Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 84

Old 08-28-2019, 06:04 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful for a good amount of sleep. AC that works, and the possibility of thunderstorms today. We've had a hot dry summer, bring on the rain!
Old 08-28-2019, 12:02 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober
Grateful for a pleasent day ending with a beautiful sunset
Grateful for people who fight opression and protect the weak
Grateful for peace

Last edited by Austerities; 08-28-2019 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-28-2019, 04:17 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober again tonight.
Grateful for a day at Chester Zoo with my favourite little people.
Grateful for laughter and love.
Grateful the g.kiddo's hid some of our painted pebbles and some have been found and already posted on F.B and re-hidden.
Grateful to be home again, bathed and in my p.j's.
Grateful for a good cup of tea.
Grateful Suki's EMG test is over and done with.
Grateful to read of Fearless's inspiration from her dad especially as Dementia is a disease that is very close to my heart.
Grateful to have time to post here.
Grateful for this thread.
Grateful for each and every one of you.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:26 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for another day with my beagirl Billie. Grateful for good dog walking weather.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Astro, that’s one thing we don’t get much of here is thunderstorms, at least not in the Summer. I love a good thunder and lightening show!
Daisy, glad you had fun at the zoo

Grateful I realized today I’ve taken some things for granted, like all the simple basic things in life. Grateful for my home, AC, fresh clean water, availability of food at so many stores, my kitchen, the natural beauty surrounding where I live, my job, health, family and friends, technology
Grateful for Deepak Chopra meditations
Grateful to stay calm today. A teenage girl backed into my car in a parking lot. I was inside the store when this happened, and she waited for me to come outside to tell me. She was hysterical and sobbing. Grateful I could console her and tell her it will be ok, it could have been much worse, and to thank her for her honesty as that is the most important thing
Grateful for insurance
Grateful for perspective that age and experience has given me
Grateful to be valued at work
Grateful sonny boy has been extra affectionate - three “I love you s” in two days for no reason (not that I’m counting
Grateful sonny boy won at Monopoly. He said he’d let me and dad live in one of his fancy homes for free. He also said if he makes a lot of money someday, he’ll give us a house in real life too if we need it. Hopefully, the retirement plans are sufficient. But I’m grateful for a backup plan
Grateful to be sticking to dairy free and doing fine
Grateful for the dairy free feta I found. It really does taste similar
Grateful for a nice walk today
Grateful for a shift in the weather and cooler temps
Grateful for each of you
Old 08-28-2019, 08:58 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Grateful to end another day sober.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:16 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Magsie

Dairy free feta Daisy....really, I must look for some...wonder if they have dairy free Brie too

I’m overwhelmed by how much kindness and love and concern showing on this thread.

Least gorgeous beautiful photo of Jack ❤️

Grateful for each and every one of you, my prayers go out to all of you that through all our trials and tribulations in life we are steadfast in our sobriety.

