Old 02-01-2016, 08:02 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
Bug hugs, firebolt.
Seconding this....
Hugs to you Firebolt!
Old 02-01-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Sending warm thoughts to you, firebolt--may you and your family all begin to find healing now that your dad has gone to his rest. I'm certain he knew he was loved well and deeply.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hugs Firebolt
Old 02-02-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful that the blizzard afflicting my old stomping grounds in Nebraska and Iowa will miss us in Wisconsin. It looks like we will just get some rain, with a bit of "wintry mix" thrown in from time to time.

Stay safe out there, ladyscribbler!
Old 02-02-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

For yesterday, I am grateful that I was able to deal w/putting air in a low tire on my company vehicle (thank you, Speedway, for having air pumps that you can set the shutoff pressure on, since I had no tire gauge!) on a warmish, dry day instead of having it happening in the slop we are forecast to have today.

For today, I am VERY grateful we are not going to get tons of snow (hopefully...) and also for Earl Grey tea, which I have just discovered I love!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Grateful for working at a marketing / design firm. Dad's going to have the best looking memorial programs ever Also grateful for a new season of The 4400.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hugs firebolt. Glad you're OK today.
Grateful for a fun night last night before the sky started projectile vomiting snow upon our heads.
Grateful that I didn't have to drag the kids out of bed and haul them to the schoolhouse today.
Grateful that I got new tires put on before Christmas. Finally got to put them through their paces and they were great on the snow.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Grateful for firebolt.

Prayers for your family -- and your dad on his new journey, wherever that may be.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hugs from me, too, firebolt--I missed this thread yesterday.

You're an awesome daughter--your dad was lucky to have you.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Thanks guys - as far as dads go, I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

Today, i am SUPER grateful for amazing friends - ones that have been around forever and I see often, and you all- the faceless (to me) positive constants - whoa - in my life for 4 years now! Hope to see all your lovely mugs one day!
Old 02-03-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Grateful for discovering this amazing thread while browsing on SR this morning! I've had my fill of negativity & toxic relationships; at this stage of my life I'm surrounding myself with as much positive energy & uplifting people as I can.

Grateful I was able to take this week off work. Exercising at the gym, going out for dinner with my RAD, catching up on some T.V. shows, taking long relaxing baths. Feels like a mini vacation!

Grateful I'm slowly, slowly getting comfortable being on my own (widowed 7yrs, kids both moved out recently.) Not an easy process, but now more good days than bad.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Welcome, Faith!

I am grateful that new people are popping into this thread and sharing. You can never have too much gratitude and joy!

Also, after WTBH's thread about braces, today I am EXTREMELY grateful for the outstanding benefits I receive from my government job, which includes dental insurance that miraculously covers the entire cost of braces except a $400 copay. DD16 is about to get her braces OFF, and DD12 will likely get hers ON by the end of the school year.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

(((((firebolt))))) So. Many. Hugs.!!!

So happy to be over whatever the heck THAT was that knocked me on my butt for a few days. I laid down on Friday after work & felt like I didn't "come to" until 48 hours later.

Happy to have learned the value of laying back & letting myself heal instead of feeling like I'm doing something wrong because I'm *just* lying around all day. Don't do something, just stand there!!

Happy to have cleared the air a bit with my mom this morning - not planned, not the way I would have gone about it, but it happened & I'm glad to have that part over with.

Grateful that I can count on my reiki circle to be there tonight when I feel like I really *need*a little extra healing today.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Feeling like I have so much to be grateful for/happy about today.

So happy I took a chance using the local beauty school for cheap haircuts for the last few months. I found a girl that I adore & I've watched her technique mature over these months & her confidence grow & my cuts have gotten better & better..... now we found out that when she graduates in a few months she already has a job in a salon close to my home. SCORE!

I paid off some back taxes on our property yesterday & even though it wasn't a significant bill, just getting that release of lien is like f.r.e.e.d.o.m...... can I get a Halleluiah for awesome baby steps like this??

I also used some of my "stash" to buy a new/used washer/dryer set because mine is dying a very slow death. If I don't get proactive, it's going to die at the worst possible moment. Woohoo for craigslist & being able to handle it without too much stress!!!

I can't tell you how awesome it felt to walk into the reiki center last night & be immediately met with Love & statements like "I'm SO glad you are here tonight; I am so happy to see you that you have just made my day!" DD went along for the ride & found that a friend of hers was there & really in need of a shoulder to lean on..... lately she's been getting fantastic lessons like this on giving back to others.

Since it made me LOL I have to be thankful for the outright catcall I received this morning while walking into my office. Part of me definitely rolled my eyes but another part freely enjoyed it in all honesty. I have worked d@mn hard this last year to get healthy & confident & it shows. I'm forty-freaking-two but Mr. Hardbody Construction Worker hasn't seen 30 yet. I'll take it, lol.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Grateful that even though literally all of my plans for yesterday were cancelled- no hot yoga, no families showed up for family night outreach at the rehab, my tentative date ghosted- I (and my HP) still managed to fill the day with some pretty awesome substitutions. Found a 40 minute vinyasa routine on Youtube, got an Alanon call from a friend in crisis and spent an extralong story time finishing Diary of a Wimpy Kid with DS6.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

FireSprite, you hunka hunka burnin' love, you!! Keep those young bucks on their toes!

And ladyscribbler, excellent job on turning the lemons into a lovely pitcher of lemonade!

Thanks for those posts, they really cheered up my AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

The groundhog said no more winter. I hope that rodent, or whatever he is, is right. I think I am having some cabin fever. I so feel like going out of town. And I want to do some outdoor grilling sometime soon.

But it makes me grateful that I have the urge again to do something. And it is not shopping related!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

So grateful for the shoulder massage at work today that for some reason I've never taken advantage of before...and I booked an appointment for next Thursday too!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Grateful for the very uplifting posts found here - what a great way to start my day!

Grateful for the amazing deals I found shopping yesterday (60% off exercise tops that I badly needed, cozy fleece jackets as well!). Realized while out at the mall that I don't enjoy shopping like I used to in my younger days - will only go out when I need to buy something after I've thought about it. Saving me some money I'm sure!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

I'm forty-freaking-two but Mr. Hardbody Construction Worker hasn't seen 30 yet. I'll take it, lol.

FS, this makes me think of that old Diet Coke commercial with all the women at the window ogling the studly young construction worker taking his Diet Coke break. Anybody else remember that one?