New with recovery question

Old 06-27-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

As a "newbie" you may not realize that bashing any program is not allowed.

AA, Smart, moderation or abstinence did not work for my ex but that doesn't mean none of these work. There are many people here, fighting for their lives using AA and your comments are highly offensive.

I am so very sensitive to posters who use manipulation to make a point. Most of us here have spent a life time being manipulated. We now can see it clearly and it is also offensive.

There is so much information on the internet yet it seems you have come here with a specific agenda. Time always reveals more.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
The choice may or may not be choosing to get treatment. The lady I'm with right now did not get treatment and has been sober for 16 months.

so I guess i'm confused......IF she is sober, did so on her own, and all is well, then why are you HERE? why would treatment even be a topic of interest? why all the debate??? I HAVE to be missing something key here.........

since you seem to find resonance with more secular methods, you might want to check out that forum as well?

and just for the record, I have seen AMAZING success stories in AA and NA. it works wonderfully well for anyone willing to put in the effort. same as the gym, or learning software code, mountain climbing, etc. it's a program of ACTION. its not like a tanning booth, where you just sit/lie there and get recovery zapped all over you!
All you say is good..

I'm hear to learn, never too old regardless of the situation and how long a problem exists. You're not missing anything. I'm anal about learning and staying ahead of things.

We'll disagree about AA and NA.....
Old 06-27-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
The choice may or may not be choosing to get treatment. The lady I'm with right now did not get treatment and has been sober for 16 months.

so I guess i'm confused......IF she is sober, did so on her own, and all is well, then why are you HERE? why would treatment even be a topic of interest? why all the debate??? I HAVE to be missing something key here.........

since you seem to find resonance with more secular methods, you might want to check out that forum as well?

and just for the record, I have seen AMAZING success stories in AA and NA. it works wonderfully well for anyone willing to put in the effort. same as the gym, or learning software code, mountain climbing, etc. it's a program of ACTION. its not like a tanning booth, where you just sit/lie there and get recovery zapped all over you!
Please don't be confused. I'm not looking for treatment, I'm looking for knowledge and wisdom.

That's great that you've have success with AA and NA. I have not. No more to be said.

And I've already checked out the secular section.

Please offer positive comments. looking for that. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FindingMe2 View Post
As a "newbie" you may not realize that bashing any program is not allowed.

AA, Smart, moderation or abstinence did not work for my ex but that doesn't mean none of these work. There are many people here, fighting for their lives using AA and your comments are highly offensive.

I am so very sensitive to posters who use manipulation to make a point. Most of us here have spent a life time being manipulated. We now can see it clearly and it is also offensive.

There is so much information on the internet yet it seems you have come here with a specific agenda. Time always reveals more.
So what's your point if you can't offer positive comments like others do?
Old 06-27-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
I have refrained from chiming in on all the pts of view until I read them all but I'm sorry this is just WRONG. If you think what you wrote here is just a natural thing in a relationship to use manipulation in the way you speak you are a very disturbed person with a twisted view of what a healthy relationship is all about. It sounds like you've never ever had one yourself and didn't have healthy role models for healthy relationships if this is your POV (Point Of View). That is very sad! I hope you learn how to have healthy relationships in the time you have left on earth.
I'm sorry you don't have the capability of offering help.

I've enjoyed a great life, and if I died tomorrow it surly has been great. I've had a great childhood, education, friends, and a loving relationship with a lady that lasted 48 years, with only the last 5 a real problem, so I've had 43 good years. HAVE YOU HAD THAT, AND IF YOU HAVEN'T, then don't criticize me.... I'm only looking for more help. And I've done that all my life.

You just don't understand my comments about manipulation, and Im not going to debate that.

I'm only here for help, so if you can't help, please don't offer anything. Your comments are totally inappropriate.