View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 12:38 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Horselover

Thanks everyone and please don't worry about me. I am going through that typical Fall, falling feeling. Getting through it though. This would have been a heavy time of drinking for me before I got sober. Seasons really do effect me and I would guess some others as well. I know my sisters fight it and the really ironic thing is Fall is my favorite season. How screwed up is that!!

Well I will try to get back into the swing of things. Didn't mean to worry anyone. Love you all and love your caring hearts.

1. Grateful for all the wonderful and I mean wonderful people around this place.

2. Grateful for the compassion that just flows so easily from you all.

3. Grateful that the hail storm last night didn't wreck my van. A lot of other people had broken windshields and lots of other damage. Glad I was spared for whatever reason. Worst hail storm my Mom (of 70 years) has ever seen and needless to say, that I had ever seen either.

4. Grateful to realize how much more powerful the forces to be are and how insignificant they can make you feel at times.

5. Grateful that moods pass just like urges in the beginning of becoming sober.

6. Grateful to surrender.

7. Grateful for believing in God and being able to pray when the need arises.

8. Grateful for a lazy day today.

9. Grateful for being able to escape to my Mom's for a couple of days.

10. Grateful to have my Mom still in my life.

11. Grateful to have my son and husband in my life.

12. Grateful to have my awesome friends here in my life or at least cyberly in my life.

One thing you can count on is that I will never just "poof" disappear. I hate it when others do that and so I won't. Hugs - Sarah