Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 94

Old 12-10-2021, 04:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by least View Post
I am taking us out for dinner tomorrow evening at my favorite restaurant. Grateful that I'll be able to have my favorite dish again - Asian glazed salmon.
Least, I'm grateful that you're feeling well enough to go out, and the salmon sounds yummy

Grateful to step away from my government job today, this week has been very stressful.
Grateful to deal with all the stress on life's terms, clean and sober.
Grateful I'll have enough time away from my event work tomorrow to get a few errands run.
Old 12-10-2021, 03:20 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Grateful I am grateful
Grateful that when my MIL and I went to a store I saw a popcorn popper in the store and it reminded me of my husband and it made me smile. Back when were dating in high school he got me one for a graduation gift
Grateful I went grocery shopping for my Mom..I may get in trouble with my sister as I brought "contraband" in the house..Pretzles.
Grateful for my walk
Grateful for getting the sheets and towels washed and put away
Grateful that my MIL took Rilely, my pup, for a walk while i was gone helping my Mom
Grateful for everyone here
Old 12-10-2021, 03:30 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you.
Old 12-10-2021, 05:26 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Astro, I'm not really feeling good enough to go out, but I went anyway. Bro and I had a good meal and left a really nice tip for the server. (50% of the bill) Got a big piece of salmon and ate it all... and now I have a bad stomach ache. But the salmon was worth it.
Old 12-10-2021, 06:05 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Least, I’m glad you were able to get out to dinner. But I’m sorry the pain and now stomach ache persists
Alpine, my Dad died a year ago from Vascular dementia and Alzheimer’s, so I know how hard it can be. Astro and the other long timers here might remember all my pain for about a year and a half. There were some crazy issues between my dad and his ex and a mortgage that to this day is still in foreclosure and probably will be forever. I’m just glad I have nothing to do with it anymore 😊. I feel lucky that my dad was not a mean patient even when the disease got the worst of him. He was always so kind ❤️ I’m sorry for the meanness you have to endure. That has got to be rough. I hope you will lean on us for support here. I found this group in particular so so supportive and helpful, even more than some of my in person friends. Isn’t that interesting?
Grateful for my computer friends 😊
Grateful for a hot bath
That just made me think of Daisy because she always posted about the hot bath too. I miss her and hope she is well
Grateful for a busy week that has come to an end. Next week will actually be about the same but then things will settle down for the holidays. Yay!
Grateful for snow predicted as I really want to ski. We reserved a vrbo in tahoe right after xmas
Astro and a Aly, I hope you are both ok with your aches and pains
Hi to BKA, AT and anyone else I missed.
Grateful to try out a tandoori marinaded tofu recipe. I’ll let you know. Sounds weird, huh?
Love you guys

Old 12-10-2021, 06:20 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good evening all.

I'm hanging out in my brother's MIL's house. She has a lovely kind of Non-Christmas tree. She is Jewish. I can't quite describe it but it has lights and isn't a spruce. I can hear the wind outside which is kind of lovely.

Tonight i'm grateful for
-the kind nurses who take care of my Dad
-my nephew's enthusiasm this morning for riding his bike through the snow to high school
-sushi for dinner

May you all have a lovely evening.

Old 12-10-2021, 06:24 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Fearless, I feel so much the same about this thread and the wonderful people here. I love the way we share things in our lives and I feel like I have some real friends here too. A lot of kindness and support here, for sure. Fearless always has such wise things to say and yes, you went through an awful lot when and before your dad passed. You handled things so well, even though I'm sure there is still pain around that issue. 💖 I miss Daisy here in the evening too.
Alpine Thinking of you and sending Love and peace to you and anyone struggling or suffering in any way. 💗☮
Astro, hope you are feeling better and you too Least. Your salmon for dinner out sounds very good. I love salmon. BKA and AT, hope you are well too. Sorry if I missed anyone. You are all in my thoughts.
Sleep tight and have Pleasant Dreams. Grateful for such a great group of people.
Old 12-10-2021, 11:28 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi all! I'm glad so many of you are still here. I seem to have become less capable with these threads but since I'm up and unable to sleep, I thought I would check in.
I've made 3.5 years so far, for which I'm very grateful.
I've been through some things, have established a strong group of sober friends.
And I'm grateful to have begun this journey on SR.

Old 12-11-2021, 05:37 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello Missy, nice to see you again and congrats on your sober time!

Yes, I am definitely grateful for this great group of supportive people. I've been around SR for over 15 years and numerous members here have helped me through my father's battle with dementia and his eventual passing and through many other trials and challenges, we have a wonderful community here.

