I feel lost right now!

Old 02-09-2010, 03:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Teke -

you post and write all that you want. We are here for you through thick and thin. I am so sorry that your kids had to hear that at the prison. I hope that the suggestion from CoffeeDrinker will help you. On top of your grief and dealing with your kids you have to worry about that too.

My thoughts and prayers remain with you. Hang in there my friend....lots of love....
Old 02-09-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Teke))) There have been some good suggestions that I hope you will be able to consider. You have been such an inspiration and such a loving member here and you are truly loved by so many. You aren't alone...I promise. We're here for you and your God is walking with you.
Continuing to send prayers for you and your family.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

thinking of you
Old 02-09-2010, 07:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through.. My thoughts and prayers are with you..

Know matter what happens in the coming days I hope you and your family will find peace in knowing that your AH is all better now, he is truly in Gods hands and he is no longer a slave to his addiction.

Sometimes funeral homes will set up a payment plan for you in situations where there is no insurance.

I hurt for you and your kids and I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.... lots of prayers for you tonight and in the coming days..
Old 02-09-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I come here having two difficult days in a row that have culminated in tears and I am reminded by your post that life is about the here and now. We can only do our best and let God handle the rest.

I hope your husband's family is only showing signs of their grief with their behavior. Maybe their hurt has caused them to want to detach now and think of him more as someone else's husband who died in prison rather than their own son. Maybe seeing it come from a place of pain will help you to cope with it as well.

There have been some heartfelt suggestions here and I know you will find a thoughtful way to honor his passing for you and your children.

Please keep posting. We care and want to hear from you and know that you are working through this.

Much love,
Alice
Old 02-10-2010, 12:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
grateful rca

a little update:

hey you guys,

first, forgive the typo, i can't find my glasses and i'm not the best typist, sooo!!! i can tell that you guys are really praying for us and that god is listening, so i want to share my day so far.

don't know how his family really feel but i do believe they are grieving. his mom is now reportedly hallucinating, seeing and asking for their other deceased long gone family members, so please pray for her too.. i also believe that his mom meant whar she said(another story) but his 2 brothers say they have been searching for options but yet to find anything. i believe they may want to help but maybe really can't, one is sick already and both are unemployed right now. they've call furnaral homes in the area to no avail, nobody is willing to do a plan. i suggested that while i was gone yesterday that they spend time checking around looking for a place who might do a plan, providing him with one that i thought may help. well he talked to them and they couldn't do nothing for him.

i got to thinking, my family know this fh, my mom grew up with these people, one my family has always used. so, me, my mom, and my brother, said a prayer and when to just truthfully lay our cards on the table, so to speak, telling him up front just where i am. i let him know i had no money, no ins and didn't know what to do but i knew he did.

i left with him telling me about cremation, how he had contact where my ah is, if i wanted him to handle a memorial for him, he would have his urn sent here, make sure we have a decent memorial with as many trimmings as possible, all i had to do was find out just where the body was, release him to them and go home, take care of me and the kids, he promixed to take care of everything FREE OF CHARGE FOR US, because he knows my family and care. he said he was gonna make sure me and my kids have some closure, what a load release!! thank you lord!

wait, it gets just a little better. my ah is a vet but i didn't understand anything about that other than he gets a flag. i called them anyway to find out that ah had an honorable discharge and he gets to have a military memorial, honor gtuard and all, no cost to me.

now, i'm thinking, with this info, i don't know what kind of rabbit our fh friend can pull out of his hat now, imo, he has already pulled out that one unexpected rabbit, so back to him i go. i figure, who knows what i come out with this time, even if there is nothing more, i'm still so very grateful. i'll know in the am.

the sun seems to shine a tad bit brighter, thanks to you all, i'll keep you posted and please keep praying, god is really listening to you on my behalf. right now, i do feel the love, am embracing every hug and still praying for all of you and your loved ones.

just to note; every thing we think and worry about don't always work out the way we think either so too much worring can be useless. just because sometimes we can see a way out, don't mean god don't have a plaa of his own. he knows how to get whatever needs to be done, done. there is a ram in the bush.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

I'm so thankful that things are starting to work themselves out for you and your family..

Stay strong, you've got this
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Teke - glad to hear that things are starting to come through. I'm chiming in here late, but I agree with the others post away. You'll go through a myriad of emotions coming up I'm sure. Gentle hugs to you and your kid's.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks Teke for posting. Your experiences and handling of life has been an inspirational testimony to our HP working in our behalf. Reminds me to pray to my HP and let him take control of my life because he really does have a plan. Thanks again and I am thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

God bless your friend! I pray that each day your burdens and sorrows continue to be lighter.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

((((Teke))) - oh, that is so wonderful of your family friend, and truly prayers are being answered. Please do keep posting, as we care so very, very much.

Love, hugs, and prayers!!!

Amy
Old 02-10-2010, 10:15 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to hear that something is going good for you. I think your HP is talking!

Hugs,
Teggie
Old 02-10-2010, 11:05 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

yes, the va will pay a small contribution toward the expense. it is minimal, but something. my guy was honorably discharged and had the honor guard and flag. it is a good thing to focus on. God is watching over you and your family. You're in my prayers.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

God is good...all the time.

You're a wonderful woman, Teke. I knew He would take care of you.

XOXOX.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:03 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Teke, My dad served active duty in the military as well and when he died, there was coverage provided free of charge for a lovely marker too...He also was cremated but we chose to bury the ashes and place the marker at the location as a place to go to remember him. Here is the website with information on this and I am sure that the kind gentleman you know from the funeral home will have information on this as well.

It is difficult not to worry so much when everything seems so overwhelming but it is always so wonderful to see little miracles happening each day. Prayers continue.

Eligibility for a Headstone or Marker - Burial & Memorials
Old 02-10-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

teke,
I'm so sorry to hear this....I do have to be honest though, how many times I have thought "what if" I were to get that call one day that AH has died....how would I and children handle such a thing....and I can probably say this for many spouses of addicts here. This thought does cross our minds. How many are ever prepared for such a call?

You have handled it with so much grace and dignity for your children, yourself and your AH. I just wanna send you big big hugs.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Teke -

just signed on to check on you and see how you are doing. What awesome news I see that you have had. I am so glad that so many of your prayers are being answered. And what a great experience for your kids to see that people DO care and that with faith mountains can be moved.

You deserve for things to go your way and I'm glad that you have had a break in the clouds. Hang in there my friend. You are loved and treasured!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Oh Teke, I just found out the news, I am so very sorry. I haven't posted here for along time, but you helped me so many times a couple of years ago. Teke, your husband is finally at peace. Try to keep your wonderful faith, God will pull you through. My prayers are with you and your children. Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing. My thoughts are with you.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Wow.
I have stayed away for a while....SR scares me sometimes (the pain is so real for so many it gets me depressed)
My AH is in jail ....so we are at peace. Please know you are not alone and many of us feel some of your pain. I know you will be ok.
Please take care. I will pray for you and your kids.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

God is working in your life, Teke, through others. What a good reminder that no matter how dark our path, He will always lead us and provide for us on the journey.

Keeping you all in my prayers