Notices

Animals We Love Grats part 2

Old 04-18-2011, 06:10 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Actually, the dogs are afraid of Riley. Riley is big and when Riley arches his back and his long hair is standing on end . . . OMG . . . I even shiver. He hissed at me last night, but today he's been purring with me. I guess time is the answer and Sneezy, that baby gate could have helped. We are just going with it now.

Found a dog rescue that rescues chained and penned dogs. They have great success in actually getting owners to voluntarily surrender their dogs. I emailed them to get more info. If we stayed in this area I would consider being a foster parent, but not for a few months with Riley and all. Something else to put in my head and think on.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:13 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Tyson is still hanging in there with his nine lives, thanks for your thoughts and prayers. He doesn't have a tumor but could have cancer. However, the procedure to determine that is pretty invasive, not 100% accurate, and they couldn't do anything anyway. So the good news is he's reacting great to his insulin, he can continue to live a good life, and my daughter doesn't have to make a decision right now that would break her heart.

Horselover...Riley is a beautiful cat...I hope he adjusts soon to his new home.

Sneezy....love your new Avatar!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Cool

Least I just checked out the new puppies two of them were just sucking away on MOMMA as she just layed there probably thinking okay hurry up now. Thanks for posting the link.

I was told by the humane society when I brought Princess home and I had Angel & Sky (two other kitties) to keep them apart and slowly introduce them and let them check each other out. Now my friends all told me to just leave them alone and they would figure it out the way animals do in their animal world so I decided to do that and although it was pretty scary noone ate or disfigured anyone it all worked out. I think it worse for me then them lol Good luck
Old 04-19-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Grateful to read about the love all of you share for furry friends and family members.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Riley update - Riley slept at my head last night on my pillow, Milo (the other cat) slept beside me under the covers, Mags slept on the end of our bed and Matilda slept on dog bed just below me. One happy big family, EXCEPT Riley does not dig the dogs during the day yet. He thinks their excitement is about going after him. We have a bit of trust issues to conquer as of yet.

MI - Praying for your Tyson. Sending you and daughter lots of love. The hardest part of having these lovely souls in our lives are when they are sick or we have to say goodbye. I've done both many times and keep asking more to come into my life. I guess the good they bring far outweighs these bad times, but it still hurts.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:09 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

we all hang together on my bed too...right now Slim and Fandy are making hair on the tablecloth of the kitchen....Fandy is being Mr. Pushy and Slim is NOT amused....the dog is on his pillow bed and i am here checking in before i prep and marinate my chix. wings for easter appetizers. I thought i would prep them, marinate in the caesar dressing and pop them in the freezer until i cook them sunday am.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:02 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Easter is a beautiful holiday one of my favorites
Old 04-20-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Today the youngest cat was very busy....chasing all of the fur toys and depositing them in a box (that is holding bathroom tile samples sitting in the dining room)...he seemed to give each one a good chase and flip then deposited in the box...he seemed quite pleased and followed me into the bathroom to watch me wash my face..I always give him a pet with the wet washcloth for static reasons...now he waits for his "beauty treatment"...

Fandy was scolding the 4 deer outside that were snacking on the lilac bush..you could hear him chittering.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

My furry daughter got kicked by a horse... she wouldn't get up right away. We picked her up and gave her a warm bath and it seems she isn't limping, but I think more in shock. It is just horrible to see her so scared.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:29 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I once had a very large male Akita and a very nosy Maine Coon...at one point I came home to a very upset cat that i raced to the vet for an exam...who could find nothing wrong with him...the cat spent 2 days laying inside my closet on a blanket..I finally found a puncture type of scab on his neck...I can only ascertain that he pulled his "trick" of biting the dog's ears while the dog was sleeping and the dog stepped on his neck, traumatizing him.

(all this happened while I was at work, i came home to find the cat shaking in the kitchen sink).
Old 04-20-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Happiest Sheep in the World

Old 04-20-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Looking forward to spending 8 hours with my canine bed warmers.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Lamb chops for dinner!!!

Sneezy's new avatar...."just the right amount of wrong"...like the commercial for the new Vegas hotel, (the one with the pantless waiters)Cosmopolitan.

i am NOT putting bunny ears on Pookie!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:48 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

My new Pet is a brown bear sitting on my pillow
Old 04-22-2011, 04:35 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

My little furry daughter continued to have seizures last night and early this morning - she is pacing the floor like crazy, she does this after having them.

I just feel so sad for her, but it really doesn't seem to bother her, by this I mean after she comes out of one she is happy, eating - I gave her a cup of homemade vegetable soup with her medicine in it and he gulped it down drinks lots of water.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:44 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

hope everyone and their pets have a good day and lots of relaxing on this holiday!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Talking The wet cat

Okay so I tried to download this picture of a cat who was in the ***** news who swam from NJ to NY and they were saying how this cat wanted to get outta NJ. It was a cute article and even a nicer looking kitty. I uploaded it but I am not sure where the attachment went?

OOps never mind there it is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cat.jpg (52.5 KB, 36 views)
Old 04-22-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

What a cute little guy! Thanks for sharing his pic with us.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Don't know how many of you are keeping up with the Eagle Cam out of Norfolk. Virginia, but yesterday, they banded the baby eaglets. I have a few pics, and of course, I added captions.

First pic is of the eaglets when they see their first human (Julian) climbing the tree to get them:

WTF is that???

It's gonna touch me!!!!!!!!!!

You say you're gonna do WHAT???

What are you gonna do with THAT??

That wasn't such a big deal. I wasn't scared. See my new bling?!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Awww, they are so cute, and your captions are perfect

Suki!

Newb, the wet kitty is beautiful!