Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 84

Old 08-25-2019, 02:13 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Fearless, all my love
All my love to everyone else on this thread! ♥
Grateful for my walk with Luke. It's hot out and I jumped in the shower after we got home. Grateful I have a f/u with my epidural/spine surgeon on Mon. afternoon. He's a good guy.
Grateful Least takes such good care of Billie and her strays. Prayers and blessings to you! You are well loved.♥
Love and peace to everyone here and to anyone the world over who is struggling and needs love and peace too. ♥♥♥
Old 08-25-2019, 04:20 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for my many blessings. Grateful for friends and family, to love and be loved by.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:25 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

the last part of that was supposed to go, "and may they have it". Love and peace to all on this boiling hot day and night. ♥♥♥
Old 08-25-2019, 08:47 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Least, I know how much Jack meant to you. He became special to so many of us here. So glad you have Billie and that she’s still so young
Aly, good luck with your appt tomorrow
Grateful husband steam cleaned the carpet today
Grateful I took a nap
Grateful to play monopoly with husband and son
Grateful it has cooled down tonight
Grateful for the sound of crickets 🦗 and frogs 🐸
Grateful to move on from past hurts and be in the moment
Grateful for each of you
Old 08-26-2019, 05:47 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'm excited to see Ringo Starr tonight, and hopefully get a guitar pick from one of the All-Starr's! Grateful this will be my last night as manager though, I'm ready to be a regular old employee again.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:18 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for a good day
Grateful I’ve put cooling pads in bed to keep it nice and cool, hopefully.
Grateful for everyone here, sending love and prayers for everyone xx
Grateful for another sober day.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:18 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I missed posting here last night, I actually fell asleep whilst posting on another thread and got sent to bed, sober of course.

Todd Rundgren is amazing, very talented and I'm really happy I mentioned him the other night. I'm glad so many of you think the same.

Thank you for your prayers for my step g.daughter Aly, all prayers are gratefully received. Her husband, pfft, he isn't her husband, he's her on/off boyfriend and that means on/off when it suits him. She's only just 21, he's 38 now, she has 3 children by him aged 4, 3 and the new baby, she was 16 the first time she got pregnant and left school with no qualifications. He has other children with young girls and these children are very similar in age!! That's what kind of man he is. He is very controlling, he left her for a while and she was doing so well, she started college doing a beauty and nails course and got herself a couple of certificates with the idea of working for herself and building up her own business eventually , then he came back on the scene. The eldest child starts school this September and the middle one starts pre school, she would have had some time to concentrate on her college work but he soon put a stop to that. He has really isolated her, there's so so much I could say but I'd be here all night. I think he's a Narcissist. Prayers for her are needed.
Tomorrow she is back at the hospital for another MRI scan, fingers and everything crossed that she won't need surgery.

Suki, Todd at Daryl's house is exactly what Mr D.B had on. Thank you for the link.

Big hugs Fearless, I hope today has been a much better day for you.

Least, I'm sure Billie will have a long and happy life with all the love and care she gets from you. xx

Grateful to be going to bed sober again.
Grateful to be tired through being productive and working hard in the garden, it's a good kind of tired, much better than the tired that came out of a wine bottle.
Grateful for a beautiful sunshiny day.
Grateful to buy two half price thermal tops in the sale, even though the weather is baking hot at the moment, I know I will be wearing them in a couple of months. I don't function well in the cold.
Grateful for a drama free Bank Holiday weekend.
Grateful that my home town won the rugby challenge cup on Saturday.
Grateful that the 3 day music festival 6 miles away from where I live finished today and I don't have to listen to the boom, boom, boom music for another 12 months.
Grateful Suki got her hat trick and here's hoping for many more.
Grateful also for the sick man prayer, serenity prayer and just for today.
Grateful Astro will get to see Ringo Starr performing. Enjoy. I look forward to reading all about it.
Grateful for each and every one of you, for your empathy and support.

Aly, I hope your appointment went well this afternoon. Thinking about you.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:26 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Grateful for the simple pleasure of hanging out by the waterfall and watching people/dogs play.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:47 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Billie ate all her supper and we had a productive walk afterward.

Grateful there are so many Todd Rundgren fans here. When I lived in NYC, I lived across the street from him, altho I didn't know it til I'd moved back to Ohio. Had I known when I lived there, I would have been ringing his doorbell.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:48 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I just lost a really good post! Darn it, lol! Oh well. So Sorry. Love you all so much. I mentioned all of you in my last email, so, I love everyone one of you so much!!!! Your thoughtfulness is amazing. (((Fearless))) You seem like you may be a bit down or maybe burnt out or just plain sad. I hope you're feeling better soon. Sending good vibes. Seems to me that you have the right sometimes. You have a tough nut to crack, sorry, I couldn't think of a better metaphor, it is sent with love.
Oh Daisy, grateful you seem to be making it through the really difficult situation with your great g, daughter. Major prayers to her and her babies and that she gets better soon. Praying that in God's time she'll see what she really has married and she'll need all the support she can get. He sounds very difficult. Thinking of you and she often ♥♥♥
Least, Astro, and Mags, you are are such loves and I am so very grateful you are here and posting. Love and thanks to you all! Grateful for our Grat Pack and the kind and wonderfully supportive posts here. Peace and love to all, esp anyone who is struggling or suffering tonight. ♥♥♥
Old 08-26-2019, 08:04 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