Love to all the Grats xx
Old 08-29-2019, 06:03 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
Astro, that’s one thing we don’t get much of here is thunderstorms, at least not in the Summer. I love a good thunder and lightening show!
That was a whopper of a storm, moved in fast with lots of wind, thunder, and lightning. Made quite a mess but that's OK, it's worth it to get the moisture! Grateful we have a solid roof over our heads to keep us dry.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:54 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful Daisy mentioned dairy free cheese
Grateful my supermarket stocks dairy free Brie
Grateful for another day sober
Grateful I’ve managed to post before I go to sleep
Grateful for all of you.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Grateful to go to a dog handling class at ARF tonight from 5-7, so I won't get home too late and I think I am going against traffic, if there is such a thing here anymore ! I guess a sign I'm getting older, I don't really like being out late much any more. It's probably just me, I hope. I can't be getting older!
Daisy, I watch a show, when it's on about the Chester Zoo. I guess it's quite something. They have a lot of very endangered animals there and have a very sophisticated breeding program for our lovely, endangered animals.
Astro, I haven't seen a storm like that since Chicago summers and once when I was in New Mexico. They are quite a force of nature and can be lovely.
Grateful so much for all of you. Mags, I hope your breathing is better. Asthma is such a difficult thing, esp for those who have it so badly. My good energy to you, my love. Love and Peace to all of you, my favorite peeps, and to anyone struggling or suffering in anyway tonight. ♥♥♥
Fearless and Daisy, thank you for my elephants this morning!! It made my day! ♥♥♥
Old 08-29-2019, 07:04 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful the deli made me two of my favorite sandwiches the way I like them. Grateful for another day with my beagirl Billie.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:24 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Oh, geez, Astro. Sorry to hear that. But glad you are ok. I only like those kind of storms when they look pretty and cause no damage.
Aly, so glad you love elephants. They are beautiful creatures. I’m sure they have some bold meaning? I’ll have to google that. I know what you mean about the traffic and not wanting to stay out late. Yes, we are dating ourselves. But 50 is the new 30!
Mags, it was me who mentioned the dairy free feta. I think my posts must be confusing because I often mention Daisy more than once in my posts. I refer to both our Daisy here, and to my little cat Daisy
I MUST find dairy free Brie!
Grateful I felt really good all day today. Still too soon to tell if it’s because I’m doing dairy free, but I’ll take it!
Grateful for all the things we have in common here despite being in different parts of the world
Grateful for blogs and websites people have started about recovery. I found Hip Sobriety and MantrasandMocktails today and was inspired reading them
Grateful that while my emotional sobriety is always a work in progress, I have no interest in the drinking life. I feel triggered less and less - pretty rare now actually - even in situations that used to trigger me (mostly involving sonny boy) and so grateful for that
So grateful my uncle said a long time ago “if you have no other religion, make it gratitude”
Grateful I found you all
Old 08-29-2019, 09:12 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good swim this evening.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:28 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fearless thankyou for mentioning dairy free cheese, it’s gone on my shopping list...I’ll let you know what the Brie is like. I love Brie. I’m easily confused so with our wonderful Daisy here and your gorgeous puddy cat Daisy, well my brain gets confused

Hope and pray anyone near storm Dorian keeps safe.

Love to all xx
Old 08-30-2019, 06:04 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for a few days free of work so I can get chores done around the house and relax with my beautiful wife.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Grateful for candy, coke zero and compliments
And for the weekend, may it be good for everyone
Old 08-30-2019, 04:05 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Fearless, thank you for your meaningful, lovely post. You often have a wit that is so clever. Not to mention, grateful we are friends!! No wonder where your son gets his smarts from!!
Grateful that I went to my class at ARF last night. I am not sure I want to be in the section that handles dogs. There are so many contagious things that I can bring home, seems ringworm is very common. I don't want to bring anything home to Luke. If you have a dog, you have to completely change your clothes before you go home to your dog, likely shower, etc. I talked to my vet and she said with an older dog at home, she didn't really recommend it, because of contagious stuff. There are plenty of things I can do.
Grateful for all of your posts and every single one of you means the world to my. Peace and Love to anyone struggling or suffering in any way. ♥♥♥
Have a wonderful eve. My mom and I are going out tonight. Two nights in a row out after dark!
Old 08-30-2019, 09:12 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Aly, that is a tough one with Luke. I’ve never had dogs so never have to think about this stuff. It’s great we can talk to our vets. Grateful for them. Have fun with your mom!
Grateful to have gone out to dinner and to be home now. Went out with a friend who is a recovered alcoholic (30 years!) and is also bipolar. She has inspired me and I love her dearly but find her very hard to be around when she has gone off her medication. She got mad at the cook and server at the restaurant, became agitated and irrational, and it was embarrassing! Maybe I’ll ask if she’s back on medication before going out again 😊
Grateful to be enjoying a beautiful evening out on the patio. No wind tonight! Grateful for the crickets and frogs
Grateful husband and son are enjoying a boys movie night
Grateful for the spa day I have planned tomorrow
Grateful for each one of you and for being here
Old 08-31-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
My mom and I are going out tonight. Two nights in a row out after dark!
Geez Aly settle down there! Lol Have fun!

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
Went out with a friend who is a recovered alcoholic (30 years!) and is also bipolar. She has inspired me and I love her dearly but find her very hard to be around when she has gone off her medication. She got mad at the cook and server at the restaurant, became agitated and irrational, and it was embarrassing! Maybe I’ll ask if she’s back on medication before going out again 😊
Oh no!! I hope your next outing with her is a little less eventful, Fearless

Woke up this morning to ants all over the kitchen counter, the rains bring them above ground and they find cracks to get in. I'm grateful for bug spray, patience, and the skills to find their entry and fill it with sealant!
Old 08-31-2019, 06:12 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for another day above ground.