100 Happy Days, Part 2! Any Takers?

Old 11-03-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Grateful for an excellent cup of coffee and a new job opportunity.

Grateful for a beautiful kind daughter, who took advantage of a beautiful day to take a little road trip to put lovely flowers on her Grandpa's grave.

My Dad passed away in April, but he is on my mind everyday and for that I am grateful too!
Old 11-03-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good job that I've worked very hard at and hopeful to promote soon. My company is a great company that takes care of its employees. I've met some great people that I truly call friends.

Grateful for the time change as my girls are up at the crack of dawn=less morning getting ready struggles and more time for snuggles
Old 11-03-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Day 27 - Yep - on the walk wagon too - Happy for a walk with the dog in the rain to a great friends house for dinner.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Grateful for a chance to participate in the democratic process on this local election day. Our mayoral race was a real nail-biter. We had 3 candidates, which is two more than the last election.
Also loving this beautiful walking weather.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Saturday was a test of my recent "Art of Tidying" efforts. I did it by drawer initially. Each time I do laundry, it is a test on those drawers and the neatness seems to be holding. I'm preparing to do all of my hanging stuff by moving it all into one closet. Even as I push it all into one space, I am weeding out. I'm definitely starting to get it. The level of neatness and minimalism is scary but exciting! In the past I would have stressed myself out trying to do it all at once.

On Sunday I ran my hilliest half marathon yet. It was a gorgeous fall morning and we passed a few of the most iconic views of the city. I was really surprised we got it done in under 3 hours! I am really proud of this one, but in reality it is a training run! My goal runs are in two weeks yet. And I am ready for them.

Monday I woke up early, so I remembered to do the new Chopra/Oprah series. It's about belief. Good. I need help in that area!
Old 11-04-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

#28 - Happy for validation when I wasn't looking for/needing it, lol.

DD, "You know what mom? I think you're right - I don't think anyone listens when you talk.... they definitely don't listen to the entire sentence."

Between RAH & my Best friend I must say "I already explained that, if you had listened to the whole sentence..." about 50 times each week. I repeat myself constantly because in their untreated ADD minds, they stop listening after the first half of the statement. This morning she was listening & "Omg, dad! She already explained that like 3 times... even *I* understand!"
Old 11-04-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Happy for a nice, hot thermos of coffee on a cold, rainy morning!
Old 11-04-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Day 28 - happy for lunch with a friend, and snow! In small amounts on the snow part..
Old 11-04-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

#26 This might sound weird, but I am grateful that the frame of my glasses broke, that Gorilla glue does not help much so I cannot fix them, that I will finally have to get a new pair and that I will have to have an eye exam . . . after 7 years. And I am grateful I was smart enough to get the insurance in February, but I was not that smart to use it. Well now I have to.

#27 I managed to finish one of the projects today. I am grateful to realize that I need a break. Sometimes in life you have to stop and smell the roses.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Happy that my EZ-Pass transponder went missing AFTER I went through the bridge toll last week. The toll didn't show up on my statement until today--almost a week later (usually it's 1-2 days, max), just after I discovered the transponder was missing from my car. Chances are it got knocked off at the car wash, but they haven't found it.

So I had to pay $9 for a new transponder and $9 for a new black case for it, BUT I won't get hit with a fine for a toll violation (as I feared I would, after discovering it was missing along with the charge on my statement for the toll), nor will I be stuck in the EZ-Pass lane with cars lined up behind me when I discover it's missing. All things considered, I got off EZ.

I got some less happy news today, but I'll save that for the Bitch-and-Moan thread.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Grateful to have spoken to a great friend that I adore today and was able to share stories of faith and recovery with her!
Old 11-04-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Grateful this is my night off work so I can wash my hair and do my nails.
Grateful I quit biting my nails. I was a lifelong nail biter (like down to the quick bloody) until I started Alanon and quit taking my stress out on my fingertips.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Grateful that XAH is not dead or in a coma after an apparent hit & run this evening. Long story short, he went to get the mail about 6 PM, in the dark, wearing dark clothes, and remembers only waking up on the sidewalk about 15 feet from the mailbox minus his glasses. He went upstairs thinking he'd rest and be fine. When I got home at 9 PM, he called me to come upstairs. One look at the lump on his head and grossly swollen elbow and I put him in the car to the ER. Four broken ribs, concussion, broken elbow (actually split the bone). He was admitted and will likely be having surgery on the elbow tomorrow. BAC in the ER was 0.12, at least 4 hours after his last drink. Doc estimates 0.2 when the incident happened. Cops came, took info, found his glasses where he said he landed, so I believe this is really what occurred, but will never know if he stepped too close to the road b/c he was drunk or if the alcohol had nothing to do with it.

I am grateful I am no longer married to him so that my concerns are only that which I choose to show, not legal or financial obligations. I am praying for him, nevertheless.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Grateful for SR today.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

That's terrible, honeypig, and frightening at the same time. I'm so sorry.

#29 - Happiness is a long-haired cat that loves to be brushed; coconut oil because I found yet ANOTHER use for it this morning and Bath & Body Works having stackable coupons & sales. I snagged 6 full-sized body washes for myself (5 of them from the aromatherapy line, because honeypig inspired me with her use of scents) & 8 pocket-sized antibacterial gels with the fitted cozy for DD's backpack/(stocking stuffer) for $30.

I will wrap the body wash as a birthday gift to myself for next month & act surprised & delighted when I open it. I already have an awesome gift bag I can't wait to use.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

I will wrap the body wash as a birthday gift to myself for next month & act surprised & delighted when I open it.
Too funny, FS!! And I can use a good laugh today...

Today I am grateful beyond belief for the recovery tools of detachment and turning it over to HP. I would be an absolute mess w/o those.

And again, I am oh so grateful that I am not married to him any more.

And above all, I am grateful for all those here from whom I've learned so much over the past couple of years. If anyone here ever has a bad self-esteem day and wonders if anything they've ever done has made a difference in the world, let me tell you: IT HAS.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Honeypig - so glad it's not worse than it was - and happy to hear where YOUR head is through it.

Day 29 - Grateful for strength to ignore XABF.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Oh, I meant to comment here before when I read this, HP. I'm so sorry, I'm glad he's OK, and (like you) VERY glad you aren't married anymore.

Are you going to be stuck with nursing duty when he comes home? Hope not.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Nope, I have a full-time job, 2 dogs, a house and a big yard to take care of, in addition to some of the new things I'm learning and enjoying.

I'm not making any snap decisions, but he may not be living here a whole lot longer. I called HR at his work to explain that he is in the hospital and the HR lady commented that he has used up so much disability, FMLA and worker's comp over the past year that he may have very little left. I think his job may be in jeopardy at this point, and I am not going to support him. I will ask him to leave while he still has credit/money in the bank. Don't want to be around AFTER he has exhausted all resources.

What a cold-hearted B**** I am, hey?
Old 11-05-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
What a cold-hearted B**** I am, hey?
Nope.

This has been a long-time-coming hasn't it? He's had more warning & time & resources available than many do, for a very long time. How do you say it? ... sounds like the chickens coming home to roost? That's not your doing.