OT. What's with the Thanx thing?

Old 05-28-2006, 07:27 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hey there Kerry,

Originally Posted by reader
I aggree Pick, whats the point in being upset over a kind word. Yes, Morning Glory I hope they don't read this thread, a ton of work I'm sure, and a big dado over nothing. Mike can this thread disappear!!!! Kerry
Are you sure? There's some positive discusion in this thread, and some wonderful moments at the end (not from me, but from others ) If this thread is removed then all the growth and healing that we have just experienced, and that we can come back and revisit in the future, will be lost.

If anybody finds _my_ posts offensive I'll take them out right away. But as far as killing the whole thread I think I'll ask for a "thread conscience" on that.

Mike
Old 05-28-2006, 07:32 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I'm not overly popular it seems...

lol
Old 05-28-2006, 07:39 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

I agree Mike. Just because something is unpleasant doesn't mean we
have to delete it. Kind of like hiding your head in the sand.
I agree that whom ever took the time to install this may indeed have
their feeling hurt, but they will also see that others feelings have and
have the potential of being hurt as well.

BSP Girls quote:

I am the only person I think had a really problem with this thread and I for
one do not think it should be deleted. If anyone has a problem with it
then they should "detach" from it. IMHO
Old 05-28-2006, 07:45 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I spent a couple of hours searching the templates and was able to edit out the counting feature. If it is still something that bothers you all you need to do is ask and I'll change it or turn it off. You need to give me more than a minute though. I run a business, watch my grandchildren when my daughter works, have a suicidal son that relapsed recently and sometimes it takes me a day to get to it.
MG - I'm really sorry your going through that and I can understand how feelings here could add to feeling low. My issue with the counting feature was without doubt about me - I felt embarassed 'cos I haven't really learned how to be thanked and not feel that way, I hated it because it sat like salt on a sore spot - NOT because I thought there was anything other than good intention behind it.

I thnaked someone straight away when I saw the feature - I liked doing that but then they thanked me back and after that it felt as though giving thanks was a way of getting it. That's because it's difficult to me, not because I thought there was anything wrong with the intentions behind it.

As for the controversy in this thread - sorry it's gone right over my head, I haven't a clue what's going on!

Most importantly - best wishes for you and your son, your both in my thoughts.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:02 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pmaslan
I agree Mike. Just because something is unpleasant doesn't mean we
have to delete it. Kind of like hiding your head in the sand.
I agree that whom ever took the time to install this may indeed have
their feeling hurt, but they will also see that others feelings have and
have the potential of being hurt as well.

BSP Girls quote:

I am the only person I think had a really problem with this thread and I for
one do not think it should be deleted. If anyone has a problem with it
then they should "detach" from it. IMHO
No worries, I'm not offended in the slightest, I was kidding.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:51 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Like I said back in the beginning... good way to drive a gaggle of codies bonkers...
I'll admit I was goofing on Patty, (sorry for that Patty). Guess I got caught up in the (friday) moment.
Like Equus I'm happy to see the counters gone. Thanks for that MG
Old 05-28-2006, 08:58 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

I only thought that because Morning Glory mentioned that she hoped the person who set it up didn't read the thread. She said that it was alot of work, I just didn't want to have the good intentions meet with hurt feeling thats all. No biggie!!
Old 05-28-2006, 09:03 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

No problem Jazz you'll get yours soon enough when we meet next month...
LOL
Old 05-28-2006, 09:30 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I hope the people who put up the Thanks and counter thing do not have hurt feelings. I know my ribbing was supposed to be good natured. I hope it came across that way. I should mention that after all that ribbing the Thanks button has come in very handy for me. I'm usually sitting here reading with a baby on my knee and often I see great and helpful things people have written but it's hard to type one handed. With that button I can just click and I can show my appreciation. I've been using it all weekend! I am glad the counter is gone. It didn't bother me personally but I could see how some might have felt left out with it.

So a belated Thanks to whomever for the button. I'd like to keep it now. Sometimes you don't know how much you could use something until you have one to use.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:51 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aquiana
So a belated Thanks to whomever for the button. I'd like to keep it now. Sometimes you don't know how much you could use something until you have one to use.
Yes..I agree.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:24 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

*randomly goes thanking ppl*
Old 05-28-2006, 11:20 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BSPGirl
*randomly goes thanking ppl*

hahaha!
Old 05-28-2006, 12:42 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Somehow it doesn't show up anymore who said 'thank you' to me, I believe some ppl think certain ppl might not take the whole thanks thing too seriously? lmao
Old 05-28-2006, 01:00 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Procrastinator

I just have to ask....what is the inside broccoli joke? Is it the avatar or something more? Just wondering......THANKS!
Old 05-28-2006, 02:13 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Dessert Eyes (AKA Mike) has a broccoli stalk w/ a crown as his avatar. He's very goofable and seems to take all the ribbing about it in stride.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:56 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Jazz, thats not the full story, is he vegetarian??

Hey, Mike what did you have befor this one??
Old 05-28-2006, 03:49 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ilovebdj
I just have to ask....what is the inside broccoli joke? Is it the avatar or something more? Just wondering......THANKS!

Originally Posted by Clancy46
Jazz, thats not the full story, is he vegetarian??
Hey, Mike what did you have befor this one??
Oh geezzzzz, do I hafta?

See when I first arrived here I was a mess. Total melt-down. My Dad and Uncle died on the same day, my aunt a couple weeks later, all three companies I owned I had to close down due to the bad economy, developed a heart condition and was told I was terminal, and wifey dumped me for three married guys. Folks here and in f2f meets wrapped me up in love and held me 'till I got my feces amalgamated.

Along the way I picked up a stalker, as in an unknown person who would follow me around and change my avatar into something goofy. I got all kinds of weird avatars, each one funnier than the last. Those little pictures brought me my first laughter since the meltdown, and became a topic of much mystery here on SR. I kept complaining about my stalker, and about people telling me that pain is an indication of growth. I dont remember how it came about, but I was complaining about vegetables, which I hate but must eat, and broccoli in particular. Naturally my stalker made good use of that and turned my avatar into a "stalk" of broccoli.

I still get teased about that. The broccoli will randomly sport a pink dress, or become a flasher, now it has a crown. I think they're cute, and the artist has a _vivid_ imagination. And _NO_ I am _NOT_ vegetarian. I love sushi and _HATE_ vegetables !!!!!

Originally Posted by Jazzman
Dessert Eyes (AKA Mike) has a broccoli stalk w/ a crown as his avatar. He's very goofable and seems to take all the ribbing about it in stride.
"Goofable"!!!! What in the heck kinda word is that?!?!? lmfao. I'm getting ganged up on. My not-g/f says I'm an "adorable goof-ball". sheesh.

Mike
Old 05-28-2006, 05:41 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Love the story Mike, sounds like somebody really loves ya, how nice to be cheered up when u really needed it!!
Old 05-28-2006, 07:20 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Procrastinator

Thanks, Mike. Yes, it is totally goofy....thanks for clearing that one up. I was also thinking, "Why in the heck would someone pick a piece of broccoli for their avatar?" I just figured you were crazy.......lol
Old 05-28-2006, 07:56 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Thank you Mike, I love you!