Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 97

Old 04-26-2020, 09:06 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Re: Morning Gratitude ~ Part 97

Grateful to celebrate two years sober today. Gonna go for a hike with Henry and my friends M & C and their infant son.
Good luck on the move, Hevyn!
Old 04-26-2020, 10:24 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Deserto and Buttermarsh, congrats on your sobertime. I'd give you my celebration emojis, but I still haven't quite figured out how to use them. Huge congrats!Grateful I managed to get to the store yesterday despite my anxiety. NL, I think, someone may correct me if I'm wrong, a duvet day is staying in bed all day, reading, sleeping, TV, whatever you feel like doing or not doing. I think it's taking a day to not put pressure on yourself to do anything if you don't feel up to it. Kind of like a mental health day. Grateful for all of you and that I was so happy to see your posts this morning.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:57 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Grateful for sunshine, coffee and this site!
Old 04-27-2020, 03:23 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Grateful for the gift of self control.

Grateful for how my days have opened up lately to avail me much needed time to commune with God.

Grateful for being present with my kids. Grateful that I'm blessed to be chosen to be a part of their lives.

Grateful for gratitude. A religion in itself indeed.

Grateful for sobriety and for grace.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:29 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:33 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

So very grateful to hear from my dear friend last evening and that she and her family are doing well.
Grateful to have a plan in place for when I take my pooch to the vet today. Precarious is the word that comes to mind -- how will he behave around other big dogs. He does do fine with the staff and loves the attention he gets from them.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:39 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee.Grateful that a rough night's sleep is the first step in getting back on a more regular schedule (hopefully!)Grateful to have a reason to get in my car and drive today.Grateful for a new opportunity.Grateful that I can usually recognize emotional struggles as temporary these days.Grateful for a nice, quiet place to start my work day.Grateful that all this rain is bringing a lot of green!Grateful to be of service to my parents today, especially my mom.Grateful to be sober, and for all the SR heroes who keep this site up an running!
Old 04-27-2020, 04:59 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Good luck with the new job Palmersage I hope all goes well for you.
Numblady, your post made me smile.

A duvet day is where you just stay at home slobbing about watching t.v on the sofa in your p.j's with your duvet, eating crap and doing nothing of very much at all, just a very lazy day. That's what I got told anyway, lol.

Grateful to be free from the shackles of alcohol today and everyday.
Grateful to have gone shopping for essentials first thing and did no queuing. for morning coffee. Grateful to feel well and grateful that my family are well. Grateful that my mum is coping well. Grateful to have some flowers to plant. Grateful that I have a garden and fields just over the road to social distance in.Grateful this site is almost fixed. Grateful for all our key workers. Grateful Buttermarsh has not been craving alcohol. I have a similar problem with sugar too, working on cutting it out completely.Grateful to read Numblady's tale about Molly, very amusing and interesting. Grateful Rusty got to have a safe F2F meeting. Grateful Aly managed to make it to the store and grateful she has the same idea on the meaning of a duvet day as myself. Grateful that Anaya's friend is doing well. Grateful for this site and for all of you. xxx
Old 04-27-2020, 05:51 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Crap! Forgot and used quick reply then lost my post. Suffice to say I am grateful for all of you and grateful I had a duvet day yesterday before I even fully appreciated what one was. Have a great Monday all!
Old 04-27-2020, 06:35 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

