November is a Gratitude MONTH!

Old 11-08-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Late on my grats but here is what I have....

Saturday 11/5/2011 Grateful for some entertaining football games that I enjoyed watching.

Sunday 11/6/2011 Grateful for the friendship and love I have with my in-laws

Monday 11/7/2011 Grateful for the good relationship I have with my son and that he feels comfortable talking to me when he has an issue.

Today 11/8/2011 Today I am grateful for the fact that I can make mistakes and use the mistakes I make as an opportunity to grow and learn a little bit more about myself.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my wonderful mother. Also for AXBF's mother and stepfather. Without these loving, beautiful people in our lives, who knows where my children and I would be.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Day 8 of Gratitude -

For my commute time to work - it's a little over an hour to work and then drive back home - 4 days a week - It's time consuming, gas burning and frustrating so many days - but I'm grateful for it - because it gives me time to pray, listen to contemporary christian music on KLove radio, chat with friends on the phone, have quiet time to center and heal, or whatever my God has planned for me that day -

sometimes our challenges can turn into blessings ~ so today I'm grateful for a 63 mile commute in the morning and in then 63 miles back home ~

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 11-09-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Gratitude day 9 - for the financial blessings and provisions my God has given me throughout all my life ~ for so many years I worked 2 and 3 jobs to provide for me and my girls. There were so many times I had no idea how we were going to make it - but God always provided a way -

I am truly humbled by His protection and provisions.

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 11-09-2011, 10:48 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I am grateful to have my two beautiful girls. All they have to do is smile and it instantly warms my heart.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Grats day 9.

I am grateful to be alive.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Yesterday I was grateful to get a new job after nearly 5 months of unemployment! A new and BETTER job than I had before.

Today I'm grateful for my sweet little boy without whom none of this would be possible... or necessary. Lord it just freaks me out the path I was on before he was born. I thank heaven and all the angels for sending me him so I could stop being so selfish and learn to focus on something other than my own instant gratification. He saved my life.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

10th day of gratitude -

I am so grateful for modern technology -

cell phones, internet, facebook and Sober Recovery -

This allows me to keep in touch with my family, friends and each of YOU ~ it has allowed me to further my recovery program - to grow and learn from folks I have never met f2f but they have become near and dear to my heart

You are my "recovery internet SR family" ~

you know my fears, joys, pains, triumphs and laughters!

Yes - somedays I can't figure out how to get this phone/computer/text/upgrade to work - but the days I do - YES I'm very grateful!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 11-10-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I am grateful to have such loving, wonderful friends, who love me and don't judge me regardless of what may be going on in my life.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Day 10

I'm grateful that I was able to share with my adult son my copy of the Co-Dependent No More book. He is reading it now.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Day 10:First sorry I missed a few days... I am grateful that I am still loved
I am grateful to HP for the wisdom to let go and let God. There is a miracle at work in my life right now and I am stepping back and letting it happen.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today is Remembrance Day in Canada and I am grateful for all those who fought to keep my country safe and yours, from tyrants and terrorists and all evil.

My father-in-law fought WW2 overseas in Italy, North Africa and Holland and today I will call him to say "Thank You" once again. He is 94 now and his memory fades, but his memory of the war is crystal clear and he has never forgotten one single person who lost their life while serving next to him. May I remember them too and say a small prayer to thank them too.

To all the men and women who continue the fight today, so that we may live in peace, I am humbly grateful.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Today I remember my father on Veteran's day. I am so grateful for him. He passed away 8 years ago. He was a tough man with personal demons. Not an easy going dad. But I loved him so much despite his imperfections. And I miss him. He had a hard life but he was a wonderful provider who taught me the value of hard work.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for me. I realize that this last year (dealing with my sons addictions and horrors and also dealing with my Mothers advanced small cell lung cancer) that I am not as strong as I pretend to be. Finding within myself the power to ask and receive help. I am still working on serious co-dependent issues, but I also feel so much stronger with God than I have in a long time. I am grateful for my life
Old 11-11-2011, 10:45 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 11:

Today I am grateful for the fact that I kept my cool during a bad situation.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Day 11: I am thankful for the veterans.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 11 of gratitude ~ Our military, veterans and their families - especially my Dad - who served two tours in Vietnam, one in Korea, rec'd a Purple Heart, Bronze Star and many other awards ~ He passed away 2 months ago today - I miss him dearly - almost so much it hurts to breathe some moments -

BUT I am grateful today - he is laid to rest in a beautiful Veteran's cemetery - that truly gives our Veterans the honor they deserve -

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 11-12-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful to God for always coming through for me, even if I don't realize it at the time.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful to my family. I love them with all my heart. I love my kids and as soon as they step in the door, I am going to give them GIANT HUGS.
TT
Old 11-12-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today I am grateful that the bad weather is staying away until I can head south the end of next week. And I am grateful to be at a time in my life where I can do this each winter. Life is good.