Notices

Major depression/Bipolar Journal III

Old 05-23-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Studs Terkel has some books of interviews out. Very moving. I have found that Vietnam vets really don't talk about it. It would be great to have a book like that, I think it is needed.

Love hearing about your new place, it sounds so wonderful!
You are inspiring me...I am going to get somethings organized around here!
WOW, I love wood floors! And the kitchen sounds great. I'll bet you can create an eclectic mix that allows you to incorporate some of your original preferences. You are very visual and you are an artist!

I want to try false eyelashes! Are they hard to get on straight?
I was always afraid I would look like Tammy Baker...LOL!!!!

Gosh I wish we could go shopping around just looking at home stuff for ideas! Tho' I get to do that by cleaning houses. I find that many of the best dressed use red.
Are you able to paint walls? All red might be too much, but one wall, or the lower half with a chair rail looks great. Stenciling is very, very easy and quick too. Just a couple of ideas...there must be hundreds more!

That is it...today I am going to find the bedroom floor and make the bedroom a cozy place as it should be. Trouble is..it is so small....I want to move all the dressers out and put them in the guest room and get rid of the bed in there as it is just a bunch of storage now....I can't even get to that bed. Rolls of carpet, tools, stuff, stuff, more stuff.
And if I don't start now...when?????? LOL
Old 05-24-2007, 10:07 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

lol....how did the spiffing up go? If you're anything like me then the mood passed before even getting started

The false eyelashes arn't near as hard as I thought. I bought them at BeautyCo and the most natural looking one's i've found so far are called "fairies".

All you have to do is put a thin line of lash glue (also found at the beauty store) on them, wait 30 seconds and then with twizzers grasp the lash in the center then line up the tweezers with the center of your eye (or around there, doesn't have to be perfect) and then place them gently and as close to your real lash as possible. Use the tweezers to hold down each corner until it is secure and your done Apply mascera as usual or not at all.

They sell the glue in a kind that dries black and a kind that dries clear. Clear is what most peeps use b/c it's easiest. After I put mine on, I usually take liquid black liner and just go over the lash line with it to add depth with the black and it may help secure the lashes a little bit extra too...dunno.

then when you go to take them off, you can either gently peel them off or use eye make-up remover....then put back in case until the next day or next time you want to wear them. I'm new at them so i've only gotten a pair to last about 5 wears before losing one or something, but they say they can last up to a month of daily use. Dunno...maybe once i get more practice in.

The girls who have noticed them on me and said something were shocked when i told them they were false. They couldn't believe it because they said they looked real....so no worries about looking like Tammy Fay Baker unless you want to buy some of the more drastic ones. lol.

Nope, not able to paint, but i'm not bummed about that since anything is better than the dark wood paneling i've been living with for so many years now. Although, my mom learned a good trick from a new renter. She said you can buy fabric and soak it in liquid starch and then put it up on your walls like wall paper.....but with the cool difference being that it can easily be removed from the walls by just peeling it off!!

I'm not very good when it comes to decorating. You'd think i would be with the kind of visual person i am, but I grew up in non-nicely decorated homes and so it's hard for me to figure out how to make my own place look like....well....nice and well decorated. So this is a challenge for me, but i'm already doing a little better than I had thought. So who knows this time.

i've bought stencils before, but never did any. Too many steps involved for it to be "easy" in my mind. Heck i've even bought spray paint to paint a wicker shelf with and never even got around to do that one simple-step process! lol

it's way past my bed time so i'm going home. My vacation officially starts as soon as I walk out of my office doors tonight and then sis and I leave for NY Sat morning....i'm excited, but worried about being too exhausted to enjoy it. Physical energy of any kind has been hard to come by these days and sis has a full itenarary already lined out. ***sigh***

I still have to pack....***double sigh***

luv and hugs,
Jenna
Old 05-25-2007, 05:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I hope the itenerary is mutal!

I got excited about your place, then I met up with some ladies in a thread, who keep up with life skills (LOL) and so that is just kind of karma-ing in with my cleaning lady role and another group of Winners in another thread.

So I did a routine house as taught me by Edie.
I am crazy enough to share it with you.
She has been a successful entrepeneur in this and another business for 13 years and her net worth makes her smile. Edie.

How to clean the house (most of our clients are every other week.)

