Message or manipulation?

Old 07-16-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You are in my thoughts and prayers KE.

xo
Old 07-16-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Prayers for you,KE....and for your beloved son.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I was just reading and Im so sorry your family, your son is going through this. I think its really good you called the police. I wouldnt take any thoughts of suicide lightly even if part of it is manipulation. The thoughts are still there. But you are doing all you can by praying for him. There comes a point sometimes we just have to trust God is in control, and let go with peace.

I would think that giving up the title does mean something. I mean he must be giving up on getting it back ever by doing that. And why put in his watch, and a pellet gun, those do have value.

You said it was delivered at work? Was it sent through the mail, or dropped off? Is there a surveilance camera at the door that could be checked or something?
Maybe he didnt deliver it even. Maybe he had someone else do it for him.

Im going to say a prayer for all of you.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Kindeyes, you have been nothing but compassionate on this board. Please trust that no matter what happens, you will be ok and your son will be ok. A very good friend of mine once told me "Things will get better. You put out love and care to the world- it's only a matter of time before you start getting it back." I just want to pass this quote along to you. ((KE))
Old 07-16-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

KE,

Sending positive and calming thoughts to you ...... a mother's hug to you too from another Mom....

You are not alone!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Turns out it wasn't the title that was in there......it was the registration.

And why put in his watch, and a pellet gun, those do have value.
I suspect he is either quite serious about killing himself this time or he has escalated the manipulation to a very high level.

You said it was delivered at work? Was it sent through the mail, or dropped off? Is there a surveilance camera at the door that could be checked or something?
Maybe he didnt deliver it even. Maybe he had someone else do it for him.
It was delivered sometime during the night. My husband found it around 6:00am this morning. I suspect he dropped it off himself......however, he may or may not have been with someone. I have no idea whether he was on foot or in a vehicle with someone else. There is no camera that would help us know for certain.

There is a very high bridge just about two hundred yards from my office.....kind of like a smaller version of the Golden Gate bridge. He has threatened to jump off of it before. Several people have died jumping off of that bridge over the last few decades. If he did it in the middle of the night, it would be very easy to bail over the railing without being seen. The only way we would know is if his body washed up somewhere which could take days or weeks. Some have jumped off that bridge and were simply never seen again.

I do tend to think that this is a manipulation. A very cruel manipulation.....addressing the box very clearly to me. He didn't even write my whole name out just put:

For cb at (the name of my business) and then "Property of" his name. It was taped closed. The other item that he values is his guitar. It was not there but could have been stolen if it was left there anyway.

I'm still at work. No news from him. No news from the police department. I've settled my mind down for the most part because I know that this is completely and totally out of my control.

I haven't seen him since February.

ke
Old 07-16-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

(((((KE))))) You did the only thing you could do call the police and pray. I wish nothing cruel for you but I do hope it is a higher level of manipulation. My oldest AS attempted suicide once and the pain I felt was terrible. Please take care of you.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
There is a very high bridge just about two hundred yards from my office.....kind of like a smaller version of the Golden Gate bridge. He has threatened to jump off of it before.
.....or he could just as easily be laying in the shade under a tree in the park.

Try not to go there, KE. (((Hugs))))
Old 07-16-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Thinking of you Kindeyes and sending up prayers for you.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Thank you for the update. I am so thankful that you have soooo much wisdom, support and strength.

Please know we all LOVE you, we all CARE and we will all BE here for YOU!!

XOXOX
Old 07-16-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I've been sitting here trying to find words but I have none.

All I have are prayers for peace of mind, for all parents whose children are lost
Old 07-16-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm praying for you, and for your son.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

prayers with love for you and yours Kind Eyes.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

As always, KE, you, your husband, and your son are in my prayers.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

If only my dear son knew how many people were praying for him........thank you all for your kind words and prayers. No news from him or the police.

I worked all day and stayed busy so that is good. Now I'm just exhausted and can think of nothing I'd rather do than go to bed and sleep.

I really lead a simple life.....there is no drama. Just work and low key lifestyle. Perhaps the drama provided so generously by my AS is a way for me to understand and appreciate my life when it is quiet and drama-free. lol

Trying to keep a reasonably positive outlook......all of you have helped me make it through the day......for that.......I love you all.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-16-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

KE,
there are just no words to express how deeply I feel for you and your son ... all of us here as we are bound by this broken road we are all on are desperately sending prayers and pleas for you and your son ...

My prayer is that you will feel our love and our strength, and that ultimately you will feel the love and strength of God. I do believe as you give you will receive. We don't always know when or how but you have given such kindness, love and grace here on this board I just know it will come back to you ...

Hang on to God, to your husband, and all who love you dearly (that's us too) You are kind, wise, and strong ... I have seen those traits over and over in your posts and I pray that they will continue to carry you along

much love
Tina
Old 07-16-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I also lead a very simple life. It must look boring to others. But after the last couple of years with A&AXBF in my home, it has been everything BUT simple. Chaotic, full of drama and problems, complaints every day, never satisfied or happy, never settling down for even a moment. Just ridiculous. I still have not been able to recover from it. One day at a time.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I still want to believe he is finally surrendering and wanting recovery! That is my prayer.

Dear Heavenly Father, we ask you to help restore this young man's mind, heart and faith. Please help him reach out for help and recovery. We ask this in the name of Jesus!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((KE)))))

More and more this sounds like another form of manipulation. Registrations
of vehicles, in every state I have lived in are to remain in the Glove Box of
the Vehicle, to prove if need be, that your are current.

Therefore, either he got into the impound lot to get some 'things' out of his
vehicle and 'snagged' the registration, or he got someone to help him get
the vehicle out.

How else would he have the registration??

Enjoy your evening. He is being watched over by his HP and all the prayers
that have been and are being sent.

Love and hugs,
Old 07-16-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

In Texas, we have a sticker that goes either above or beneath the inspection sticker on the front windshield. We do not carry our registrations in the car. I don't know how many other states do it that way, but that's how we do it in Texas.