Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 1

Old 01-29-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

^ I hear ya! Supposed to be in the 80's here this weekend. Shorts and playing outside...woohoo!
Old 01-30-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Our weather this weekend is supposed to be the proverbial calm before the storm (or blizzard, if the forecasts are accurate). I'll just be grateful that it will be warm enough to melt some of the snow that's piled up before any more accumulates.
Grateful that I had a couple of hours to myself today before everyone else woke up.
Grateful for my milk and honey bath salts.
Grateful for my new rock crystal candle holder. It has such a pretty pinky-orange glow when you light a candle.
Grateful that I get to be with a friend to celebrate her birthday today. We're helping her daughter throw her a surprise party.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

LS, those candle holders are very pretty; I'd like to have one too--maybe my 10-lb weight loss gift to myself, since I just hit that milestone recently. Aren't they supposed to have some kind of healing properties, too, or am I making this up?
Old 01-30-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Oh yes, mine came with a whole pamphlet about the rejuvenating properties of negative ions. Not sure how much of that has been scientifically verified though. But for 5 bucks I'm not going to argue, lol.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Happy that I went to hairstylist and had a little trim instead of butchering the hair myself. I also found a nice hair conditioner that smells divine.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Grateful for the beautiful cardinal that decided to sit down on the fence right by me this morning while playing with my dog. I don't know what cardinals mean but it can't be a bad sign!
Old 01-31-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forourgirls View Post
I don't know what cardinals mean but it can't be a bad sign!
Not a bad sign indeed! Here's a start on what it might mean:

Animal Spirit Totems Dictionary of Birds - Bird Totems A-Z (scroll down to the cardinal listing)

Bird Animal Totems | Animal Spirit Guides | Meanings | (again, scroll down to the cardinal listing)

Cardinal Animal Totem Symbolism & Meanings | Sun Signs
Old 01-31-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Where I am from, there are no cardinals. But when I saw my first one 7 years ago, I was so impressed by that intense red color that I almost wanted to say, "Hey, come back! I wanna take a better look!" Gorgeous-looking birds. But it is funny how in the bird world, males have to look really pretty and try really hard to get the girl, and female cardinals are brownish pale red. And where I live now, there are so many different species: cardinals, American robins, bluejays, doves, hawks, even bald eagles! Yet people here are so accustomed to seeing those, just like I was accustomed to seeing sparrows and pigeons back home.

This morning I am grateful for looking into the list of physicians. I want to get my physical exam sometime soon and I am really nervous. Haven't seen a doctor in years. How typical of a codependent person. So this is my big goal for February.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Grateful for the great day we had hiking yesterday (very cold but sunny for a change!)

Grateful that I don't have to be at work until 12 tomorrow.

Grateful for relaxing Sunday's, a wander in the park, coffee at our favourite coffee shop then board games and a yummy dinner (with apple crumble I've been meaning to make for two weeks...)
Old 01-31-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Grateful for a chance to get out on a hike.
Grateful for the chance to see the ice floes on the river.
Grateful for my new hiking shoes.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

So grateful for a 60 degree day in January! And for a wonderful outing with friends, kids, and dogs to enjoy it all.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

All day I debated whether or not to actually go that Candlelight Yoga class I signed up for, for free, last week.

I went. I chose wisely. Grateful for you all, as always.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Along the same lines as SparkleKitty, I debated whether or not to go to my Sunday night Alanon meeting. I knew there was an open meeting at another location and suspected a lot of folks might go there instead, since one of the members of my meeting was one of the speakers. Plus I'd spent a lot of the day doing stuff I had to do and I felt shortchanged on doing stuff I wanted to do...

Hem and haw, hem and haw, hem and haw.

And then I went to the meeting, and it was a GREAT meeting,w/a lot of great, heartfelt shares, reinforcing the messages I've been getting lately, and I was very grateful that the balance tipped towards me going.

"Suit up and show up" seems to be the theme for me lately--whenever I do it, it turns out to be worthwhile.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:09 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
"Suit up and show up"
I need to remember this!

Today I am grateful for music, just music. Keeps me sane when I'm feeling down.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I'm grateful and happy that I was able to get out to my very first live music show in AGES (at least, my very first live music show that wasn't driven by what STBXAH wanted to go see). My new gentleman friend and I went. We had delicious sushi beforehand, and it was very mild outside so it wasn't even a big deal to walk the mile or so from the restaurant to the venue (definitely an unexpected treat in Chicago in January).

I'm also grateful and happy for an unexpected night to myself last night. DS decided at the last minute that he wanted to spend one more night at STBXAH's house, so I was able to relax, clear some things off my DVR, and go to bed early.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Awesome Wisconsin!!!

I'm grateful today for my boyfriend and his 2 little girls. They came over for dinner last night and we had a dance party (initiated by the kids, of course) and the 4 of us danced around the family room and acted all kinds of silly. Turns out his 7 year old is pretty good at break dancing, lol.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
Turns out his 7 year old is pretty good at break dancing, lol.
I think you've got to BE 7 years old to do break dancing, or you're going to BREAK some part of your body, or at least that's how it seems to this 55-year-old, not too graceful gal!!
Old 02-01-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Grateful for peace for my dad. So hard to say goodbye, but so glad any suffering is over.

Grateful for a badass family and friends - truly amazing.

Grateful it was easy to cut out XABF when he fell off the wagon after 50 days sober. Seriously floored at how easy this was in the middle of dads health.

Grateful for SR and making the one above obvious and possible.

Grateful for an understanding job the last month or so.

Grateful for pets - they just know and make it all better.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Bug hugs, firebolt.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Much, much love to you, firebolt.