November is a Gratitude MONTH!

Old 11-01-2011, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

November is a Gratitude MONTH!

Yes, my friends - It's NOVEMBER!!

For those of us living in the US we celebrate Thanksgiving in November and several of my recovery friends and I like to call it our 30 days of Gratitude!!

Either thru text messages, on FB or even in a real phone conversation ~ we like to communicate something each day in November that we are grateful for in our lives. . .

Anyone interested in joining me in 30 days of gratitude. . .

For me, my first day of Gratitude would be grateful for my relationship with the God of my understanding ~ He is my everything! My friend, companion, helper and buddy! So grateful that He opened my heart, mind and soul up to the type of relationship with have today - rather than the ole "fear factor" one we had years ago!!

so anyone else want to share some gratitude. . .

If not that's ok -

I still will wish you many blessings of gratitude and of course

PINK HUGS!!!!
Rita
Old 11-01-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well I'm all on board with this....
My first Gratitude is finally after all these years starting to learn about what makes me tick, seeing my imperfections, and having a plan of correction. I'm also grateful to know that it is not conceited or wrong to appreciate my strengths and love myself!
Life can only get better!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am grateful that because of my As addiction I have realized that I do not know what LOVE is. Perhaps, now I have the chance to learn.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Even if I can't get online everyday, I'm definitely on board with this!

Today (and every day), I'm grateful for my son. Unable to help him move into his new apartment yesterday, I felt terrible guilt. To make matters worse, he hadn't returned my calls/texts. Then, he called, just like my husband said he would, and said he totally understood, was just busy, and is glad I took care of my stuff because he handled it just fine. What a sweetie that boy is!! He is soooooooo much smarter than I was at his age!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my imperfect but loving family - my mom, my dad (god rest his soul), my brothers, my sister, my son, my neices and nephews, my 44 cousins and their combined total of 86 children... my family is a key piece of my identity. If I did not have their example of strength, honesty and perserverence I would not be here today.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am grateful for the new spaciousness and openess in my life that allows me to take the good with the bad, the tumbles with the joy. I am truly starting to realize that you cannot have one without the other.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks to each of you for sharing your gratitude! It helps me more than you can ever know!

Today I'll share the gratitude I have for my children and grandchildren! I love being a Mom and a "ReeRee" it's the best thing ever!

PINK HUGS my friends!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

After friends from NE shared the trials and tribulations of Snowtober with me, I'm more than grateful for my home and all it's modern conveniences!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my son and daughter, I am very proud of them, they both have dreams and goals and are working towards them. They are good kids even though they are young adults now they will always be my babies.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 2 - I'm grateful for a job interview today. Prayers that it's the right fit for me and my son. And that I'm the right fit for them. But if not, I'm still grateful that they called.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi, I am grateful for my Higher Power. Now more than ever, I can see how God is working in my life and my sons. Even in the darkest times, there is a light.
I am grateful for my loving Mother, who is a ROCK and my lifeline to sanity.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Im grateful I"ve found some hope over the last two days... reading stories here & the meeting today just helped me realize things aren't as hopeless as I had been feeling they were.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well colour me in, I'm late coming so have three days to catch up on. Wonderful idea Ms. Pink!

I am grateful for the spiritual peace I have in my life today, it's a peace that sees me through good days and bad and makes me wake up each morning to greet the new day with happy anticipation. Letting God lead me to where I am supposed to be is so much better than when I tried to control the world.

I am grateful for friends and family who love me unconditionally, even though I neglected them the years I was lost in my codependency.

I am grateful to be at that part of my life where I can work part time or not work at all and where I can go to Florida for the winters to enjoy nature there and stay warm.

That was easy, maybe because I really do have so much to be grateful for.

Hugs
Old 11-03-2011, 05:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 3

I'm grateful for my Mom & Dad!

As most of you know - I lost my Dad on September 11 of this year and it has been very difficult for me - I miss him so much it hurts to breathe some days! Thursday afternoon we talked on the phone - I miss our conversations so much - I miss hearing him say "It's Thursday and I'm suppose to talk to my daughter" and the way he ended every conversation with "So long" instead of "good bye"

My mom has been a blessing in so many ways - I know she loves me the best that she can - she has been one of my greatest sources for change for me - I love her as she is - I wish she could have so much more in her life, but i see she is bound my fear and can't get past it. I use this as a gift from her to NOT be like this - I choose to be different than she is - not out of spite but because I know deep down inside of her somewhere, somehow she would want that - I just have to believe that!

So my parents are or were far from perfect - but I do know that they love me and really want good for me - even tho they weren't always able to give that too me. They were affected by a horrible disease and by dysfunctional parents too ~ They tried their best to do better and they did.

For that I am grateful.

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 11-03-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 3

I am grateful that I am employed, I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge, transportation, and the ability to purchase fuel for my ride (although that part gets hard from time to time). I look around in the economy and see so much despair. I'm not talking about folks who put themself in that position, I am talking about the folks who were doing everything right and the rug got pulled out from under them. I know that it could be me with just one pink slip. So just for today, I am thankful for my job and I pray for the folks who are in need.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am grateful to wake up and realize that today is what I make of it. I believe in asking/expecting good things to happen. Today will be an amazing day full of joy, hope, laughter... I am grateful for HOPE!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Hi all count me in to although like Ann I am 3 days late.

Day 1 Grateful for my connection w/God.

Day 2 Grateful I am alive.

Day 3 Grateful to be able to help others.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 1 Grateful for having both my parents still with me.

Day 2 Grateful for my children. GOD has truly blessed me.

Day 3 Grateful for Codependent No More getting me through the loneliness at night I am experiencing.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my recovery! I am listening to the radio cranked up and this day belongs to ME, whatever I want to make of it
Old 11-03-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 3: Today I am so thankful for a phone call scheduling a second interview for the job I interviewed for yesterday... and I am so grateful for the support of my family and my friends who are encouraging me to pursue this incredible opportunity, and pledging to support me no matter what the future brings my way.