A little envious here, Astro. Have fun!
Wow, Daisy! That’s quite an awful situation with your step g daughter and I will send continued prayers and good vibes. I live near an annual music festival too and I feel the same
Thank you for all your kind thoughts. Aly, you are right. I was in a very sad mood. It was one of the worst weekends in a long time. I’m grateful that for today and the moment, things seem back to normal (normal for us in the fearless house
I’m so sorry you lost your post, Aly. Drives me nuts when that happened.

Grateful for my first dairy free day in a long time. Hoping it will improve some things. Grateful to discover Naked Vanilla ice cream at Whole Foods, and it’s good!
Grateful for the cuteness of my cats, how they are laying ying and yang
Grateful for guitar and piano music in the house
Grateful sonny boy was so excited about Pascals Triangle and talked about it all the way home from school. When I told him how impressed I am with his being able to rattle off big calculations in his head, he said he attributes this to me letting him download Talking Tom Cat on my phone when he was three, and thanked me for that. He said Talking Tom borrowed the 2048 game, and that made him good at math. Grateful to have such a good laugh from this
Grateful for each one of you
Old 08-26-2019, 08:52 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Fearless, tell Sonny Boy that I envy him his ability at math. I fail miserably at math. Even tho I'm a big fan of Mr Spock and his 'logic'.

Today, on this National Dog Day, I want to express my gratitude to my sweet old man, who loved me non stop for well over 8 yrs. I miss you Jack.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:03 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
(((Daisy))) as I mentioned before your step-granddaughter reminds me so much of my stepdaughter. I am thankful that they are determined women and do their absolute best to take care of their children. We hold them in our prayers all the time and do all we can to support and lift them up.

I'm grateful I was present during the sound check last night. It was very nostalgic to watch Ringo at his drum set and to witness so much talent among the All-Stars. In a few weeks Steve Lukather will be back with Toto, that's going to be another fun show to be present for!
Old 08-27-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Wow Least and if I knew that Todd Rundgren lived across the street from you, I'd be knocking on his door with you. I love how so many of us here enjoy the same music.

Thank you for your kind words and prayers Aly, your support means more than you could ever know. xx

Thank you for your prayers and good vibes Fearless, they are very appreciated.

Thank you very much for your understanding Astro, it means a lot to know that I'm not alone with this. I am thankful too that they are such strong women and excellent mothers.

Hugs (( )) Least, your Jack was a very handsome chap indeed. xx

Grateful to be sober and present tonight.
Grateful to have a comfortable bed with clean sheets to go to.
Grateful to you all for your empathy and love.

Sorry that's short but I really need to go to bed now, I'm struggling to stay awake. Nite nite. xxxx
Old 08-27-2019, 05:14 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Oh Daisy! You are such a love and always on my mind!♥
(((Fearless))) holding you close!♥
Grateful that after my CBT group, I came home and rested. I really wanted to fall asleep but it wouldn't happen.
Grateful for all of my blessings including my mom.
Grateful for all of you!
Peace and love to anyone struggling or suffering this evening. ♥♥♥
Old 08-27-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a good day with Billie. Grateful for her love.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:39 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Grateful that dreaded EMG test is over!
Grateful my beautiful daughter and I had a delicious lunch afterward at Pappadeaux.
Grateful I don't have to get up to an alarm tomorrow.
Grateful for my two sweet doggos who love me unconditionally.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:50 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Least, Jack was such a beautiful boy! Love that pic of him!
Sounds amazing, Astro!
Aly, I am glad for your cbt group and that you are close with your mom
Suki, glad you got the emg test done
Hoping Rose is good. Miss her lively posts.

Grateful that my meeting today got changed to a conference call because of traffic and I avoided over 3 hours on the road
Grateful that the stupid thing I did today was not drinking alcohol, and also grateful the stupid thing did not result in a worse outcome
Grateful for self compassion, and to laugh at myself a little too
Grateful to take my son to his guitar lesson and stay to listen
Grateful to spend a little time on the main forum. Sometimes it gets me down seeing others caught in the cycle, and also what some folks go through. I’ve been through a lot, but there are worse stories out there. Grateful to have become stronger through adversity, to be ok in this moment, and to know that whatever the future holds, I’ll get through it sober.
Grateful to be inspired by my dad, who has gone through so many struggles in life, but was never a drinker. He has a strong faith in God. Old age and dementia is increasingly hitting him, but he is keeping a relatively upbeat attitude and has his faith
Grateful for all of you
Grateful to be going to bed sober soon
Old 08-27-2019, 07:51 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams, Daisy 💤 🥰
Old 08-27-2019, 08:28 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Grateful for more chances. Grateful for a day to myself tomorrow.