Notices

Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:28 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

before you freeze the bananas...dip them in melted chocolate! it is an extra way to get that all important chocolate vitamin!

grateful to come on here again because i forgot to add.....RULE #62!!!

grateful that my giant Maine Coon cat is done *brushing* my hair with his front claws...he is very gentle, but he likes to chew on my hair and smell it, then spits it out...he has tuna breath, but he is almost 15 so i let him do what he wants.

grateful to come here instead of taking a ride to the liquor store, it was that kind of a day, but i keep telling myself, it won't change anything...it won't make people nicer, but it may make me haul off and slap the lips off on someone and that wouldn't be ladylike. I could be charged with assault if i threw my pomeranian....(he looks like the dog in that movie with Sandra Bullock in Alaska when she tried to give it to the eagle who swooped down and stole her phone).

grateful that tomorrow is another (just like Scarlett says) day...and today is pretty much over, so there is no need to think about drinks..because we want to face the morning SOBER!

grateful i put my glasses on and fiddled with the 5,000 buttons on the cable remote to attempt to program the kitchen TV to wake me up...i can sleep through my regular cell phone alarm these days....don't want to be late to deal with all the inevitable horse-pucky!

very grateful to see that the Chilean miners are coming up safely...(although i have a few ideas about who i would like to replace them...and seal off the mine permanently....to shut them up.)...i'm not usually so mean-spirited, but there are no young children here to hear me grumble....Mr. Tuna breath always agrees with me.

grateful to take my mind off of my problems with nonsense ideas.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:47 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

sneeze
should be Rule 63
there is,

"Dont forget about Rule 62"

let the grats flow!
Old 10-13-2010, 05:56 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Very grateful that

THE LAST MINER IS OUT!!!!

Old 10-14-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

4. Learning that when someone is rude and not so nice that it isn't always because of something I did, but maybe something going on in their life.

i experienced this recently too...and decided that i can be greatly improved in MY life, but whether I am doing great sober or NOT, some people will always be giant, self-important A-holes.

boy I just had to copy this to remind myself...

i know it's early but it was either AM or PM and we are closer to PM here.

1. grateful that I can practice PATIENCE and holding my temper much easier in Sobriety

(this must be some kind of *test * for me the last few weeks).

2. grateful for RULE62RULE 62RULE 62...my mantra.

3. grateful that i have a substitute thought for drinking to calm myself...so what if it's grilled cheese with tomato and bacon?...the thought of this sandwich and a cup of hot cream of tomato soup is better for me than a bottle of wine.

4. grateful to have lots to do at home to take my mind off of my anger.

5. grateful to know that i don't have to care about everyone else's issues, i have quite enough to do.

6. grateful that i am highly compensated for my aggravation...some folks have to do it for free.

7. grateful that i voiced my complaint in a most charming manner, i was diplomatic, not vicious...(although part of me wanted to scream)..grateful for SELF-CONTROL, this comes with sobriety....a good reason to keep practicing both.

back later for the nightly grats with the pack.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:46 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Grateful this Thursday night for -

1. A fun day of Art at son's school today.

2. Being able to write a letter that explains how much our son means to us. That was parents' homework and I really enjoyed doing that. Can't read it without tears though. We are suppose to read it in his class, but I am having my husband read it. I know wimp!!!

3. Having an opportunity to teach son about gratitude and giving back by volunteering this holiday at our Rescue Mission. Its ALWAYS been a favorite charity of mine and since money is low I decided time would work too.

4. Donkey rescue taking in 8 donkeys that were going to be put down. That's a real save situation.

5. Beautiful day today with regard to the weather. Didn't sit outside and read, but still might get out there for a bit. Need that sunshine every day.

6. Learning that bad moods can disappear instantly when you go out and do for others. Giving to others has pulled me out of my head many times and again, today.

7. Having a busy schedule and not being freaked out by it.

8. Reading Fandy's dinner idea and changing my idea from oatmeal to grilled cheese sandwich. Sounds really good. No tomato soup though.

9. Food in the cupboard and fridge and freezer. Too tired to cook once again, but that's what leftovers are for and grilled cheese sandwiches.

10. Being sober, healthy, useful, and happy!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

I have to confess that I watched Bobby Flay's "grilled cheese Throw-down" last night!

They were challenging the Pop-Shop sandwich and eatery in Collingswood NJ...(outside of Philly)...OOOH the gooey cheese and avacado, brie, bacon and goat cheese, turkey and swiss grilled...the BACON!...ooooh!

the bread, the foccacia, the melting, the butter....it was too late to get up and cook something, but i was thinking about it all day.

and he has all the Throw-down recipes in a new book...it's on amazon...i might buy it just for the pictures...to substitute for the wine images of course.

i of course could NOT find the ham i wanted for my grilled cheese sandwich! it is pouring rain here and the new store does not have the cold cabinets up and running..the grocery across the street is closing down and traffic was too ridicules to run to the other grocery...i was not going to sit for an hour to get my ham.

so tomorrow will do for this too. or maybe i can have bacon, tomato and grilled cheese for breakfast???
Old 10-14-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

To continue to participate on this thread
please go to the fresh page....

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ude-items.html