Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 97

Old 04-15-2020, 07:46 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Grateful for the love I get here....
Grateful for the sunshine and warmer days....
Grateful for all the rain we got to fill our lakes that were so dry....
Grateful for being honest...
Grateful for the walk on the beach ....
Grateful for my two big dogs...as 1 border collie is on his last leg...
Grateful for my siamese kitty who is 17yrs old....
Grateful for the understanding...
Grateful for the Hugs I get....
Grateful for the "stay at home" orders....
Grateful for the kindness all around me...
Grateful for not having to look back at my footprints in the sand....
Old 04-15-2020, 09:10 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Thank you Buttermarsh for your post!♥
Daisy, my sincere condolences. I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care.♥♥♥ Sending prayers.
Rusty, good luck with your new treatment. My prayers are with you.♥
I am so, so grateful for each and everyone of you, esp now. I don't think I'd be up to anything good if I didn't have you all to check in with every day and remind me of all the beautiful reasons we're here.
Love, peace, and health to all.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:45 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Grateful I’m not the only one with hair issues during this time. Lol. Grateful for cute fedora and other types of hats
Deserto, glad you got to camp out
Numblady, I’ve been there before about not expressing myself clearly in a conflict situation with another person. I hate it when I plan exactly what I want to say and it doesn’t happen.
Grateful to think of camping out in our yard too
Palmersage, good luck your last week at your current job
Grateful to catch up on reading your posts. Yesterday was an emotional rollercoaster day. My Dad is really suffering but it’s been very difficult to help him remotely especially since he is refusing more help. I fear the worst that he could die and I won’t see him again before that happens. A friend reminded me you can’t save another person and made me realize I just have to love my dad as much as possible with every conversation knowing it could be the last. Then I got a call from the realtor about the short sale moving ahead. This was good news, of course but still very emotional considering how long a I’ve been dealing with this
Grateful my dementia support group meets virtually tonight
Grateful to watch Call of the Wild with my boys last night. Love Harrison Ford! Actually, my husband sort of looks like him ❤️
Grateful to be highly motivated at work, thinking about my annual goals, and thinking about also linking my personal values and purpose more with my job
Grateful for a good work team, the recognition of the importance of mental health and self care especially during his time
Grateful to revise the supplemental distance learning lesson plan for sonny boy with the support of his teacher. Grateful he is motivated to move ahead
Grateful I will take Daisy’s suggestion and paint some inspirational rocks to thank the healthcare workers in my community
Grateful it’s a new day and a sunshiny day and grateful for each of you
Old 04-15-2020, 09:52 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Oh Fearless, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Special prayers and love to you both. All my love to you both. ♥♥♥
Old 04-15-2020, 01:59 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zip - I hope the treatment goes great. Love you.
Sunpengwn - I'm sorry to hear about your border collie. It's so hard.
Fearless - Prayers for you & your dad. It's obvious you're a kind & loving person. We can only do so much.
Harrison Ford - Always loved him - movie looks so good.
PalmerSage - I dread trying to zip & button stuff.
Grateful for the lovely sun, even though there was a bit of snow this morning.
Grateful that I, too, shut myself up while in mid-whine about nothing important.
Grateful I made it here even though it's far from morning.
Old 04-15-2020, 05:49 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
p***enger

((Fearless)) I'm sorry to hear about your dad.
((Daisy)) condolences to you and your family.

Rusty I hope the new treatment works well with few side effects!

Grateful to stop making sense.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:14 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Magsie

Zippy all the best with your treatment

Fearless for you and your dad

Daisy, difficult times for your husbands cousin, sending hugs and love. ❤️ And backatcha to have a friend in you. ❤️

Love to all, pulling together helps us get through these uncertain times.

Grateful for all of you
Grateful for another day sober.
Grateful for my cuppa coffee
Old 04-16-2020, 01:56 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your condolences and kind words re Mr D.B's cousin.

Fearless, I'm so sorry about your dad, I know how hard it is. I shall keep him and you in my prayers. xx

I hope the treatment goes well Rusty. xx

Grateful to be sober and present this morning.
Grateful to have no desire to drink alcohol.
Grateful for another beautiful, sunny morning.
Grateful to feel well and grateful that my family are all well.
Grateful to have coloured my hair roots last night and they turned out ok, not so grateful though that I spilt some of the mix on the landing carpet and though I washed it straight away I now have a hideous brown splodge just outside the bathroom door!
Grateful for no drama.
Grateful for food in my cupboards, enough clothes to wear and running water.
Grateful for the serenity prayer.
Grateful to each and everyone of you, I'm glad you're all here with me. xx
Old 04-16-2020, 03:01 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Grateful for a warm, sunny day.

Grateful for the grat pack.

Grateful for sobriety and for grace.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:39 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that my Mom's nursing home sent us a nice photo of her smiling face.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:49 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Awwww FBL that brought tears to my eyes. What a kind thing to be able to see the light in her eyes even if you can’t hug her in person.
Daisy, yes I’m very sorry for Mr. DB’s loss.
Fearless, that sounds very draining emotionally. The kind of thing that would have made us feel so entitled to booze it up in the old days. You are doing such a marvelous thing to just love him as best you can and get support for you.
RZ, glad you are starting the new treatment. Hope it is not too hard on you.
Buttermarsh and Sunpengwn, really appreciate your posts. Really appreciate everyone’s posts of course. But this is what I can keep in my brain between reading and writing .
PS glad you got closure with your boss.

