Notices

Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

****{s}}}
Old 10-03-2010, 12:38 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone and please don't worry about me. I am going through that typical Fall, falling feeling. Getting through it though. This would have been a heavy time of drinking for me before I got sober. Seasons really do effect me and I would guess some others as well. I know my sisters fight it and the really ironic thing is Fall is my favorite season. How screwed up is that!!

Well I will try to get back into the swing of things. Didn't mean to worry anyone. Love you all and love your caring hearts.

1. Grateful for all the wonderful and I mean wonderful people around this place.

2. Grateful for the compassion that just flows so easily from you all.

3. Grateful that the hail storm last night didn't wreck my van. A lot of other people had broken windshields and lots of other damage. Glad I was spared for whatever reason. Worst hail storm my Mom (of 70 years) has ever seen and needless to say, that I had ever seen either.

4. Grateful to realize how much more powerful the forces to be are and how insignificant they can make you feel at times.

5. Grateful that moods pass just like urges in the beginning of becoming sober.

6. Grateful to surrender.

7. Grateful for believing in God and being able to pray when the need arises.

8. Grateful for a lazy day today.

9. Grateful for being able to escape to my Mom's for a couple of days.

10. Grateful to have my Mom still in my life.

11. Grateful to have my son and husband in my life.

12. Grateful to have my awesome friends here in my life or at least cyberly in my life.

One thing you can count on is that I will never just "poof" disappear. I hate it when others do that and so I won't. Hugs - Sarah
Old 10-03-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

i hate to get up in the dark every morning and come home from work in the dark. i feel worse in the winter than good warm weather.

i've made my kitchen as cheaply pretty as possible with a new tablecloth, runner, clean and leave my netbook on the table some mornings (like the paper)...I turn on my TV (i have a small 17 inch HP for the kitchen)...set up my coffee and have a good view..(i need to clean the windows)....i keep my decorating magazines near by to try some planning. i save ads from the paper for my appliances i want to replace so i know what they look like. i baked this AM, my whole house smelled like chocolate cake.

little things like this help me get through the dreaded dark seasons. i hate the holidays because i am by myself...(and I was born on the darkest day of the year to boot).
Old 10-03-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Good to have you back HL

This Sunday I am grateful for:

1. Feeling better - this bleeping cold nearly did me in! The runny nose from hell and sore scratchy throat - now going away (thank you God!)

2. An exquisite day - blue sky, cool air and warm sun, breeze. My dog is so frisky in this kind of weather.

3. My mom. Still a mom in her eighties, and I feel so lucky to still have her.

4. Old movies - it's one of my healthy addictions

5. Learning about the physiology of stress and how it wreaks havoc on our bodies if we allow it to stay turned on too long. I'm really trying to live by the serenity prayer. And not to be so sensitive (it's not all about me).

6. A nice quiet weekend with lots of rest and dog walks.

7. Not getting too freaked out about a presentation I have to make soon. (well, this is still a work in progress) Trying to get my ego out of the way.

8. Lots of good restorative sleep.

9. Homemade chicken vegetable soup.

10. God's love and care.

11. SR and the compassion and fun that gets shared around here.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

S
Old 10-04-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

I am grateful this Monday for many things and just a few off the top of my head are -

1. Getting the house cleaned, laundry done, and clothes ironed.

2. Having prepared chili earlier in the day and now I just have to heat it up.

3. Getting through son's homework and the Monday folder with tons of parent homework.

4. All the education he is receiving and how much he has learned in just over 2 months. Amazing!

5. Moving forward and pushing mood aside or at least for today.

6. Trying to become a better person.

7. God and strong faith.

8. Husband and son.

9. Beautiful dogs and cat.

10. Computer and electricity to power computer and internet.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

monday grats:

1. inner strength

2. patience

3. keeping my mouth shut

4. keeping my opinions to myself and just being nice...i can think whatever I want, but i do not necessarily have to voice it...especially if I am feeling cynical...(that is what the whiners thread is for).

