Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 94

Old 12-03-2021, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 94

Last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-93-a-20.html (Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 93)

D
Old 12-03-2021, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for the new thread Dee!
Grateful for latkes. Fearless, I use a flax egg in my latkes to make them vegan and it works great! Grateful for my pretty city of Philadelphia. Grateful that I agreed to go see my family for a couple days over Christmas. Grateful for musical theater.
Happy Chanukah to any one who celebrates!
Old 12-03-2021, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

And to you Autumn Tree
D
Old 12-03-2021, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee!
Old 12-03-2021, 05:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I felt really good today, sleep has improved, more energy, not as crabby. Day 7 clean and sober, very grateful!
Grateful for the return of emotions other than solely impatience/irritability, though that is still there!
Grateful for my neighbor who is always friendly and kind and neighborly without being intrusive in any way.
Grateful for the decision only to spend time with people I really want to spend time with. So far, so good but I'm waiting for that to present some challenges sooner rather than later!
Grateful that even though there is an interpersonal situation that is really painful to me, I have the insight to realize that this is not the time for me to think I know how to impact that in a healthy way, so I'm just avoiding it until I feel like maybe I can. Plan is to talk it over with a good friend rather than sit alone with it and stew, as I usually do!
Grateful for SR and all of you who read these words and really care. That means so much to me, thank you.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thanks Dee!

(((Sneezy))) Stay with us, we'll give you support and love.

Tonight I'm grateful for my many blessing, my friends and family, and, of course, my critters. (can't forget Billie and Lily and Franny)

Grateful for my brother helping me so much. Grateful for Billie's peaceful presence in the den.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Sneezy, good to have you here adding to the ambiance of gratitude.

Tonight I'm inordinately pleased with fixing a bit of corner trim in the house. I think a dog chewed it off years ago and is was badly patched with some kind of wood filler. Over the last few days I have been doing a bit at a time: remove the damaged bit, saw off the remaining, find a new piece of wood. Today I sawed the new piece of wood to the right shape, sanded it, drilled it and nailed it in place with finish nails. I am so NOT a trim carpenter and it actually looks okay . . .even pretty good. I still have more sanding and then staining.

In these last few months, it has been quite a surprise to find out how much I like carpentry. I am so so pleased.

Also I went for a walk with one of my resident teenagers. She is dogsitting a small dog. It was pretty dark but the Christmas lights were lit at our chapel tonight and the stars were out. We walked and talked. Nice.

Tomorrow I really need to do something about my refrigerator, take out the trash and get pine colored wood putty . . . but today's work was enough.

Sleep well my friends.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
Day 7 clean and sober, very grateful!
Amen, that is much to be grateful for!

I am grateful always to joke around, laugh, and smile. Had a good amount of that last night at work, it drives away the current seriousness and somber attitude that's so much a part of my work atmosphere at times.
Grateful I took tomorrow off, I have a long day ahead working a holiday extravaganza and it'll feel good to just relax.
Old 12-04-2021, 05:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for Billie's love. Grateful to my brother and the neighbor kid for feeding her and taking her out.

Grateful for friends and family. Grateful for the unseasonably warm weather.
Old 12-05-2021, 05:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you, Sneezy!!! We are rooting for you!
Old 12-05-2021, 08:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for all the good food we were offered at work yesterday and the fun we had with a charity organization that puts on the event.
Grateful they raised so much money for their teen centers.
Grateful that everyone was in a cheerful holiday spirit yesterday.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Grateful for my walks
Grateful for a warm place to stay
grateful for SR
Grateful i am slowly trying to pull myself out of my slump
Old 12-05-2021, 05:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Alpine))) sending prayers that you find your way out of the slump.

Grateful for the neighbor kid and my brother for taking care of Billie.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Today I had a lovely encounter that lifted my spirit. I ran into one of my high school teachers at the grocery store. We had a good gossip and I noticed she was wearing a pair of fingerless mittens that I had knit. I mentioned this to her and she excitedly exclaimed that they were left at her house years ago (My sister and I went to her house to watch Downton Abbey at one time and I must have left them then). She told me that they were her favorites and she was really careful not to lose them.

The happy part is that I LOVE to knit these fingerless mittens but don't really know anyone who wants them. I assured my former teacher that I would knit her as many as she wanted and I would happily bring them to her. I'm still so psyched about this little serendipity or whatever you call it.

I like this gratitude forum and post but please know that I always have something that I'm struggling with: the turkey gizzard leak all over the refrigerator, not having the rite socket to take apart the inside of the refrigerator to clean, the wood putty I bought today that is rock hard . . . I post on whiners where this properly belongs . . . . so life sure has it's ups and downs but so it is.

Sleep well all.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

BKA, I'm sure those fingerless gloves bring her joy and keep her hands warm

Grateful for ODAAT, I start a special two week assignment at work today and even though it's 4:30 AM I've already had one text from an employee saying they won't be in. I just have to walk through this and remember that it doesn't go on forever lol.
Grateful my wife and I took yesterday to rest, even taking a nap which is rare for me.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Have a great day.
No turkey gizzards leaking in the fridge, gratefully. LOL
Old 12-06-2021, 04:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Grateful I still went out for a walk despite the rain and wind
Grateful I should be able to talk with my husband on the phone tonight
Grateful for another sober day. Working on changing my mindset and trying to be happy. I am a work in n progress
Old 12-06-2021, 05:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to my brother for taking care of Billie and the cats and for taking me to run errands.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Alpine!
BKA, I loved reading your fingerless glove serendipity (great word for it). How great to know how much she has loved them over the years!
Astro, wishing you resilience during these two difficult work weeks and hope they get easier.
Least, glad Billie is well taken care of.
Alysheba, glad no leaky turkey gizzards
Tonight I'm very very grateful for childhood friends who are still my friends. There is something so grounding and comforting about knowing people for sixty years and still finding them to be kind, interesting, compassionate and true blue.
Grateful that when I had my first craving for alcohol today after 11 days of sobriety, I found I could identify the triggers and deal with it pretty easily. But I know there will be more ahead, and that they won't always be that easy to put away.
Grateful for all of you, thanks for your support, it means a lot.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Sneezy)))

Grateful for the neighbor kid finally answering my text and coming over to take Billie out.