Grateful that we have a small pile of firewood here and that my wife is enjoying our fireplace while I'm working events at night.
Grateful for the delicious dinner I came home to after working a hockey game.
Old 12-11-2021, 01:31 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that I thought to check the stray cats' food and water and gave them both. Grateful that I mustered the ambition this morning to dump the old dirty straw in the cat shelters and replace it with clean fresh straw. I always put some catnip in them to entice the strays to come in. I just looked out on the porch and the raggedy old tomcat was lying inside one of them. Glad he's got a place to shelter in out of the cold and wet and wind.
Old 12-11-2021, 01:43 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Fearless, yeah...my Dad died a little over 2 years ago. He was in a memory care unit. He fell and fractured his hip and elbow and died that night. It was the day before my Mom's birthday.
Grateful for a hike with my SIL. We saw a frog which is unusual this time of year. It was on the warm side with a chance of rain. The rain held off.
Grateful it is now raining
Grateful to hear my husband's voice this morning and seeing him via Teams.
Grateful to be sober
Grateful for all of you. Thanks for everything.
Old 12-11-2021, 01:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

My Dad died at 52, the day before my mom's birthday too. He's been dead a long time now, but I still miss him. Luckily for the kind of person he was, he went quickly, playing raquetball with a friend and had a massive coronary. I thank God he didn't have a long and lingering illness.
Hope you all are doing well.
Grateful for you all of you. Love and peace to anyone struggling or sufferring in anyway.
Old 12-11-2021, 02:05 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hello All. Struggling to get through today, as I had terrible insomnia last night. I think I fell asleep around 4am and woke up at 7:30. Some nights I just can't get my brain to turn off!
Grateful for getting to spend time with an old friend over lunch and laughing over shared experiences.
Grateful for nothing big I absolutely had to do today so I can be a couch potato.
Grateful for popcorn.
Grateful that we were spared the terrible storms parts of the midwest had last night. Really thinking of the lives lost and all the families left behind.
Grateful for the constant presence of SR, day and night. Thanks for being here!
Old 12-11-2021, 02:36 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for the tip to get a pair of compression stockings. I ordered a pair of knee highs and should get them in a week or so.

Grateful the wind is supposed to die down in a few hours. The temp today went from 62 F down to 32 F in just a couple hours.
Old 12-11-2021, 03:45 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Grateful for my little chuckle when i went down in the basement and found my MIL ironing her sheets including the fitted sheet.
Old 12-11-2021, 03:46 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Sleep well tonight Sneezy
Glad you thought of the compression stockings. A lot of people are helped by then. I think when I was in high school and college and was waitressing, I wore them. That work can be tough, esp double shifts. I wore them while doing that kind of work and help keep the pain in my legs level enough to do double shifts! Keep us posted on how they work. I hope they give you some relief. Glad you got your straw changed for the kitties too.
Alpine, I've heard of people who do that. It is kind of chuckle inducing. Hope all is well.
Grateful for all of you, your posts and wisdom.
Old 12-11-2021, 06:55 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Actually, I was advised by two people I trust not to get the stockings unless my doctor ordered it. So I cancelled my order and am calling my doctor Monday for an appt.

Tonight I have the honor of paying my neighbor's 12 yr old for his help in taking Billie out for potty and, on the weekends, feeding her supper and taking her out, both after supper and at 10 pm. What he does helps me so much. I can take Billie out myself but the little bit of walking and standing hurts my back so much. He's doing me a great service and I am glad to pay him for it. I'm grateful that he's my neighbor.
Old 12-11-2021, 08:24 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi all,

It was a bit of a long boring day but I have a few things to be grateful for:
-my Dad ate his dinner and wasn't in too much pain
-I got snow tires on my car

Sneezy so glad you weren't hit by that storm and so so sorry for the people who were. Did you have wind and rain?
Old 12-11-2021, 10:07 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of your posts and sharing parts of yourselves.
Thank you, Aly
Sneezy, I hope you get sleep tonight. If I remember, you are newly sober? I just know that it took me a few months to get my sleep on track after sobering up. Actually longer than that. I took a sleep med for a while then had to detox from that. If I am practicing good sleep hygiene, I can get 7-8 hours. But when I don’t, I still usually get 6-7 hours which isn’t bad. But when I rarely get less than that, usually because of stress, it’s pretty awful so I know what you mean. This too shall pass
Grateful for a good day with friends, lunching and shopping
Grateful sonny y boy was in a good mood today. We still need to talk about what happened last night which Mr F and I agreed we will do tomorrow.
Grateful for my sobriety and to be able to handle life’s challenges without booze. I am proud of myself, and of all of us here.
Grateful to have time to do some work tomorrow.
Grateful to plan dinner with nondrinking friends tomorrow night.
Thinking of all those affected by the storm and hoping for safety
Old 12-12-2021, 04:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
Struggling to get through today, as I had terrible insomnia last night. I think I fell asleep around 4am and woke up at 7:30. Some nights I just can't get my brain to turn off!
I hear ya, got home at 2:00 AM and I'm up at 5:00 for another work shift. Not a wink of sleep. Let's pray for each other that we manage to get some badly needed rest soon, ok?

Grateful that I'll be home early enough this afternoon to have dinner with my wife and just relax for awhile.
Grateful that we're taking a road trip next weekend and I'm only working two events in the coming week.