November is a Gratitude MONTH!

Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am grateful for a wonderful therapist who is worth every penny I spend on her. I don't always feel better leaving her, but I always feel like I have moved something.

The same thing for Al-anon.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful I have quit smoking for 3 days! And, that I came back to this site after so long. I am filled with encouragement this evening. =)
Old 11-04-2011, 04:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

357girl inspires my gratitude today, it's a year since I quit smoking and I am grateful to be done with that crutch forever. I'm grateful that today I can take good care of myself instead of trying to "fix" everyone else.

Hugs
Old 11-04-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Day 4 : Today I am grateful I went to a f3f mtg last night and I made it my homegroup.

PS great to see other peeps on here from WA go Mariners

Last edited by newby1961; 11-04-2011 at 06:14 AM. Reason: add a PS
Old 11-04-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day 4: Today I am grateful because both of my children are coming home!
Old 11-04-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 4:
I am grateful this thread got started because I am not in the best of moods and reading grats and thinking about what I am grateful for is needed!

So Today I am grateful for my sister who is also my best friend.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my health. I am taking a 25 mile bike ride tomorrow and am pumped and ready to go!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my supportive parents. With the AH abandoning Em and I, they have stepped in and watch Em twice a week so I can work to support us. I am thankful they are always willing to help, no matter how inconvenient it can be.

KC
I can understand this gratitude...my mom & ex-in-laws did the same for me when I left my ex. It was a wonderful thing for my son - and helped in so many ways.

Been offline for a few days but have been thinking of this thread & the importance of gratitude.

Day 2 Thankful for a successful & productive day at work, after having an extremely frustrating day at work the day before.

Day 3 Grateful my family is out of crisis mode...spoke to both my parents last night & neither of them mentioned my brother - who is doing better. Grateful for that too. Big time.

Day 4 Grateful it's Friday. Not saying that lightheartedly or humorously....it has really been a loooooong, demanding week, and I am thankful I can now say....... "aaaahhhh" & put my comfies on.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today I am grateful for the comfort of a warm house, food in my cupboard and bills paid in full. So many struggle for these simple comforts, there was a time I did too, and I hope to remember them and help them in some small way this "Thanksgiving" season.

Feeling the gratitude today, thanks again Ms. Pink.

Hugs
Old 11-05-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am grateful today for all of you, and this lovely place of love, kindness and support.

thank you
Old 11-05-2011, 02:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my husband. He is a good man and I forget that too often in the stress of our current situation. he ROCKS!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks, MsPINKAcres for starting this positive thread!

I am grateful for my strong and supportive extended family; they have been there for us in the midst of some very difficult moments in recent years.

I also send many thanks to those at this site, who have helped me to see that my own recovery is possible.

Wishing all a wonderful Sunday and hope for a better tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:47 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am grateful to the people who share their thoughts, fears and wisdom here. It is such a blessing and gift to know that we are all NOT alone in these times. God Bless everyone.
Teresa (aka TT)
Old 11-06-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful today for all my dear friends here at SR, who make each day just a little brighter and a lot more joyous. Love you all
Old 11-07-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Ok - wasn't able to get on line this weekend - so I have to catch up -

Grateful for my Children & Grandchildren, Football (which has brought many times of enjoyment between my late step-dad & I, my uncles, girls, nieces & nephews, & my family now) and laughter, the ability to smile and find joy during the difficulties of life.

Today's gratitude is my 2 brothers! Jesse & Dean - they have supported me through all my life - loved me unconditionally & always had my back! We've been thru a lot together - They help make me strong!

PINK HUGS my friends!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I missed a few days too...

I am grateful that I have learned that the difference between a bad day and a good day is only 24 hours and that I am able to apply the saying "this too shall pass" to my life and keep smiling...

It's only temporary!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I am grateful that soccer season is over. Coaching a U6-7 is a lot of fun. But it's also a lot of responsibility and work and a huge time commitment. Thank goodness it's only temporary.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

And finally, Day 7:

I'm grateful that this site can be a touchstone for me to help me remember the basics of my recovery. It also helps me remember that everyone has pain. And it gives me hope because I can reach out and help others, like I have been helped in the past.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

late coming in but i am so gratiful for my life today. i am thankful for my peace of mind & for my God, my higher power.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Day 8: I'm grateful to my God who, given the opportunity, will take anything I put into his hands and turn it into something beautiful. He is my source of strength and love. And even though I don't deserve it, I am completely loved despite all my failings and imperfections. I can count on him in times of deepest hurt and ecstatic joy. I can always rely on God to save me, no matter what.