Change bed, put sheets in wash.
Spray down bathroom shower/tub and let it soak.
Clean up the kitchen, dishes first and then wipe countertops and appliances. Cabinet fronts.
Wipe down bathrooms.
Put linens in dryer.
Dust from top down, starting at ceilings. Rotate doing detail dusting and tops only.
Windex. Windows don't count.
Vacuum floors.
Mop hard floors.
Put away linens..
Looks good, smells good, feels good.

It took me far longer at home by myself than with the two of us together at somebody else's house.

This done I took a beauty bath and SHAVED my legs.

I got a marriage proposal

I am trying to learn from a lady named bad how these problems, making the bed, washing the dishes aren't even problems, they are golden.

I am on a knitting binge.

HAPPY VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:36 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hey BP Gang..haven't been here in awhile...

But I have a question...I promise to check back for the replies..and not skip out

for weeks..promise.

I need your help guys.

Do you start to feel anxious about the time your meds wear off?

I take all mine at night at once.

By 9 or 10 the next evening I am literally jumpin' out of the old skin...

Is this normal?

Love ya'll

Sherry
Old 05-27-2007, 04:43 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I don't know what meds you are on but my anti-anxiety has a short half life, means it basically clears out of my system in 4 hours shrink said. Altho' from going cold turkey it takes longer than that to really start wigging.

Hmmm....so I will just wait for wiser ones to come along.

I am trying to get to having an orderly home, Jenna. And you were the start of the inspiration!

I keep forgetting to ask hot pink or pastel?

I was eating some very old m&m's someone gave me in the middle of the night last night, so that is a very clear flag that pms is here. I hate it. I get so irritable. And worse yet, lately weepy too. And so TIRED.
I know, I know...it's my age.
So there you have it, you have to be nearly menopausal before you quit getting zits!

I did that list Jenna! Now I am trying to re-claim the bedroom. Too much for all at once, but if I do some every day. I would also like to have the bed made every day.
Wow, like climbing Mt Everest LOL...what goals??

Hey, you can have people over at your house!!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:03 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

sherry, it depends on what meds you are taking, but i'd definetly suggest talking to you doc about switvhing when you take them (or maybe even stagger them).

tena...lol....mostly hot pink. don't know why as i always hated the color before. seems the more i pack and get things in order...the more i realize i've got a LOT of cream colored things (many of them with gold highlights or designs) and wood colored things. the two go very well together. and throwing in the hot pinks and deep reds just make a few things pop -- for a little "umph". ya know

i'm so exhausted...
came back from NY feeling like i tried running the whole way while chugging vodka for 3 days straight.
i couldn't have handled trying to go to work after the way i felt, so scheduling off was definetly the right thing to do.
now, i'm exhausted from all the moving/packing/cleaning work i did today and yesterday, but i couldn't fall asleep b/c a new tooth is hammering into my head with pain whenever it so chooses....so i turned on my new computer for the first time and loaded the internet onto it.

so new house for the whole weekend
got my new computer up and running
need to find a dentist to go see within the coming week
plan to start seriously checking into gastric-banding as NY had too many mirrors for me to decide something has to be done if there's anyway for me to make it happen.

still missing the stupid guy, but making it.

how is your re-claiming of the bedroom going?
i'm finding it hard not to clutter my new place with useless things as always, but so far i'm okay. i'm also trying to make my bed everyday -something i've never been able to stick to my whole life!

people over to my house? yes! yes???
i've become so guarded and unbending when it comes to my personal spaces that yes....i can have someone over now....but how to do it and feel comfortable is another story. even my desk at work became extremly hard to deal with someone else being in my space (the intern). i don't know why, but it feels like a violation of some odd sort...for some reason i've yet to really understand.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:16 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Gosh I missed you!
I broke up laughing at your comment about running solid while chugging vodka.
Is that possible? I would fall on my face and pee my pants? LOL

YOUR HOUSE!

Aw...the bed. Well, hard to do since one or the other of us is always crawling back in it for "a little rest"
But things are staying tidier.

I can think of some ways you can entertain, be exceptionally hospitable and still control your space. Will write about that tomorrow if you like.

Have you got an ice pack for the sore tooth area? I put goodie's powders directly on the tooth when one bothers me. It helps for awhile.

So did you have FUN?

I don't think ANYBODY likes having someone hovering around their desk?
Old 06-03-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Jenna,

This house, your life now!
Think from when we met.?

So, there's a stupid boy problem....as my friend, L, says "my problems are golden"

Your VACATION! Affording and getting dental care.