Grateful my daughter and I got the tent set up last night. We didn’t actually spend much time in it but will hopefully try tonight to sleep or at least hang out pre-bed time in it.
Grateful for these newfangled tents. This one has integrated poles and you just snap them up. Incredible!
Grateful that even though I am under a mountain of work I made good on my promise to my daughter. My husband was too busy. He had a virtual happy hour in the garage
Grateful I am finding the strength to go read old journals — it is painful because many of the problems I have today are the same problems I’ve had all along, and I haven’t really done anything about them ... yet.
Grateful to have the support of my family as some difficult decisions lie on my horizon and I may need their help.
Grateful for this place and the mods. Grateful for Dee’s never ending insights and willingness to be honest, like in his post about fear on the main board.
Grateful to be clumsily navigating my way toward a more authentic life for me and my kids.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:19 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Grateful that my Border Collie (15 yrs old died during the night) as I woke up at 4 am and he was blocking the door as usual... tried talking to him(skeeter) to move just a bit.......but no movement........

Grateful for Husky (Stormie ...age 5) she knew he had passed during the night...
Grateful for God to walk with dog on the beach (Border Collie)...
Grateful for Peace of mind ....
Grateful for the tears of 3 of us to let it out after dog passed .....
Old 04-16-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee (and the fact that my husband brought it upstairs for me!)
Grateful that I am almost done with my current job (even though I'm in that weird in-between when I feel like I'm already starting my new job).
Grateful to be able to sleep later than usual.
Grateful that I am motivated to exercise.
Grateful for a beautiful and wide-open neighborhood to walk in.
Grateful for some time to reflect on my life.
Grateful to be of service to my ILs again yesterday.
Grateful that I have two pending deliveries that I'm looking forward to receiving.
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for an entire (disorganized, cluttered) floor of my house all to myself. Time to sort it out once and for all...
Very grateful for SR (especially Dee) and this thread.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:01 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

thanks for the support you guys

sorry to hear about pop fearless

grateful treatment one down, a whole schyt load more to go
Old 04-16-2020, 08:45 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

RZ, I hope the treatment went/is going well
Thank you for all the thoughts concerning my Dad. My virtual support group meeting was helpful last night. Grateful for perspective, for possible solutions or at least strategies to help my dad in any way I can and to also help myself mentally, to remind myself each day that I can’t save him (or anyone), and that I am doing enough/my best
Daisy, yikes -sorry about the carpet stain. That has happened to me before. At least I’m sure your hair looks amazing ��
FBL, that is beautiful!
Sunpeng, hearing about your border collie brought tears. It is so hard to lose our beloved pet family members. I hope you are surrounded by love and support
Numblady, I am researching ways to turn the trampoline into a big tent ⛺️. We either need a lot of blankets or a big tent cover for it. Maybe I’ll find something on Amazon. We need to replace the net and other parts too.
I will have to go to main forum to see what Dee is posting. He is always so inspiring
Grateful to be learning so much. This pandemic is affecting my industry in so many unforeseen ways. Grateful to be collaborating and creating strategies for clients
Grateful for people helping people, especially those risking lives to save others. There is a lot of good in this world
Numblady, I like the idea of going back and reading old journals. Important to remember where we came from. For me, it’s a good time to re-read my favorite sobriety books too, like Russell Brands book and One Breath At A Time
Grateful for Annie Grace and Naked Mind
Grateful for each of you
Old 04-16-2020, 10:00 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

FBL, so touching. She has such a nice smile, like yours.♥
Sunpengwn so sorry for the loss of your Border Collie. Thankfully he went in his sleep. Still doesn't lessen the pain. Sending love.♥
Courage, you are in my thoughts and prayers, my dear one.
Grateful for Rusty's optimism and for showing up here everyday, helping us! You are truly a special person.
Grateful for a really lovely day. I got some hair color too and my mom is going to help me apply it. I'm a little scared of that stuff in the regular stores, but hopeful, since Daisy's turned out well! Sans the plop or hair color on the carpet. That stuff doesn't come out of much of anything!
Grateful to hear they opened the beach at Santa Cruz. Maybe it's a sign of good things.
Peace, love and health to all my Grat Pack friends!!!♥♥♥
Old 04-16-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FBL - What a great smile on your mom. Lovely idea - glad they sent it.
Numblady - Tents are such fun. Not sure I could handle the hard ground now, though. (Plus, it's snowing here...)
Sunpengwyn - Your baby was blessed to have a wonderful home with caring people. I know how you feel - it's such a painful time.
Aly - I hope hair turns out good. Great news about the beach.
It's late - it was snowing & windy so we lost internet yet again.
Glad I could stop by and check on everyone.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:14 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

So glad you came by Hev!! Always grateful and a welcome relief to see you!
Haven't done my hair yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Hopefully I don't look like a Pinto pony when I get done! Lol. I'll let you know, fingers crossed. It's not like the Titanic is going down, it's just my hair.
If if doesn't work out, I can shave it. It seems to be kind of a trend. I see these really attractive women taking their hair down to almost a crew cut and tattoos on TV and it's taking off here. They must be doing something right. My neighbor has an almost shaved head, tattoos all over, a cute red headed son and a new boyfriend who is one of the most handsome men I have ever seen and seems quite nice too! Maybe I should shave my head. I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that, but if I get in at the zoo, who is going to care?
Old 04-16-2020, 03:20 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
p***enger

((Sunpeng))

FBL, your mom is a beautiful lady.

Grateful for fond memories of my mother.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:03 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Courage... thanks for the Hugs... you are thoughtful and caring...
Aly.... that is so thoughtful of you ..he was a great family member....
Hev...we will get thru the pain .. as he was taken care of by vet...
Fear.... you are right.. we have the support with the 3 of us.. gave each other support....

Glad to have such caring people here... thanks you all for your wonderful support and Hugs....