Notices

Class of November

Old 11-24-2008, 02:34 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

Put a large purple flower in your hair, mouth chuntering mutterings, surround yourself with cats and have a ball !. Supermarkets can be so much fun, off your ****!
Old 11-24-2008, 03:02 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

If i could I would take some of your cravings on myself to deal with.....I'm sorry it is so rough for you all right now

:ghug

I promise it does get better.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:04 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by JigOvLife
I'm currently feeling quite happy and I've caused no chaos yet, plus I'm on my tod in this town, my friends are all a bus or train ride away...It'll run it's course soon.
At risk of being redundant Jig - I gotta go with Fizzy.

I'm no stranger to self indulgence - I have a PhD in it mate.

But I'm watching a good friend struggle at the moment off the boards - theres any number of people struggling here - really in pain...

I'm a bit fed up today.

Every drink keeps you there, Gav.
Like I said elsewhere - noone starts to make things better til after the last drink.

You set the timetable, not the booze.
Its up to you Jig.

D
Old 11-24-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

JOL, didn't get to the wine that jumps into your trolley. I think you're making that bit up!

Oh, and supermarkets off your ****! What fun I've had! I did have to go in one to buy stuff for Sunday dinner, just back from clubbing all night, full of E, and the floor was just the most fascinating thing I'd ever seen. Took me hours to get out of there!
Old 11-24-2008, 03:44 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

Too pissed to interact folks...normal service shall resume.9crikey that took some doing
Old 11-25-2008, 12:04 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

Okey dokey. It's approaching 8 a.m, I've a slight case of the shakes, not helped by the fact that I've only got 2 of those halogen, electric heaters to warm my attic den. (the central heating costs around £15 a week if its on, not worth it for just me).
Yesterday's tally was 3 bottles of white, 4 cans of Red Stripe and 6 test tube shots that I bought to get my purchases over £5, so I could put 'em on my card. (Only went out for a corkscrew).
Today shall be a sober day, reckon I'll be posting a fair bit.
Hope you're all well, take care.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:48 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Day 9!!

Haven't done this long since January, I'm fairly impressed with myself!!!!

JOL, how the f**k can you get 3 bottles of wine 4 cans and test tube shots for a £5?

When you say wine did it say Sarsons on the side of the bottle?

Impressive!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:06 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Well done Wibs. JOL - I think you need more than one meeting a week, mate. Where are you doing your shopping??? Cheap booze or what!

Now boys, I just wanted to say, I am proud of you all, for doing what you are doing, and trying to be better men. I know we are supposed to do the sobriety thing for ourselves, but when you get sober, your kids, your wives, your g/friends - all their lives get better.

If it wasn't for my kids, I would be on the street, most probably with a needle in my arm, if I was indeed still alive. Me and my ex b/f would have taken each other down to the pits, that is for sure.

So, another day sober! Jig??? Come on - get yourself to a midday meeting. There will be heating there.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:21 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

If booze was that cheap, I'd be lost. £5 for the shots and the corkscrew. The wine was an earlier purchase.
Determined today, just bought some white gloss and some brushes to keep myself occupied.
Day 1 (again)
Old 11-25-2008, 02:23 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Well said LB.. sorry Mom!

Jig, I know you already know this but you've got to make a stand and do the first day sober. Its the hardest of them all. I know for a fact you already know this but i've had little "spells" like yours and they've taken 3 months to blow over
Old 11-25-2008, 03:03 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Thanks LB. You know, reading a nice encouraging post like that on a morning does me a world of good.

Sarsons? What more can I say? Classic!

Well done everybody with todays tally. 3 weeks today for me, one thing is for sure I would never have reached this if I had carried on applying uneccessary analyis to AA. I used to do that until I realised that keeping it simple will actually work. I was terrible I tell you. The acceptance and faith in the programme has brought happiness, finally. Oddly enough, it's taken me more courage to do that than all the cross-analysis in the world. Always thought more questions I asked and anomolies I found meant better results, it's undoubtedly does in some, if not most aspects of life but AA? Nope, keep it simple don't they say? Worked for me and that's a testimony, not an opinion.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:40 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Bravo!!!

So to paraphrase Timzup & Fizz

Stop Analyzing, accept you are an addict and only you got yourself into this situation

Stop throwing pop down your throat and see where that takes you

Job done...

The Wibble thanks you

xxx
Old 11-25-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Read this in the 12 Step Support Forum by a member called Markman, just about summed it up for me.

"I'm 499 days sober today and just finished the 12 steps with my sponsor this morning. In a strange way becoming an alcoholic was the best thing that ever happened to me. Since I've been sober I can honestly say that my life has improved in every way possible. To those who are still struggling, my advice is to forget everything you think you know and just be willing. Your miracle is right around the corner. "
Old 11-25-2008, 06:03 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

I needed this today....thanks guys.... I wish I knew the one thing to say that would just open a person to sobriety...I really can't identify the one thing that changed for me the day I got sober....heard all the people say what it was for them, but for me I can't identify it...so even though I'm not a god person, I understand that concept of the grace of god...something beyond any one thing happened and I got sober...an unidentifiable thing no matter how I analize it...but also...I never quit wanting it and fighting toward it either....takes effort and then that undefinable thing.

thanks all.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Wow, struggling with cravings this afternoon... imagining situations when I can drink... Its unreal how powerful these feelings can be!

I'm ok though, not going to do anything stupid. Not today anyway!
Old 11-25-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Like I said elsewhere - noone starts to make things better til after the last drink.
I like those words dee. Day 1 again for me! Two bottles of wine yesterday---then I wonder why I can't get anything done around the house. Husband seems to be really p*ssed off, can't say I blame him. I need to find relief, so this is it. I am done with it today!
Old 11-25-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

Me too, Eclipse. I feel ill today, kinda quakey and food just ain't appealing.
From past experience this'll last a couple of days. Ah well, onwards and upwards. It's good to be back at SR.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Keep going folks. I think there is something in the air at the moment. Is it winter? Why are we all struggling to stay on the straight and narrow?

I do believe that at some point in man's evolution, we were hibernators. I want to curl up and not wake up till May!!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Its reet cold ooop here chaps

Todays been a bit like the vicars egg... good in parts

Awesome stuff happening in business... but then stupid vile cravings come swamping in like Orcs...

Speaking of Orcs

If Chavs were Orcs

Skegness would be Mordor
Old 11-25-2008, 08:54 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Also

Does anyone know why Toast isn't mounting the .iso file to the desktop?

Thanks in advance

Nands??? I reckon its a job for you!