November is a Gratitude MONTH!

Old 11-18-2011, 06:13 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Wow where did everyone go?

Day 18 Grateful our meeting found a new place to meet and we met there last night for the 1st time and 8 people showed up
Old 11-18-2011, 07:37 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi, Grateful for the life that HP has blessed me with. I am filled with hope and love today, spreading that to all of you! God Bless.
TT
Old 11-18-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

10/18/2011 Today I am greatful for you guys who post on this forum especially the ones who have been here awhile. The words of wisdom is sometimes a jagged pill to swallow but I keep coming back. I am glad you tell the truth and don't sugar coat it.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:54 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Day 19: whoohoo Grateful that we all keep showing up and like JL said no reason to sugercoat it. This disease is deadly and nothing to fool around with. Lets all try and remember that thru the holiday season. Please don't let your disease con you by telling you it is okay to drink and you can always quit after. Some people never get the chance once they pick up again. I know that's how I lost my partner.. If noone told you today
Old 11-21-2011, 04:55 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Where is everyone?
Old 11-21-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I missed a lot of days in there. Sadly, I was struggling for something to be thankful for... I am not always as grateful as I'd like to be. Therefore, today, I'd first off like to be thankful for forgiveness, mercy and grace (that's 3 :-)).

And also... TODAY, I am thankful that I am up on time and starting my new job. YAY!!!!!!!!!

I'm also thankful I had the last 5 months off. ;-) I really needed that time to learn about myself, be with my son, and get my ducks in order.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:53 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Here I am - sometimes it's difficult for me to get on-line on the weekends - HUGHES Net is not internet friendly!!

Friday - I am grateful just to be ALIVE to enjoy all the wonderful blessings God continues to give me!
Saturday - grateful for the place we live called PINK Acres - it's a simple little country home filled with love, joy, peace, serenity, safety and gratitude. I know today it's not so much the place as it is the people ~ It would be PINK Acres no matter where we lay our heads.
Sunday ~ Acceptance, about life, people and situations. So many things may not be as I wish it would be, but God is taking care of it. He gives me Acceptance and my peace grows.
Monday ~ For my Home Group & that I should be able to finally attend a meeting tonite!! Because of our granddaughter living with us full time since February - I hardly ever get to make a meeting any more. She with her other grandmother for a few days so I get to make a meeting tonite! Wahoooooooooo Thanks God!

PINK HUGS!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Saturday 11/19/2011 - I am grateful that Ark beat MSST, Baylor beat OU and USC beat Oregon. Friday I was grateful that OKST got beat by Iowa St. College football is good right now and I enjoyed the day watching football even if it was by myself.
Sunday 11/20/2011 - I am grateful for all the blessings I have and sometimes take for granted. I am thankful I live out in the country.
Monday 11/21/2011 - I am grateful for the fact that I only have three days to work this week!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I am thankful that I received "normal" pap smear and mammogram results last week.

Our son and his family are out of town. Don't know where our Ad is. Instead of having a pity party, I am thankful that Mr. Habit and I are able to go on a "spur of the moment" getaway for one night and enjoy a nice Thanksgiving Buffet. Yippee!

I am thankful for a loving God who never leaves or forsakes me! Praise His Name!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Grateful for my hidden talents and the opportunities I am presented to let them shine.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:48 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

11/22/2011 - Today I am grateful for my mother. Today is her birthday, she is 77 years old today and I must say she is doing really good for her age. A couple of years ago she drove up to the city I work in to take a mini vaction with me. She came into my office and every one was suprised at her age because she just does not look her age. She has been a very good mother and I am blessed to have her for a mother. I am grateful that I still have both my parents and they are both in great shape. My dad is 72 and thinks he is still 21, it's fun to watch. I love them both.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Today's Gratitude for me is my HP's Grace! It amazes me the Grace I am given and the Grace that my recovery allows me to share with others!

(Just Lizzyd - I love love love College Football - I am an LSU fan - Geaux Tigers & MrPINKAcres is a CrimsonTide Bama fan - It's been an interesting season for us!! And like they say It Ain't over yet!!)
Old 11-22-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

MsPink.....We will be calling the Hogs at our house come Friday! Should be a good game, it always is......
Old 11-23-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for rain. Four inches of it fell in the last two days. It's wet and it's cold and unfortunately there is the usually flooding happening.

But this is what makes the pacific northwest so beautiful and green in the summer. It helps keep our air clean. It builds the snow pack in the mountains so we can go skiing and have fresh water to drink in the summer. It helps me appreciate it when the sun shines... Which won't be for another 7 months here... but that's ok.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:34 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Today 11/23/2011, I am grateful that God has seen it fit to bless me with so many days on earth. I know each day is a gift. Sometimes I forget that and take my life for granted. Sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder what happen to that young woman and where did this 40+ year old come from. LOL However, I learn to accept my age....that is one of those things I cannot control. :P

I may not be on SR till after the Holiday. I don't get on this site at home around AH. That being said, I want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. I know it is hard to get into the holiday with all of our issues with our addicted loved ones. I just pray that your HP gives you peace and that you are able to enjoy the day!

Hello-Kitty, I lived in Tacoma many moons ago and I know exactly what you are talking about.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:07 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Today's gratitude is PINK

I am so very very grateful for PINK! I know it's so very silly to some, but to me PINK helped save my life! It was the start of my journey to help me find a new way to a happier, healthier and safer life. (I have posted the full story before, so I won't go into the full details - if you have missed it & want to know - send me a pm & I'll share God's miracle again!)

When I send you PINK HUGS or PINK Blessings ~ that wish is full of prayers and good thoughts for courage, strength, wisdom, peace, serenity, safety, joy and laughter ~

PINK ~ helped change my life! Partly because of it, today I live Happy, Joyous and PINKfully Free!

So once again my wonderful SR family
PINK HUGS (hope, unity, gratitude & serenity)
Rita
Old 11-23-2011, 01:52 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm very grateful for all of you peeps and soberrecovery.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I have so much to be grateful for. Today is day 23 since I quit smoking and today is my first day not using the patch!! I am now saving money by carpooling, and I am carpooling because I'm not a slave to smoking cigarettes in my car! And, as a result of not smoking, which resulted in carpooling, I changed my work hours so I get in 2 hours earlier, and LEAVE 2 hours earlier. Woohoo!!! I started working out at the company gym on Monday, just the treadmill for starters, but this is a result of not needing to go out to lunch and drive in my car to have three smokes. =) Saving $$$ by not buying cigarettes that are $9 a pack!

What I am MOST grateful for (saving the best for last), and the reason I am making these changes is because my AD graduates from her 6 month treatment program next week! She could have left at anytime but she hung in there. I'm so very proud of her. =)

Happy Gratitude Day to All!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Today, I am grateful that we have enough to eat, clean water to drink, sweet pets to cuddle with and a warm place to live.

I'm also grateful for turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries, green bean casserole, sweet potatos au gratin, pumpkin pie and whipped cream...

I hope I don't eat to much. ;-)
Old 11-24-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I'm grateful to be alive and experiencing the gift of love, both giving and receiving.

And for deviled eggs