5. grateful to practice deep breathing for relaxing...and turning off the stress (or trying to).

6. Rule #62...and letting go...(or trying to)

7. not having to address anything I don't want to...there is no "rule" that says i have to respond to anything if I'm not ready...it's MY CALL...grateful to feel secure enough to do that.

8. grateful for new thoughts and a new way of dealing with circumstances besides looking in the wine bottle for relief.

9. Time is on my side (just like Mick Jagger says and look at him! he should hav skipped the Botox, ya think)?

10, grateful for greatly improved physical and mental health, my loving pets and my home.

11. my hair is growing back, not falling out.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful for:

1. Actually posting my ten grats two days in a row!!!!! You daily posters are my inspiration!

2. Not worrying too much about things - just trying to do what I can without getting crazy about it.

3. Gorgeous blue sky, just a few clouds, warm sun, my crazy dog stalking squirrels and ducks (though that's not crazy in a dog's world!), twice around the lake ... heaven

4. Losing 3 lbs this week, despite cheating with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream

5. Good talk tonight with my brother, who I love very very much

6. 72-hours colds. If I've gotta have a cold, make it a 3-day one - I'm almost back to normal!

7. My friend who lost his job several months ago is working some part-time ones and patching things together pretty well

8. God's love and care for people all over the world who are hurting and in need

9. A beloved teacher who passed away this week - such a shining light in this world

10. The incredible people here at SR!!!

Gnite everyone
Old 10-05-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Grateful this day for -

1. My son that never stops inspiring me to become a better person.

2. My husband that I can't imagine my life without.

3. Good health. Glad you are feeling better too Sneezy. Being sick just isn't fun.

4. Realizing that friendship is sometimes a temporary thing and sometimes you just have to move on to the next chapter.

5. Having experienced the peaks and the valleys in life. Learning to deal with the contrasts and realize its necessary.

6. A cloudy and cool Fall day today. Having a chance to read outside before the rain started.

7. Being able to say yes to going on a school field trip with son and having him high 5 me when I said I was going. It will be fun. Aquarium and Botanical Gardens and a bunch of inquisitive 7 and 8 year olds.

8. Having become a mom almost 8 years ago. Didn't see that as a possibility at one point in my life. Glad our life is anything but predictable.

9. Our pretty spider nearing the end of her days I am afraid. We have enjoyed watching her life. Just had babies and I believe she will now pass on. That's what I have read about her anyways. Didn't know how she would winter and so problem solved I guess.

10. The wonder of God's miracles.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:17 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Wednesday night grats:

1. grateful to have an uneventful day at work

2. grateful for a quiet peaceful evening, tea and pets...the kitchen window open for some fresh air.

3. rule #62...it should be posted in public restrooms and waiting areas so everyone would get the idea.

4. grateful to be tired and hoping for a good restful sleep....i was up be4 5AM.

5. grateful to be ME for a change.....i really don't dislike myself as I used to....self-loathing is very stressful too.

6. grateful to feel more peaceful about circumstances that i do not control....what happens, will happen anyway.,,I do not have to be in high gear all the time.

7. patience and deep breathing.

8. being organized and thorough at work....I am really very good at my job.

9. grateful that I want to exercise and look forward to it.
10. grateful for honey vanilla chamomile tea...adding to that relaxing scheme for the evening.

(now we are getting closer to a new thread...maybe for the weekend)!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

rule #62...it should be posted in public restrooms and waiting areas so everyone would get the idea.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:02 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
3. rule #62...it should be posted in public restrooms and waiting areas so everyone would get the idea.
Amen, here here, I second that one!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:03 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

LOL RZ, you and I quoted Fandy about Rule 62 at the very same time!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:03 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Grateful this Wednesday for -

1. Getting my head on straight.

2. Calling the school to extend some further volunteer help. Its why I'm home.

3. Developing more of a purpose to my life.

4. My son and husband.

5. My animals.

6. My home and comfort it provides.

7. The modern conveniences I take for granted - laundry facilities in the home (no longer a college kid going to the laundry mat or worse yet back in the day before washers and dryers), indoor kitchens, coffee pots that have programmable timers . . . You get the picture. Been thinking a lot about the conveniences of today.

