Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 1

Old 02-04-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Grateful for retail therapy - again lol. Hello Swedish Hasbeens - I've always wanted a pair!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I DO remember that!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful for something that seems to happen fairly often when I use the recovery tool of slowing down, waiting a little--a problem "solved itself" once I did the footwork and got out of the way!

Long story short, I'd been having trouble w/my cell phone service provider ever since December, when I accidentally paid for an extra month of service in addition to my auto-refill. I requested a refund, got it, and since then have had problems w/auto-refill not working, no ability to purchase refills online, site claiming I am not eligible for auto-refill, etc. Yesterday I had an unfruitful online chat session w/a customer service person, ended up asking to speak to a supervisor, and was told someone would call me back within an hour.

Well, no one called and I stewed a bit, figuring I'd been blown off. I got up this AM, took care of the dogs, made some coffee, and got together a number of tasks I could do on the computer or at the table while I was on terminal hold w/the cell phone company. I had all my documentation, credit card, you name it, ready to do battle and get this all settled, dammit! And I opened up the web site and saw that everything was back to normal--I could see my account info, I could enroll in auto-refill, all the stuff I was unable to do since December.

So it appears that someone DID go in and fix the problem in my account; they just never called. And that is fine. By waiting until this AM, I saved time on the phone and a lot of trouble.

Huge big sigh of relief--and instead of haggling w/the phone company, I used the time to call my mom and my sister and had a nice chat w/each!
Old 02-04-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Swedish Hasbeens
I'm sorry, this sounds like a couple of washed-up Scandinavian actors or something....!
Old 02-04-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Haha - they are FABULOUS shoes!
Old 02-04-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for my weekly guitar lessons and my wonderful guitar teacher. Something I've wanted to do for years but anxiety help me back from things. The hour or so every week when I'm at my lesson is one of the times during the week when I know I can turn my phone off, switch off and just focus on my guitar. Plus chatting about music in general with my teacher makes me happy.
I am grateful for a wonderful, loving man who I can soon call my husband. He came home from work with a card and a little bag of gifts (each with a little meaning) from my favourite store because I've been sad and had a lot on my mind recently. He's awesome.
I'm grateful for books. Always am but today I spent a blissful hour looking at books in our local charity shops which made me happy.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

My fortune cookie last evening said: It is not the outside riches but the inside ones that produce happiness.

How very appropriate!
Old 02-05-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I 'm grateful for the wonderful time I had last evening with my SIL at her church's weekly women's night. I was very reluctant to go as I've been out of organized religion for awhile now & instead consider myself "spiritual". So glad I went as it was a very fun evening; really caring, compassionate women there who didn't push their religion on me but instead were very welcoming & friendly.

Beautiful warm day out so I was able to get in a really long walk this afternoon, also a workout early this morning on the eliptical. So glad that exercise is now a habit for me, I feel so much healthier than a year ago!
Old 02-05-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Grateful for chocolate, the PMS eliminator.
Grateful that I'm done with work for the week.
Grateful that I'm mostly done with my taxes, just waiting on two more forms and I can file next week.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:36 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Grateful to be done with taxes as well. Always grateful to get home from a nice evening out with friends and NOT have a raving drunk lunatic waiting as I walk in the door. Always grateful for that
Old 02-06-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful for the lazy, rainy Saturday we've had. A morning of listening to old music and an afternoon of lunch at our favourite place and a leisurely wander around the shops. Planning a home made curry for dinner and may do some baking.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Today we took my parents driving around the hill country-and I baked two dozen cookies and have a crock pot meal cooking since this morning for dinner tonight and many nights this week. Kids jumping on the trampoline and a fire going. So beyond grateful for today!!!
Old 02-06-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Had a smoothie after having a smoothie craving for two days. It must be part of my cabin/spring fever. And I washed the car. Let the spring cleaning begin.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Grateful for a day to get the house clean.
Grateful for the winter goods on clearance at Walmart. I stocked DS6 up for next year- new boots, hat & gloves for half price.
Grateful for grandma time so I can get some writing done tonight.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Grateful to spend time with both of my children today for lunch. With our busy schedules it's difficult to get together. What a treat to be with the two people I love the most in this world!

Grateful for the delicious supper I had this evening at a new Cajun restaurant our social group went to. Had a nice time visiting with the people sitting near me as well.

Grateful the winds have calmed down from this morning.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Grateful I have nothing to complain about. Not a thing. Just enjoying my day.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Ok, must add this. I am very grateful I can watch Super Bowl online. And in P E A C E.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Once again, grateful for my Sunday night Alanon meeting. Seems I'm always fighting the temptation to blow it off, to just stay in rather than put on decent clothes and drive somewhere on Sunday evening, but every time I put one foot in front of the other and go, I am happy that I did. Really a wonderful group of folks, lots of ES&H shared there.

Also grateful for the jackpot of really cool yarns I found at Goodwill for 99 cents each yesterday--a real smorgasbord of colors and textures, beautiful stuff, luxury and novelty types that I'd never consider buying for full price--many of them still had the original price tags on, ranging from 6.80 all the way to 16.50!

It has been a good weekend.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Grateful for more items sold online...yay for reducing stuff and money coming in grateful for the hard times with my oldest. Truly. It's in those times I get to be a parent-the tough stuff-and I'm always shown what I need to work on. Those are the times I'll cherish-not just the good but being there for the bad. Grateful.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Grateful for an old friend being able to be in town with me this weekend, that dad's service was so sweet, and that my family and old friend were so accepting of me wanting to bail on everyone for a day for a bike ride and a fishing day solo. Thankful to have the best people around me <3