Message or manipulation?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((KE)))))

I feel like a fool for letting him "get me" once again.
Far far from being a fool, you are a LOVING MOTHER of an ADDICT, who practices a program of recovery for her own SANITY.

You did good, you came here, you shared what happened and your fears and you got SUPPORT.

Many of you know how my 'parents and family' 'kicked me out of their lives.' As I have said it was the BEST THING that they ever did for me.

It wasn't until years into my recovery that I found out that even though I had moved across the country to California, my mother did get word of me periodically. Some day I will share the 'how she did that' but suffice it to say for now, that she used my Godfather, who had quite an information network and who had retired to Palm Springs.

Mothers do NOT stop loving their addicts. Mothers many times step away for the good of themselves and in the long run eventually most times for the good of their addict.

My mom, never stopped loving me, just as the mothers on here do not stop loving their addicts. I do know that for a long time my mother did DESPISE ME and the ACTIONS I was doing while under the influence of the addiction.

KE you are a loving MOM with one hell of a message, that you share freely.

Thank you so much for continuing to share you ES&H with all of us!!!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 07-17-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Kindeyes,

I also wanted to share my respect for you and for your compassionate posts filled with your experience, strength and hope. I enjoy reading your replies to members because I know they will be well thought out and useful.

I'm so glad this was just a bump in what appears to be your very strong dedication to yourself and your serenity. You are a good example to live up to!

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((KE)))
You are no fool.
I shudder to think of the day that I have hardened my heart to the point of not feeling an emotional when something happens, such as what happened with the box. We are a bit smarter than before, but we are still human, with emotions.

I don't ever want to not feel.

I'm glad things worked out as best they could.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

KE, My heart goes out to you. I could not imagine if it were one of my children. It sucks enough having anyone you love being addicted.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

KE, just saw this thread. Wow, you've been through the wringer! So sorry that you had to go through this, and grateful and relieved that your son is apparently alive and functioning. Such a cruel manipulation, but better than the alternative. Praying for you, your husband, and your son.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

KE:
I just read the post and glad it wasn't the worst. Your gentle words have always settled my soul in my darkest moments, as many other post have.

As CeCe so wisely put it "we are still human, with emotions". I am thankful that today I can have emotions. For so long I walked around in a void bc it was all too painful. I still grieve for my losses daily, but I do not stay in it as long. This board has helped me to survive what felt like "the daily burial of my ACs".

Huggs to all,
Hope
Old 07-17-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I continue to be so very grateful for each and every single one of you. I'm not really hurting at this point. Relieved. Perhaps. Angry. Have to admit that, yah, I'm a bit angry. My dear husband said "Sweetie......it's about time to use some anger. Get mad. It's ok." Gosh I love that man.

Laurie - I am always particularly grateful for the double winners here on SR F&FSA. It was recovering addicts who first started me on the path to recognize my own participation in the dance of addiction. I will be forever grateful for their honesty and helping to open my eyes to my own denial. Denial runs deep. Your kind words expressing your own experiences are very helpful. Thank you.

again....thank you all for your love and compassion.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-17-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

So sorry that you had to go through this. Thinking of you and wishing you peace and serenity.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Kindeyes, glad you are okay.
You are a good egg.
Thinking, I think it is really different being a mother. That little brat was inside you for 9 months. I think you guys need your own book.
Slightly more complicated than with BF/GF, husband/wife/ or sibling even.
The other really complicated one is a parent. When they get old and helpless.
okay, thinking........