He had an affair. I am obviously blind

Old 01-07-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

I asked my general Dr. for a recommendation for a therapist. He is also rAH's dr. so new the situation fully. I went with his recommendation, however she is not as knowledgeable on additions as I would have liked her to be, but I have grown to trust her opinions.

Just a suggestion that you might contact your regular dr and see who he might recommend. If it doesn't work out or feel right after a couple of sessions don't feel like you have to stay with a T. It is a special relationship and they will understand. They may even refer you to someone who is a better fit. This is a hard relationship to establish because of the intimate details we share with this person.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Thanks so very much for your suggestions and stories. I dont know how to judge his "active" addiction since he is doing the RR, and yes I know, only for a week or so.
I dont know how to judge when it is 'inactive'

I had a therapist many years ago for myself and eventually brought in narcisistic BF. My therapist who I had known for only my therapy had known of my BF only through my stories and helped me get through it...URGED me to drop him in a hot minute. That guy was so on the money, it only took about a month at the point for me to get out.
Best decision I had ever made at that point.
Now, he did not at all betray the couples counsling, he had said to me "sometimes you can love someone and they can love you back, but the incompatibilties in lifestyle cannot be rectified and its no ones fault'
I am pretty sure he raised an eyebrow too at that point.

I am still working this situation all out right now, and although I feel more 'together' with my own self, I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. So I think after this week, I might call that therapist and see if he is still practicing and see what he thinks.

Believe it or not, he did me the world of good. Despite where I am today.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Booo, that is truly a blessing. I pray your old T is still practicing and I hope you can see him soon.