A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 5

Old 04-30-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I always forget about pancakes and they are very cheap and easy to make and the kids LOVE them. I do cook breakfast dinners now and then especially when the cupboards are empty. I didnt know they made a mix with chocolate chips already in them. I will have to look for them.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

We had frenchtoast one day last week.

Another good thing is bbuy cheap generic chicken soup at the dollar store (3 cans for a dollar) make dumplings out of bisquick and add to generic soup.

Creativity makes it fun
Old 04-30-2007, 01:20 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Anvil a month ago I was spending $150 a week and nothing left by weeks end, its a difference of what you can spend and what you dont have. Minus the never ending man stomach helps too
Old 04-30-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I have no motivation either today just feel like I want a day to lay around in my pjs and watch movies and just veg in front of the tv. Yet everytime I look around I see something needs to be done. We are having hot dogs and homefries for dinner tonight. Its is a great day outside and I feel like a looser for just staying cooped up all day. I did finish the dishes and moped the kitchen floor and do need to move onto the bedroom and put away some clothes. I really liked having my weekends off. Saturday I would get everything done and Sunday was the day of rest. Now I have today off oh and tomorrow. Tomorrow I have alot of running around to do so no relaxing. I have a Dr's appt for a bladder infection that I have had for almost a week I was hoping it would go away on its own but no can do. I have to go see my sister. I have to go to Fiances Dr and pick up his meds then finally can relax. So lets see today is my Sunday and tomorrow will be my Saturday yeah thats it. I should shower though.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I am feeling so frazzled with work stuff.... and now I am hungry hearing about all your foods.

Tonight I am going out to dinner finally with my old coworkers we have been planning this forever but something always comes up. Tonight seems to be the night. I was gonna let abf know then I decided not to.

You know I was thinking last night I wish we all could meet. I may not post all the time... my brain has been really scattered lately... I have been trying to focus so its hard to to reply but know I am here reading.

Hugs,
jewel
Old 04-30-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

We need to meet, but then theres timer off work traveling arrangements, kids in cars for hours, oh yeah and money with gas at $3.09 a gallon.
DO you think we all could ever get all those things figured together at the same time?

I got it everyone come to Disney World and you can all stay at my house, Im an hour away
Old 04-30-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

It has to be something we plan way in advance... maybe a year??
Old 04-30-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Too bad so much turmoil makes it too much for this summer why kids are out of school. I so want to get away for a weekend
Old 04-30-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

We could meet and go camping in the middle somewhere, isnt camping cheap?
Old 04-30-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
grateful rca

a yr sounds good to me jewelz, i want to go to disney world. today, i just got out the house, i bought my mom a new prepaid cell and took it to her, stopped by the plaza for some window shopping, bought a new purse and heeled sandals, and was looking for some new jeans that i didn't find yet. then it was back to picking up grandkids, which i'm so tired of doing. that was my day and in a minute, i want to tackle my repossesed bedroom.

thinking about how now rather than staying home keeping grandbabies day and night day after day, almost 6 days a wk, i want to began to do somethings that i want to do without having to always be in a rush to get back home. its just not fair. i've told my kids for the last 3 yrs that i'm tired of keeping kids and i just don't know how to stop them from just bringing them, they claim that they don't have anyone else to keep them but i had to center my work around them and not them around work. i had to do without alot because i had noone to keep them at times while i worked.

i think that i'm spoiling them into thinking that thats what i'm here for to keep on keeping babies. i wanted to keep them until they were able to get themselves together, trying to help out for a little while. 3 yrs later, they got brand new car notes, furniture bills and is able to shop like crazy, i think that they ought to at least budget in daycare. hubby's gone and now i want to learn how to live again, i mean live a life outside of this house or running around like a headless chicken trying to get babies to and from school. somebody here the other day, reminded me that these are my golden yrs and i don't want to spend them living in addiction, no more than i have to and i def. don't want to live them out baby sitting. i think thats why god didn't let old folks have babies. i guess this turned into a vent, huh? sorry
Old 04-30-2007, 03:11 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

HEY maybe all of us here in NY could meet in the middle. A couple hrs in a car isnt too bad we can even go camping or something. We have all heard about us being at our worse so seeing us at our worst couldnt be too bad. Lets talk more about this. Teke GA isnt that far from me maybe a 8hrs car ride but it would be sooo worth it a GIANT girls camping weekend sounds fun. Nothing too expensive.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I'm hopping on this one too !! NY has so many pretty parks & stuff, I'm sure something could be figured out. OMG Lake George would be awesome. My summer is filling up very fast. There's never enough weekends. Let me know if you guys figure something out.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:26 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i think i can do camping, afraid of some critters but as long as they don't look like snakes and alligators, i may be ok, and oh no bears or coyotes or wolves. man, i don't know about camping but if yall say that i can do it, then i might have to just trust what you guys say. count me in, i think

and kj, you actually think that ny is kind of close to ga, huh?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:50 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Well I have driven through GA and it didnt seem that far I know North Carolina is 13hrs so lets see GA is closer. There are alot of us here in ny and there are alot of great camping places. Teke u dont have to worry about snakes or alligators here. We go camping alot. Now where r u in GA I wont use my map cause it would make u 3inches away. To me thats nothing.

Teke I agree start telling your kids your not available on some days. Lie if u have too I know its wrong but sometimes sooo worth it then again thats my addict thinking but its worked other times too. I get to the point that I lie to my family on days off cause then I have a hundred things to do with them and none of its what I want to do. We all know its about me!!!

So lets seriously talk about this trip. Helpus we can carpool!!! I am excited lets figure out when we all have a weekend open. If its during the chilly weather we can always split a hotel too. OK all our head together one two three.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I can drive 8 hours for a camping trip.

KJ are you really only 8 hours from GA? I was thinking Caralinas as a half way point.

Teke. Give your kids a deadline and then leave the house before they could arrive that first morning. I mean really they should atleast be paying you for part of the time. My MIL watches little man 2 days a week. It started off 5 when he was 4 months old, she came to em and said its too much Ill watch him 3 days, thats it.
After another year she said next month I need to drop too 2 days a week, no more. Even when she helps when he's sick she switches with daycare, because she's serious about wanting the other days to herself.

At this point though she'd kill me if she didnt have him 2 days because she enjoys him so. You need your own life Teke.

Hey eveeeryone I found cans of baked beans for 59 cents. YEAH!!!! and bbutter was 39 cents
Old 04-30-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

have driven through GA and it didnt seem that far I know North Carolina is 13hrs so lets see GA is closer.
KJ, I think my map is different than yours. Mine shows GA as farther south than North Carolina.
Its FL, GS, SC, NC, Virginia, MAryland and I get lost after that
Old 04-30-2007, 04:07 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

HMMM good point now I know i have driven through GA for what though hmm. Your right GA is a little further than I thought. Now here is a thought just a thought if u drive to tekes and hopefully get along well enough for a little road trip lol. HMM maybe helpus and who ever else in NY is willing we can find a halfway point for a couple of days?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Teke your about 8 hours from me and an hour or two north of you is this neat little town called Helen Georgia (it is designed too mimic switzerland with even gas stations built like buildings in the alps.)

Was thinking yesterday May take a trip this summer to my aunts in Kentucky, if so I head right through Atlanta, so unless I convince my grandfather to just fly me and the boys into Nashville, I may be heading that way
Old 04-30-2007, 04:13 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

My kids are awesome they wanted mac and cheese and corn for dinner.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:14 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I would love to visit NY, but I think its like 22 hours from me.

KJ How far are your from Glens falls NY, I have a friend up there