Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 3

Old 09-29-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Normies don't wish and hope for things like getting a DUI, getting the car repossessed, going to jail, getting fired because maybe it will be their wake up call. Then when one or more said things do actually happen, it has no effect!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jacrazz View Post
Normies don't wish and hope for things like getting a DUI, getting the car repossessed, going to jail, getting fired because maybe it will be their wake up call. Then when one or more said things do actually happen, it has no effect!
I hoped for all those things to happen to my husband so he could finally hit his bottom. Everyone one of those things happened to him in a short period of time and it has not made any difference. He still drinks everyday and has an excuse why all these events were not his fault and not proof that he is an alcoholic.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newme2013 View Post
I hoped for all those things to happen to my husband so he could finally hit his bottom. Everyone one of those things happened to him in a short period of time and it has not made any difference. He still drinks everyday and has an excuse why all these events were not his fault and not proof that he is an alcoholic.
Its like watching a Horror movie waiting for the next scene ....
Old 09-29-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Alcoholics marry co-dependents hoping they never change; co-dependents marry alcoholics praying they will. Both tend to end up bitterly disappointed.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Johnny152 View Post
Alcoholics marry co-dependents hoping they never change; co-dependents marry alcoholics praying they will. Both tend to end up bitterly disappointed.
We both love to dance to the same sad song!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phigment View Post
1. Normies don't sneak sips of their partner's water to see if it's all, or partly, vodka.
2. Normies don't keep an updated list of the number of Hydrocodone in their partner's medicine bottle to make sure they're not abusing their 'script.
3. Normies don't cringe every time their partner leaves the room to get something from another part of the house.
4. Normies don't quietly sneak after their partner like a ninja (see no. 3) to see if they're sneaking a drink or to get an idea of where the latest hidden stash is.
5. Normies don't peek through the blinds to watch their partner take the dogs into the back yard, in case there's a stash under the back deck, again.
6. Normies don't hang on every word to see if there's a tell-tale slur.
7. Normies don't go through the trash after someone else volunteers to take it out, to see if there are 'empties' buried in the mix.
8. Normies don't wait for their partner to go to bed to do no. 7 at night with a flashlight at times.
9. Normies don't wait till their partner is asleep to go check under the seats and in the truck of the other's car.
10. Normies don't leave empty, hidden vodka bottles they've found, on the counter to say, "Ah Hah, I KNEW you were drinking!" after they've been made to feel like they're crazy and just imagining things.
Omg!!! I can check off all ten. For the love of pete, what was I thinking?
Old 09-30-2013, 12:39 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
sadlady

normies wouldnt know what feeling like a door mat feels like or being on a emotional roller coaster ride and you dont when you are getting on or off the ride; but know it will be not fun!!!!! and then hearing the i love you s without any I am sorries....
Old 09-30-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
sadlady

Old 09-30-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
sadlady

and im not married to my abf; but normies dont wish that their love one to just take that last drink and keel over dead to save us all from their heart ache. Just saying , not really wanting it. But normies would never have that in their heart!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 01:03 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Jeez - we weren't even living together but stayed regularly at one or others houses and I ticked off 6!!! Sad, very sad
Old 09-30-2013, 02:42 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I don't know if anyone's ever posted this one:
Normies never have to wake up and redirect their sleepwalking partners to get them to pee in the toilet, not in the closet.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:00 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

.Here's just a funny story about a lying alcoholic who routinely pees in drinking glasses because 50 feet is to far to walk to the toilet. Already funny, no? So, codie partner walls into kitchen & sees A partner at the sink & looking suspicious...
Codie: What are you doing?
AP: Nothing, just fixing dinner.
Codie: Okay. [Stand and waits a few minutes]
AP: [Turns to walk toward stove with privates sticking out of pants]
Codie: Why is your ***** sticking out of your zipper?
AP: [Looks down in overdone "surprise"] Whoa! How did that happen?!

Oh my Gawd.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Normies wouldn't have to throw up first thing in the morning in the kitchen sink because they took a swig of what looked like grapefruit juice......AH had poured a strong vodka in a glass with a dash of grapefruit juice. Silly me thought he had been thoughtful enough to pour me a juice for breakfast Ugh!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Normies don't look over every night to see their comtose husband who barely says a word and then when I do look over at him, he says, what are you looking at? Then he says mind your on business.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

<not me, but still> Normies don't wait for their AH to fall asleep in a drunkin' stupor so they can beat him with the broom handle without him waking up..... "Man, I'm sore...musta gotten into a fight at the bar again last night....." - is insanity contagious?
Old 09-30-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Normies dont get text messages saying 'you are the worst thing to ever happen to me' when I have saved AH his job and got him into rehab...
Old 09-30-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Normies dont get text messages saying 'you are the worst thing to ever happen to me' when I have saved AH his job and got him into rehab...
Well, Duh! from an alkie's perspective, saving their job and getting them into rehad is down right rude! lol
Old 09-30-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Yep Johnny152 the gratitude has been overwhelming from AH..he sent another text 'I never want to see you again' so that he can order weekly 8 bottles of vodka and 8 bottles of fizzy wine from home delivery to his new flat...stuff his job and the rehab was in his words 'never a long term option' nice way to end our marriage!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear this. May you find health, help, healing and hope.....

Peace.....
Old 09-30-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
sadlady

Funny you mention Text messages... I sent a text to my ABF cause he is out of state and said your will probably forget me.... and I was just being sweet etc. and i get a raging text back " you are stupid, just stupid" ... QUit wasting my time and just go away and F... Off.. That was my nice text from him.. Have not heard a word except a " me too " this morning... Because I reached out to him this am and say I love him...
I am just preplexed over the major response I got from my text last night.
I was up all night crying and no sleep... OVER THIS? GEEZ and a major big UGGH!!
I quess he broke up with me for no apparent reason,,, but there you go.. leaving me stunned.!