View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Fandy

Thursday night grats:

1. grateful to be here and posting here instead of my old ways...I no longer feel the need to think about booze so much...it's not front and center anymore...out of sight? never, it's everywhere..but out of MY mind..which is fine with me...ODAAT.

2. today was good. I fixed my minor problems and dealt with everything logically, another perk of sobriety.

3. thankful for a normal sleeping pattern...it is so wonderful not to be walking the floors all night and trying to drink myself to sleep and waking up 2 hours later for work.

4. grateful for being able to get daily exercise...maybe I can catch up with my 72 year old neighbor who is recovering from ovarian cancer....she does a brisk 5 miles a day! (ok she has a bit more time since she no longer goes to work)...i am thrilled to see her great recovery.

5. grateful i can chuckle to myself....Rule 62 indeed! front and center...and some real genuine happiness is peeking through.

6. grateful for a much more positive attitude, i know that I am OK for today.

7. thankful for that fresh perspective i've read about.

8. grateful to be home, enjoying peace and quiet after working...i've had enough of dealing with others today...came home in good weather and sun, out for a dog walk to enjoy it.

9. grateful for soft-fur-lined hot chocolate and purple crocs (surgery shoes).

10. glad I can still cook, bake and enjoy doing it.