Notices

Class of November

Old 11-23-2008, 07:54 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Fizzy thats an amazing post mate, thank you. Its clear weekends are the worst for me as it used to be no-holds barred drinking time so its nice to know the kind of time frame i'm looking at

Jig... mate!!!! You're not having a good weekend are you pal
Old 11-23-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

He's not having a good week! Full stop! Can't one of you yorkshire lads go knock some sense into him.

Can you and Timzup make it a threesome on Tuesday, or would that be a bit much for your first time?!

Must say, the last couple of years, I had got my drinking nice and evened out. But the Friday cravings linger from earlier days, and took me by surprise when I stopped.

Fizzy in laybys, decanting water out one bottle, then vodka into the water bottle
Old 11-23-2008, 09:42 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

they could be the 3 musketeers.....
Old 11-23-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

JOL just keep coming back, sober or not. It will click in the end :ghug3
Old 11-23-2008, 11:05 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

My local shop opens at 6am every day (including Sunday) and sells booze right through til 11pm. Im cringing now remembering standing outside at that time in the morning waiting for them to open but at the time i had no shame, even used to go in my pyjamas. Oh the shame. Day 16 today and apart from not leaving the house ive had a good week, but ive got to start reconnecting with the world, whats the point in being sober and looking good if there is no one to see it! x
Old 11-23-2008, 11:32 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

16 days is great allport. Get yourself back out there and show the world the real you!
Old 11-23-2008, 11:36 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Allport I know what you mean, I'm avoiding my friends at the moment. I'm trying to get my head straight before I start laying temptations in front of me.

JOL you're more than welcome to come along on Tuesday if want mate.

I've gone from trying to avoid AA to realising its just another thing to help me get through this. I've been trying to stop drinking for the last year and I just keep relapsing. I NEED something to help me battle through. SR is amazing but I feel I need as much ammunition as possible for those dark moments when the addict voice starts with the "you're not really an alcoholic....how can you be if you haven't drunk for 7/10/14 etc days... You can control it... you can drink like a normal person..."
Old 11-23-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Old 11-23-2008, 12:06 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Wibble - good luck with getting your head straight, i havent managed it in my 37 years on the planet.

Drunk or sober im still dysfunctional!

I know what you mean about the voice telling you that you can control your drinking, fortunately after about a million tries on ive finally got the message that its all or nothing.

All ive got to worry about now is my brain deciding that i might as well just give in to the drink since i dont seem to have much of a life without it.

Im a cheerful bunny today!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:12 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Question, is it just Scotland that you can't buy alcohol before 12.30 on a sunday then in the UK ?

Its everywhere up here, supermarkets, if you go out for sunday lunch you can be served your meal and non alcoholic drinks but no alcohol before 12.30.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:13 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Old 11-23-2008, 12:15 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

You get free prescriptions and universitys and we get 6am drinking cant help thinking thats not fair although a few weeks ago i wouldnt have swapped for the world. x
Old 11-23-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Fizzy it's just Scotland. But pubs are open longer up there, last orders are midnight and 11pm on a Sunday are they not?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:26 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Sorry Fizz its just you, Tescos opens at 6am and you can buy booze straight away!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:26 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by allport View Post
Wibble - good luck with getting your head straight, i havent managed it in my 37 years on the planet.

Drunk or sober im still dysfunctional!

I know what you mean about the voice telling you that you can control your drinking, fortunately after about a million tries on ive finally got the message that its all or nothing.

All ive got to worry about now is my brain deciding that i might as well just give in to the drink since i dont seem to have much of a life without it.

Im a cheerful bunny today!

Thing is allport, and its taken me a long time to realise this myself, not drinking isn't suddenly the magic answer to all your problems.

Being sober doesn't magically transfer my life into this amazing wonderland full of fit babes and fast cars.

I'm still just me with my boring job, 2 kids to look after, not as much money as I'd like, a football team that doesn't win as often as I'd like, driving a 6 year old Fiat Punto.

I am now able to leave for work without being sick first in the morning, don't spend my days paranoid that someone can smell drink or notice me shaking, get to spend more quality time with my kids that I'm not wasting thinking about ways to drink, do have more money as I'm not spending it on drink, am able to drive my car without checking my mirrors for Police all the time.

I'm 36 myself, took me years to get into the state I was in, just ain't going to get better overnight I'm afraid.

Its a long journey your on huns and its only baby steps we take, at least you're headed in the right direction.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by allport View Post
You get free prescriptions and universitys and we get 6am drinking cant help thinking thats not fair although a few weeks ago i wouldnt have swapped for the world. x
Just pensioners get free prescriptions up here, its £5 for normal folk, not that pensioners aren't normal, you know what I mean, think thats cheaper than England pays though.

yep last orders normally 11.00 up here Pixy and 12.00 fri/sat.

Believe it or not, I wasn't a big pub goer, few pints before the football but nothing major, most of my drinking was done in secret and alone.

Sad to say it, the vast majority was downed in the privacy of our en-suite !!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:39 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by wibble View Post
Sorry Fizz its just you, Tescos opens at 6am and you can buy booze straight away!!!
Don't apologise mate, could be that I wouldn't be here if the law up here was different !!!!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Thanks fizzy water I know its a long (ie neverending) journey and im just having a whinge but i wouldnt be the woman i am today, a raving alkie, if i wasnt an impatient, want it all now spoilt brat. Try supporting Middlesbrough all your life, we dont like to make things easy for ourselves do we?
Old 11-23-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Thing is allport, and its taken me a long time to realise this myself, not drinking isn't suddenly the magic answer to all your problems.

Being sober doesn't magically transfer my life into this amazing wonderland full of fit babes and fast cars.
WTF!

First I don't get a pony and then you tell me I'm not getting the babes and fast cars!!!

I'm off to go and buy some booze
Old 11-23-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

keep hanging in there

keep praying and think positive you will survive!!!