I have nothing left in me

Old 10-22-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
K9 Trainer, Ret. Sys Engr

I don't know who Frank Underwood is, so I dunno.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I CHECKED , still don't know what he would do, but it can't be good.

Last edited by Firefall; 10-22-2014 at 07:30 PM. Reason: dup
Old 10-22-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Watch a few episodes of "House of Cards". Then read "The Prince".

Once you watch a few episodes, PM me.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Today, I just gave up. I am sick I am tired, angry, you don't want to know the solutions I have considered. So lost, so done.

Sick, tired, angry? Par for the course.

Lost, done?

Nope. Your SR pack will look after you.

Defeated? Not even close. Merely a preplanned tactical retreat to marshal resources.

Listen closely, my friend........can you hear those distant B-25s on the deck?
Old 10-23-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Just lending my voice to the pack (to go with the wolf)--it is good to hear from you again and sounds to me as if you will be considering an eviction notice (or would that be me?).

Good people often get taken advantage of ... at least that is what people tell me when I go down for the count ... you'd think I would be a quicker learner.

You are an awesome person faced with a very difficult situation and too many things going wrong all at once...and that is truly overwhelming.

You are not alone...I follow your posts...just never posted until now...but want you to know that you have support...
Old 10-23-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I LOVE FOLKS!!, here I am smiling after spending an entire day at the hospital is my RAA sister, she broker her foot.

VALE, I do hear the B25s, just barely, but they are there. Iris gardens thank you for your gentle nature. Your words my friend always touch my spirit in such a profound way must be my affinity for ducks!! Quack

I am trying to rest, RA (arthritis) flare feels like joints are made of crushed glass.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Zoso

I read The Prince eons ago, but all I remember about it is Machiavellian.
Guess I need to brush up. Get back to you on that.

Last edited by Firefall; 10-23-2014 at 08:39 PM. Reason: wrong quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I messed up post
I LOVE YOU FOLKS!!, here I am smiling after spending an entire day at the hospital is my RAA sister, she broker her foot.

VALE, I do hear the B25s, just barely, but they are there. Your words my friend always touch my spirit in such a profound way must be my affinity for ducks!! Quack

Iris gardens thank you for your gentle nature.

I am trying to rest, RA (arthritis) flare feels like joints are made of crushed glass.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
Hey...

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Firefall.

Here's something for you to ponder. And please understand I'm (partly) joking when I say this.

What would Frank Underwood do in your situation?

pull the rug out from under some and the wool over the eyes of others.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
pull the rug out from under some and the wool over the eyes of others.
Well, it's more subtle than that. And please keep in mind, I'm (partly) joking when I say what I'm about to say.

I believe Frank Underwood, if he were in your shoes dealing with the same problem, would create an environment for this kid that would be virtually impossible to exist in, leading to the kid leaving on her own. How would Underwood do that?

Maybe turning off the utilities in that part of the house. Or removing some of the furniture when she's not there. Or throwing her clothes in the trash when she's not there.

And Underwood would be stonefaced while doing all of this, displaying no emotion at all.

Does this sound incredibly amoral? Perhaps. But when confronted with someone who is inherently unreasonable and disdainful of boundaries, sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Of course, I'm (partly) joking...
Old 10-24-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Firefall,

I've followed your thread and can sympathize with you. Some days it seems as if everything hits at once. I receive a daily email from The Brave Girls and thought of you after reading this. I hope your RA gets better. Stay strong!

Dear Beloved Girl,

You don't have to have special permission to take a break, you know.

You have done enough. When you are tired and weary and feeling worn out, it's okay to be kind to yourself, to shift gears and take gentle care of your body and your spirit.

Please be good to yourself, beautiful friend. The world is not the same without the best of you. The people that you love the most have better lives because of you, and there are people you have not even met yet who will have enriched lives because of you. But not if you are depleted and wrung out or numb from overwork.

Your life will be better, happier, more effective, more efficient and more meaningful if you stop to take care of yourself. No more putting guilt trips on yourself or letting anyone else do it. No more working yourself so hard that you can't even feel anymore. It's time to REALLY nurture and take care of yourself. You are a gift to the world, so please take care of YOU.

Today's a great day to start.

You can do it. You are beloved.
xoxo
Old 10-24-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Zoso....I was already there, grinz and since that is not my nature it weighs heavy. I ha e already started buying groceries for a few days at a time and only healthy stuff!
So perhaps we all have a little Machiavelli or Underwood in us. Thanks Zoso.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Jaeger... I say "thank you", through tear filled eyes. Tears because of the gratitude for each and every one of you who takes the time to comfort the distraught, sorrowful soul. I look forward to the day my spirit will run and not grow weary, to a time of giving back...to whom much is given, much is required....I want to ready myself.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Zoso....I was already there, grinz and since that is not my nature it weighs heavy. I ha e already started buying groceries for a few days at a time and only healthy stuff!
So perhaps we all have a little Machiavelli or Underwood in us. Thanks Zoso.
Make sure you're taking care of you, Firefall.

If you need anything, you can always PM me.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Firefall, I so enjoyed you telling me about my 'gentle' nature.

I like that part of me too...but through 3 addict daughters...the tough love mom was and is there...and it is hard...but I found that if I 'gave them what I really had'...I was the one who went down...so I am here standing...and standing...and standing...not sure what else I am doing but I know that when I 'take too much care of others' which is so natural for me...from childhood...I am the one who gets sick and is really angry.

Hang in there...like that you are only buying groceries for a few days. I meant it when I said that given what I have learned (slow learner)...I would be evicting...because being the nice person and always doing for the other doesn't work a lot of the time.

Now...having said that...getting my inside spirit exercised to do some interviews on Monday...but more than that...asking my HP to show me the way...as I have no clue what the path is...so just turning it over...had to get that weak (strength sometimes) and desperate.

Take care of you...
Old 10-24-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I actually get very sad...but my language sounds to some like anger...and it is there too...just explodes eventually...so working on that...have no clue what to do...HP?
Old 10-24-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Jaeger... I say "thank you", through tear filled eyes. Tears because of the gratitude for each and every one of you who takes the time to comfort the distraught, sorrowful soul. I look forward to the day my spirit will run and not grow weary, to a time of giving back...to whom much is given, much is required....I want to ready myself.
===============
You already give us much....your courage & honesty.
If you don't believe this----then with all due respect
.........you are wrong.

So sayeth the aquatic poult.....
Old 10-24-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I love it !!!

Vent away, please vent away!!! it does a person good, sometime we just need to b**** and get it off our chests.

I know this is old advice and I didn't get a chance to read all the comments so it might have already been said. ---

The only thing that has really helped me in these situations is gratitude lists. I once wrote one nightly for three years, it helped, I finally started seeing the positive.

I am not saying this is what you need to do, just that it is what helped me.

I could say a lot more about this but I can tell you are already wise beyond your years and don't need to hear it.

Wishing you luck on a rough time.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Xtreem thank you for your thoughtful post when I feel I am too wise to listen to others, then wisdom is lost. It is good to be reminded of the good and right things to focus on.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Quack Quack, don't take this too personal but I LOVE THAT GOSH DARN DUCK!!!