I get out of housekeeping this week because my spinal is acting up.

So, can I play housewarming with you some more?
My best/favorite suggestion for decorating and making a feeling of hospitality POP is to set the table, keep it set, like a 4 star restaurant.
That would be an inexpensive way for you to put in the red and pink pizazz and use the cream/gold.
Not to be bold, but I think I have a talent here.
Watch people notice it and their reaction to this trick.
More importantly, notice your reaction and how it feels to you.
I find it is like being greeted with a smile.

Love,
Old 06-04-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

The chickens have been fed and it is dark out.......I am going to bed with the chickens.

G'night.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:46 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

AW! Paybacks are a mother!!!!! LMAO

Fine. Then. Fine. I will talk to and by myself and wait for madam shutterbug, the celebrity, whom I adore to fix her tooth and have a party with her new home and get her famous photos published all over the place and then to tell me ALL about it.

By the way, she wears neon pink bras. Eat your heart out!

For real, I was thinking about you. Specifically your therapist telling you to envision a poison symbol over his picture. No. NO.. That is not good enough!

My daughter and I have a shorthand way of doing this. It is called "white-out". You know, like when there were typewriters and you had to correct errors with white-out.? Okay.....there comes a point and we "white out" people, that means that they don't exist to us anymore, they have become invisible etc. All it takes is that self-remionder of the code "white out". If you have been white-out, you may as well have dropped off the earth. I don't care if you are standing in the same line at the grocery check out, I can't see you, you do not exist to me, you are invisible, you are "white-out".
Stupid boys!
Hormone-driven women! LOL
Just don't settle! k?
You deserve ALL the best!

I haven't had to use it often, but I swear it works for me. And daughter.

love you and hugs!
Tena

PS I want to talk to you about something SERIOUS....but either on phone or pm.
WHEN you have the time.
MS. FAMOUS!

All this is kidding, well, except the last part and when I talk to you, you will understand.

Love you heaps and bunches!
Tena
Old 06-07-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I have had 3 days off to rest my back...enough all ready!
We start work an hour early in the morning.

Danny has been working outside all day...who is this man and what is going on?

Take care and hugs!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:26 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I stuck my foot in my mouth again and upset some people I care about. SIGH
I didn't mean any offense!

I don't know whether to apologize (my first instinct) or to explain, both or say nothing.

Miss you, Jenna!

And what happened to Katie Rose?

Once again, it seems I am better off posting down here in the loonie bin!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:03 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi, Jenna....hope you are okay. I would like to assume that on a Friday night you have much better things to do!
However, I tend to spend my Friday nights here.

I talked to you about this before and thank you, you mentioned it for me.
I didn't know if I was going to come back to SR.
I was living life....and SR is a mixed ambivalent bag for me.

Sometimes it is the most wonderful place to be!
Other times it brings me down, depresses me and frustrates me to no end.

I have been on almost constantly being off work for 3 days and resting my back...which is doing fine now.

Some one in some thread asked what gives you joy? It just occurred to me....the sound of about 7 bones in my neck "cracking" back into place. I almost want to jump up and kiss the guy. I ALWAYS say " I LOVE that sound"

Last time they told me I had a high pain tolerance...because of the setting I needed on the Tens Unit...the electrical zappers.

Sure physical pain.........mental, emotional pain is a whole diffferent story.

There is a whole lot going on in my life...and at the same time, nothing much really.

Coz it's all in my head, of course LOL

See.....I feel like I can only talk to you like that!

Every rare once in awhile I feel I can be of service, of help, make some small difference for someone I meet here. THAT is really important to me.

And ,....where in the world is BOZO. Dude, I just can't stay decaf either and I am not lying...it is my husband's fault. He makes the coffee in the morning and I when I met him I was decaf and told him I needed to be....but he just keeps slipping in a little mix of caf. I find I can handle that......but definitely no caffeine much past noon. I have been trying for 4 years to turn him on to herbal relaxing teas at night, which was my habit before him. No success at all.

Sometimes I think about buying a second coffee pot. He is all into grinding beans and the percolator. I always had a set the night before coffeemaker and just dumped decaf in at night. But, I swear, he considers it his most important husbandly duty to get up before me, make coffee and wake me up and pour me a cup.

And sometimes I get that from SR.....so I am ambivalent and feeling shy about it again.

But THIS thread is my SAFE place. Because of you, beloved friend.

