SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/161109-class-november.html)

Pixy1 11-02-2008 03:14 AM

Class of November

Back on day 1 :skillet

I just dont want to feel like this any more. I feel like I will die if I pick up just one more drink. I hate what I have become.

I'm going to need all the help I can get :praying

Rusty Zipper 11-02-2008 03:50 AM

well, ya got'a start somewhere pix...

day ones a great start...

good wishes

serenityqueen 11-02-2008 04:07 AM

The good news is, as long as you have a breath in you, there is hope.

I battled this disease for many, many years . . . many days feeling as though I couldn't go on. Keep reaching out, pray to your HP for strength to just make it through today. Don't worry about tomorrow until it becomes your today.

God Bless,
Judy

Pixy1 11-02-2008 04:35 AM

Judy thak you :ghug3

lostbutterfly 11-02-2008 05:25 AM

Hey Pix - welcome back. How's the pony?

espresso 11-02-2008 05:36 AM

You can do this Pixie -break 24 hours down into an hour at a time if that's what it takes to NOT pick up the first drink. :hug:

colagirl 11-02-2008 10:28 AM

Hi Pixy,
I couldn't have said it better myself! I'm going to send you a PM.

:ghug3

CarolD 11-02-2008 10:36 AM

Good to know you are still trying....:hug:

Please go and read this...it's from the book
that convinced me to quit.
Specifically the information about my brain and liver
enzymes incorrectly processing alcohol.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

You need not die from unchecked alcoholism
Living sober is possible for you too.

Pixy1 11-02-2008 03:54 PM

Well I have got to the end of the day. I'm not going to think of tomorrow, only now.

LB coco is doing great, she is used to us now and we have hours of endless fun as a family at the stables (the dark nights are a pain though)

Colagirl it's good to see you back too :ghug

Carol thank you, I have actually ordered the book "Under the influence" I'm waiting for it to arrive. In the mean time I will read the other three I ordered ages ago but have been too drunk to read.

Anna 11-02-2008 03:59 PM

Good for you, Pixy!

Keep reading and posting. There's lots of support here.

sailorjohn 11-02-2008 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pixy1 (Post 1966395)
Back on day 1 :skillet

I just dont want to feel like this any more. I feel like I will die if I pick up just one more drink. I hate what I have become.

I'm going to need all the help I can get :praying

I have 716 days, as of today, but I really only have one day, as of today. And that's all I really ever have.

tink360 11-02-2008 04:05 PM

whenever you think of picking up a drink think of the desperation you felt the moment you knew you couldnt take it anymore. Its very important to remember the moments that we reached out for freedom from the bottle. That will help remind you why you dont want to reach back into the chains.

One day at a time.

least 11-02-2008 04:16 PM

Never give up. Never! I once felt hopeless, didn't want to live like that anymore. And now I don't. I was a chronic relapser, read my old posts. I made it and so can you!

Make this your last time, your last day one.

:ghug3

tink, love your avatar!!

winwin 11-02-2008 04:52 PM

Good to see you are back. We can all make it. Good Luck!!!!!

Hevyn 11-02-2008 05:42 PM

Pixy I drank heavily for over 25 yrs. and here I am, 9 mos. sober. Maybe you're ready this time. I wasn't ready all the other 30 or so times I tried to get it right! I am finally at peace, because I know I can't touch it ever again. There should've been no doubt in the past, but for some reason I kept insisting I could control it. All the trouble I went to trying to moderate was driving me insane. Now I look back and don't understand why I convinced myself I needed it so badly to live. You'll be so much happier when you've broken free of the chains for good. A whole new life waits for you.

colagirl 11-02-2008 06:30 PM

There are some great thoughts on this thread.

Judy - good to see you, it's been awhile. I've been thinking lately about something you said awhile ago... "put on your big girl panties and deal with it!" That is some good advice for living life on life's terms, and something I need to apply STAT!

Hope 11-02-2008 06:39 PM

Pixy,

You never have to feel like this again.

Don't give up.... you can have a life of freedom from alcohol.

Pixy1 11-03-2008 02:22 PM

Thank you all :Val004:

Day 2, Not going to think about tomorrow.

Emily2002 11-03-2008 02:43 PM

Count me in. Day 1.

Ananda 11-03-2008 02:47 PM

newleaf and pixy...I'm glad you are posting your commitment and keep reaching out for help!

I think people who make it through day 1, day 2, day 3.....are the most amazing miricles in the world!!!!! :ghug