8. Still trying and not giving up on making my ego more of a background thing. It causes so much frustration and despair when its not in the background. Trying to live more in spirit.

9. God's love and faith in me and my love and faith in Him.

10. Being sober and the miracle that was and is.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:44 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

as to modern appliances...i agree! i cannot live without my microwave, Kuerig, dishwasher!
Old 10-07-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Thursday night grats:

1. grateful to be here and posting here instead of my old ways...I no longer feel the need to think about booze so much...it's not front and center anymore...out of sight? never, it's everywhere..but out of MY mind..which is fine with me...ODAAT.

2. today was good. I fixed my minor problems and dealt with everything logically, another perk of sobriety.

3. thankful for a normal sleeping pattern...it is so wonderful not to be walking the floors all night and trying to drink myself to sleep and waking up 2 hours later for work.

4. grateful for being able to get daily exercise...maybe I can catch up with my 72 year old neighbor who is recovering from ovarian cancer....she does a brisk 5 miles a day! (ok she has a bit more time since she no longer goes to work)...i am thrilled to see her great recovery.

5. grateful i can chuckle to myself....Rule 62 indeed! front and center...and some real genuine happiness is peeking through.

6. grateful for a much more positive attitude, i know that I am OK for today.

7. thankful for that fresh perspective i've read about.

8. grateful to be home, enjoying peace and quiet after working...i've had enough of dealing with others today...came home in good weather and sun, out for a dog walk to enjoy it.

9. grateful for soft-fur-lined hot chocolate and purple crocs (surgery shoes).

10. glad I can still cook, bake and enjoy doing it.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

LOL RZ, you and I quoted Fandy about Rule 62 at the very same time!
grateful for great minds!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:19 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Grateful this Friday night for -

1. A day of fun with my Mom.

2. Being able to buy a couple pair of pants and 2 shirts for my husband. He needed them and the sales are great right now. Probably should be buying for Christmas.

3. Renewing a relationship with my sister in law. Long distances don't help, but its being worked on.

4. A beautiful day weather wise.

5. Getting to the library and getting books for son and myself. Classic stories for him.

6. My beautiful husband that is busy making homemade pizza as we speak. God bless him!!!

7. My lego building son that I love dearly.

8. My 2 dogs that are just now forgiving me for being left outside on this beautiful day ALL DAY LONG!! Plenty of fresh air and clean water, but they want me to know they had no sofa or futon to nap on.

9. My beautiful cat that is stretched out on our bed and bathing in the late day sun.

10. Faith and love and sobriety!!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 05:28 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

my cats always seek out Prime real estate too....Tempur-pedic cats, they lay on their backs...the dog too.

1. grateful that the weekend is here, lots to do, but i do not have to leap out of bed at 5AM and play "Beat the Clock".

2. grateful for a nice home cooked dinner

3. grateful I react differently to circumstances

4. grateful I am sober and calmer, make rational decisions not emotional time bombs.

5, grateful for sleeping well every night.

6. Rule #62...(I did not forget RZ)

7. grateful that I actually LOOK FORWARD to tomorrow, not dread it because i am laying in bed too depressed to move.

8. grateful that I adopted my little dog, because he makes SURE i am up and out the door, he loves his walks and I cannot say no to him...besides the exercise is best for both of us...it lifts my mood to be outside enjoying some fresh air...(we will revisit this *enoyment* in January and February when it's 10 degrees outside.)

9. grateful for being OK with my demeanor...i don't have to get raging emotional frothing....maybe things simply don't matter that much anymore...Sobriety brings a different view.

10. grateful that i am here to share my grats.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

at'a girl fands!