I don't know...my computer is hinky...it sometimes rearranges paragraphs!

I mean....sometimes I get a great feeling of being of service from SR.

I had a crisis last week and frankly was amazed at the number of people who came to my aid.

I am doing something risky tonight. I am reading and trying with my utmost restraint to read and be very cautious of what I post in the Secular forum. I respect your faith....but sometimes I go on overload because I can't identify with much of the common wisdom and dare not say what I am really thinking.

Funny thing here....we can vent about alot of things...but some are verboten. But I am trying to understand the common good surpassess and is more important than what I am experiencing.

Happy Friday to you!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:38 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Tena,

I am here. Stayed at my brothers house for a few days, seriously needed a break.
Can't talk about it right now, but will fill you in sometime.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:00 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
Gosh I missed you!
I broke up laughing at your comment about running solid while chugging vodka.
Is that possible? I would fall on my face and pee my pants? LOL
LOL....I had to go back and re-read my post as I'd forgotten i'd even said that!

Sorry for being so MIA....btwn re-couping from NY and trying to get completely moved and still working every day...i haven't had much down time.

I would enjoy hearing your ideas about entertaining (unless of course you did already and I just haven't read it yet)

Most of NY trip was miserable. I wish i wouldn't have gone....i fill in more later when have more time.

Have you got an ice pack for the sore tooth area? I put goodie's powders directly on the tooth when one bothers me. It helps for awhile.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:04 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Jenna,

This house, your life now!
Think from when we met.?

So, there's a stupid boy problem....as my friend, L, says "my problems are golden"

Your VACATION! Affording and getting dental care.

I get out of housekeeping this week because my spinal is acting up.

So, can I play housewarming with you some more?
My best/favorite suggestion for decorating and making a feeling of hospitality POP is to set the table, keep it set, like a 4 star restaurant.
That would be an inexpensive way for you to put in the red and pink pizazz and use the cream/gold.
Not to be bold, but I think I have a talent here.
Watch people notice it and their reaction to this trick.
More importantly, notice your reaction and how it feels to you.
I find it is like being greeted with a smile.

Love,

I think of that often! Of where i was when we met and how things have changes so since!!!

I Love your table idea....i just don't have a table. I'm using the dining room as an office/library/(and eventually part-studio). Although I've had my eye out for a small bistro set for a long time that would go perfect in the kitchen if i ever find one i like. Then I could set TWO settings -- like it's just waiting for someone to join me
Old 06-11-2007, 12:05 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

The chickens have been fed and it is dark out.......I am going to bed with the chickens.

G'night.

you have chickens? when did you get chickensz? how many chickens do you have? why do you have chickens? LOL
Old 06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

LOL...love you..

not my chickens, they are the landlord's but they have been traveling and Danny takes care of them...and he won't admit it but he loves them and they are his pets.
He talks to them and holds the babies and they know him and jump into his hand.

Now that summer season is on clearance, you might get an outdoor patio bistro set cheap...and will have that for outdoor later on?
I promise the settings are an inviting trick!

I HATE it that your trip was miserable! And I have some guesses why, maybe. And that sucks.

My ex-husband and travelled with my sis and her husband at the time for a month one time. Our agendas did not mesh well. At one point ex and I took off our own way and I didn't care if I found her or she found me again for the next decade!

My modem is really acting up. So I am typing short messages in case it goes down again!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

sorry i wasn't here for you sooner. seem to me that the secular forum would be open to people speaking their minds? Always feel free to do so here. Some things i can understand myself as I constant question why it is i believe what i do....and 50 percent of that answer lies in "that's what i was taught growing up" but i have issues with all the "damnation" parts. Mostly, i have an inner spirit that seems to guide me and who I reach to for answers when i'm lost....That spirit is my God and the reaching is what I call prayers, but i don't look down on anyone who thinks different or has different names/words they use or don't believe in anything at all. the only time it comes into play, in my brain, is when i'm evaluating someone as a potential mate. I have pre-concieved ideas about how i want parts of my life to be in a marriage situation, but even this last guy I've been obsessing over...he's an agnostic. I guess i tend to be more flexable and open minded than alot of people.

Anyway, sweet Live, I miss you too and think of you more than I write you. I hope you are doing better this week. How's the back feeling now? Sounds like hubby's treatment is doing him WONDERS!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:24 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

i see you are online, but i've got to go back to work....i've been gone for about 3 hours now!!