.5 now..
Peace on earth to all
Old 12-01-2008, 09:05 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
being me

How is everyone?

JFM, I hope you had a good time at the wedding.
Shanman, I hope your journey home was good. Yes, we can graduate again soon!!
Pam, way to go on more sober days and good times with your kids!

Magic, haven't heard from you in awhile. How is it going for you in the snowy part of CA?

Today is day 43 for me. 6 weeks down now. That is a lot of sober time for me, and things really are different. I am glad to have gotten through Thanksgiving, but it was the toughest challenge yet. Feeling good today, staying home from work to get other work done and also rest. It is sooo great to not worry that I will waste it by getting wasted. Obsessing over making some lame deal with myself that I can start drinking at a certain time in the afternoon. My mental health day today will truly be good for my mental health.