Notices

Animals We Love Grats

Old 03-16-2011, 08:08 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
On my way....

Thank you Fandy for pointing this area out....now this is one place I can gush about my life....my babies make my life so happy. )))

Me and my Riley at her first obedience class three weeks ago.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Riley is the name of my elderly beagirl!! What a beautiful pup!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:02 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

to all of you who posted pictures

Glad to hear that Nikko is doing better

Nite Nite
Old 03-18-2011, 05:53 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Grateful for my three goldens, Scout, Bailey, and Jake. Grateful that they have always loved me drunk or sober. As I was writing this, Jake came up to me and gave me a little kiss. Makes me want to cry.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  
On my way....

MiBluebird, Goldens are totally awesome.....is that one of yours in your avatar...he/she is so beautiful!

I'm grateful that my dogs give me an extra incentive to remain sober, I've been bad about walking my dog daily, well since getting sober she's now getting 1/2 walks a day, I know she's loving it.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

@Horselover: No, I don't have any pets right now. My living arrangements haven't allowed me to do that. I plan on it soon though.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

FYI when I moved I moved into a place that had no pets and I had 3 cats. It was the hardest thing I had to go through but I gave two of my babies away and for the life of me I couldn't get rid of Princess.

After a lot of investigating I found out about service animals and my Dr filled out paperwork stating that my cat was needed for my depression & anxiety.

So I have Princess but my landlord whacked me w/a $400.00 non-refundable fee guess he figured I wouldn't be able to pay it?

:rotfxko Wrong I paid it. So I hope this helps anyone who might want there beloved pet to stay or to get one. Although I must add every state is different w/their laws? If anyone needs help let me know
Old 03-18-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thumbs up

I am so happy today I could burst. I just took all three dogs to the vet (they have an inexpensive groomer on staff) for a nail trim. AFter Nikko was done my vet did a (no charge) pressure test on his bad eye... and the pressure was down!! The meds are helping!! I am truly blessed.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:50 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Rachel...Thank you, my avatar is one of my goldens, Jake. My dogs have forgotten what a walk is like, they gaze longingly at their leashes when I let them out to go to the bathroom. I belong to a dog park that is 23 acres, has a pond to swim in, and they can walk unleashed. I'm finally feeling good and starting to get motivated again so we will be spending lots of time there from now on! So grateful for that and they will be too! Here's Jake the last time we were there....
Old 03-18-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

MIB, here's a good Herriot dog story - my favorite - about Goldens. Short story, starts out sad but ends up happy.

James Herriot's Dog Stories - Google Books
Old 03-18-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Hey Least...I would have done their nails for free...glad to hear the pressure was down...does he have cataracts?

I just did this sweet little girl today. So fun!

Old 03-18-2011, 07:30 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  
On my way....

MIB - Your Golden boy, Jake, is so beautiful. I'm so excited to see Riley get that long coat, her tail is starting to get longer fur....she's still young....when does it really start coming in?

Originally Posted by least View Post
MIB, here's a good Herriot dog story - my favorite - about Goldens. Short story, starts out sad but ends up happy.

James Herriot's Dog Stories - Google Books
What a heartwarming story, had me in tears...happy tears. What a lucky dog Roy is. Glad to hear your pup is doing better, and how nice is your vet?!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good news this morning! Nikko's bad cataract is grey again, not red from bleeding. I've been restricting his exercise and it seems to be helping. I'm ecstatically happy today.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
On my way....

I am really happy to hear that, least.....it's heartbreaking to watch our babies suffer. I hope he keeps on improving!
Old 03-19-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Rachel, Jake started getting longer hair at about 9 months...he ate the hair off of his tail for most of the first year and it's just starting to grow back...silly dog. Least, I'm glad to hear that Nikko is doing better....vets are amazing people. We took Bailey, my two year old, to the vet today. He is a very nervous and sensitive dog (I think he has anxiety attacks just like me). After trying to corner him to draw his blood without any success they thought they would do better to take him away from us and he did fine. Reminded me of when my kids were little...I must make my kids and dogs neurotic. Anyway, here's Bailey...love them all but I got him when I lived alone in an apartment and he's very special to me. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend...the sun is shining in Michigan and that makes me happy.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Least...thanks for the link to the story...I'll definitely read it!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dogs are wonderful.... and silly. Jack is busy chewing on an old catnip sock. Don't know if he likes the smell or just the chewing. Silly boy.

MIB, the Herriot story is short but powerful. My favorite dog story, always makes me feel good.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

MIB...your photos are gorgeous! I'm also wondering about this 23 acre dog park, since we are both in Michigan...(I'm in SE MI.)

I take my dogs to run off-leash at a couple of different places early in the morning when there's nobody about but they actually have leash laws although park rangers turn a blind eye, and I always carry poop bags and clean up. I'm almost always the only person there early; if anyone else is there I keep the dogs leashed (and they get very sad about not being able to run because they expect it!)

Emerald, you're a groomer?

least - so happy to hear about Nikko!!!

I love that the piles of snow have finally melted...I've been cleaning up the back yard and finding fossilized poop that was snowed and frozen over. But damn, the mud! Ugh! Five dogs tracking mud into the house....the mudroom floor is absolutely disgusting. I keep cleaning it, like daily, but it's gross.

This is a new-to-me house and if I can afford it (it was a fixer-upper so I have a million projects) is to put a covered deck on the back, like I had at my last house. Right now the dogs come right out of the squelchy, muddy yard up a few concrete steps into the appropriately-named mud room.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:36 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Bye Bye winter hello Spring

Nikko is doing better

Nite Nite
Old 03-20-2011, 04:15 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Stevie - the photos were taken by a woman at the dog park who donated the money to Golden Retriever Rescue (she has three golden rescues of her own). She only charged $20 and as you can see, the photos are amazing! The park is in Kalamazoo, MI and it's such a great place. Here is the link:

Meadow Run Park - Home

Happy Sunday everyone. Thanks for letting me share my love for my dogs here!