congratulations on two years des!
grateful for a new week of sober covid adventures
Old 04-27-2020, 08:34 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Grateful to be getting my laundry out of the way early. It is going to be hot this week. Grateful for my blessings and for noticing the little things I take for granted, although this pandemic has been an eye opener.Grateful for a loose schedule this week. I have another couple of stores I should go to this afternoon. We'll see.Grateful for all of you and your posts. I so look forward to seeing you all, esp now. Thank you for being here!
Old 04-27-2020, 05:31 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Thank you, Numblady! I am getting through my anxiety lately with lots of rock painting, hiking and trampoline jumping!
How Aly and Daisy described the duvet day is how I see it too. I need another one this week!
Palmer Sage, good luck with your new job!
Hev, I hope your move is going well!
Grateful this week started much better than last week. Grateful to hear the birds singing so much lately. Grateful for the beautiful heritage oak in the yard. Grateful to be spending more time getting fit and using my weights. Grateful to keep sonny boy motivated with school and finding ways to bribe him to do extra credit projects 😊. Grateful my cute masks arrived. Grateful for each of you.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:33 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Love this poem and wanted to share withÂ
The Peace of Wild ThingsBy Wendell Berry
When despair for the world grows in meand I wake in the night at the least soundin fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,I go and lie down where the wood drakerests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.I come into the peace of wild thingswho do not tax their lives with forethoughtof grief. I come into the presence of still water.And I feel above me the day-blind starswaiting with their light. For a timeI rest in the grace of the world, and am free.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:21 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations on 2 years Deserto Grateful the diarrhoea and sickness bug has left me. So grateful
Grateful I’m sober
Grateful for all of youÂ
Old 04-28-2020, 12:23 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Deserto many congrats on 2 years sober, that is wonderful. I did post separately to you yesterday but it's disappeared into the ether. Keep doing what you're doing, it's working. You're an inspiration. xxx

Grateful to be hangover free this morning and every morning, I don't know how I ever got through the day when I'd been drinking. I am running on about 2 hours sleep today, I was up half the night, just couldn't sleep, I got up and made myself a cup of tea and posted here and there around the board. Once upon a day I'd have drank a bottle of wine and have felt ill all day.

Grateful I printed all the home schooling work off on Sunday for the week.

Grateful that it's going to rain today, the gardens need it, I just hope it knows when to stop.

Grateful I have enough clothes to wear.

Grateful I have enough food in my cupboards and don't need to go to the shops today.

Grateful I am well and my family are too.

Grateful that my former work colleague and friend, Donna, is now out of I.C.U and is on a recovery ward. She went in hospital on her birthday with the virus, bless her and has even been on Sky t.v after trialling a new procedure in our local hospital to use machines normally used for sleep apnoea, the hospital made some adaptations to these machines and they have been very successful.

Grateful, very grateful for our hospitals, all hospital staff and all key workers.

Grateful Numblady had a duvet day.

Grateful for R.Z's sense of humour.

Grateful for that beautiful poem shared by Fearless, I would like to borrow that please for the Spiritual thoughts thread, if you don't mind.

Grateful that Mags is better today and grateful to see her posting. Look after yourself Mags, don't do too much.

Grateful for this thread and all who use it, every one of you. xxx
Old 04-28-2020, 04:01 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:22 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for a productive day yesterday.
Grateful for a quiet, if cluttered and unfinished, home office.
Grateful for the kindness of past and present colleagues.
Grateful for my mom's happiness yesterday.
Grateful for my sweet (and very energetic) dogs.
Grateful that my eating habits were a little better yesterday.
Grateful for another excuse to get in my car and drive today.
Grateful to be sober, and for everyone who is working so hard to upgrade and maintain the site.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:33 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Go, go Deserto! Belated congrats on 2 years!Grateful to try and live with less forethought of grief.Grateful for a day with relatively few meetings.Grateful that in between being a real pill my son did let me work on a mother-son journal with him for a very brief moment. Grateful I took some time to dye my daughter’s hair a temporary shade of blue. Grateful I just remembered not to use quick reply!Grateful for all of you.Â
Old 04-28-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

grateful for the lobster dinner last night
Old 04-28-2020, 09:42 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober.Grateful for air conditioning. It's so hot here lately, although it is rumored we may get some much needed rain one day this weekend. Yay.Grateful for Fearless' lovely poem. Thank you.Grateful for all of you and your uplifting posts. Stay safe.