Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 3

Old 09-30-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
sadlady

martina 12 , I am soo sorry. ! I am heart broken, but I never married him, just feel in love! Dont know how to unlove at this point..
HUGS TO YOU.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teresasue View Post
Funny you mention Text messages... I sent a text to my ABF cause he is out of state and said your will probably forget me.... and I was just being sweet etc. and i get a raging text back " you are stupid, just stupid" ... QUit wasting my time and just go away and F... Off.. That was my nice text from him.. Have not heard a word except a " me too " this morning... Because I reached out to him this am and say I love him...
I am just preplexed over the major response I got from my text last night.
I was up all night crying and no sleep... OVER THIS? GEEZ and a major big UGGH!!
I quess he broke up with me for no apparent reason,,, but there you go.. leaving me stunned.!
Teresasue, you got a lot going on. Won't you start your own thread and tell us about yourself?
Old 09-30-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
sadlady

I am not ready to talk about me nor start a thread just yet. My pain is way too raw to start up... In time. thanks
Old 10-02-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Normies don't find alcohol in random places...like the garden!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Good post..
Old 10-03-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forworse View Post
Normies don't find alcohol in random places...like the garden!
Or under the front porch steps! When I found it there, only because he kept going down the front steps, I was like... NO YOU DIDN'T! JEEZ. WTF is he doing to us?!

And here's one I don't think I've shared.

Normies don't shut the dryer off downstairs to pinpoint the vodka bottle in the upstairs closet n hear him unscrew the cap and glub, glub, glub then hear the bottle hit the carpeted closet floor every time you take laundry down to seperate it! It took me 2 trips down to make sure I really heard what I thought I did!

Went up n got it out (he swore up n down he was not drinking; post accident) n said... you ain't drinking... I can hear you chugging it but I'm stupid! Here's your effin bottle! I didn't even dump it!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Normies don't worry that the reason AH wants me to buy the green fizzy water bottles to go in his packed lunch is so he can fill them with vodka....
Old 10-03-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Aww sorry to hear that. Your behavior is normal, his is not. Just keep saying that to yourself.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

sorry the message above was for terasue.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Normies see a lovely looking couple having a nice stroll drinking coffee on a Sunday morning and don't have a clue that one of those cups have beer in it....lol and smh!!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Normies don't get upset when their husband comes back from the doctor and he has no medical issues so far. There goes the hope for rehab.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

I Hear you or going for a walk and one of us is drunk and it isn't me.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Normie Nursing students aren't looking forward to the Mental health/Addiction part of the program so they can say "I am going to rock this"......im sure they wonder why I'm such and active participant in class.....
Old 10-04-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Normie's don't know what its like to waste so much time on problems that are not your own.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Normie's don't know what its like to lose most of the feelings they once had for their aw and enjoy the peace of them being away at treatment. Again.

Normie's don't know the rules. No keys and no cell phones past the front desk.

Normie's don't know how good it feels to get sincere complements from strangers instead of half ass quacking from your aw.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

normies don't smell the cups in the cupboard in the morning and look to see if they are still wet to see if someone had just rinsed out their favorite "drinking mug" and stuck it back in the cupboard like it wasn't used....next time use soap and dry it out...I can smell the vodka and it was still wet inside!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Normies don't get the horror shudders at the mention of vodka.....
Normies can say they had a vodka and tonic at a party without it bringing on a whole raft of horror memories of XAH and vodka...
Old 10-04-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Normies don't shudder knowing that their ah is coming home from work.
Normies don't shudder when the weekend is here and you don't know how he is going to be
Normies don't shudder at the sound of ice cubes.
Normies don't get the cold shoulder because he should is mad at me, for who knows what? But everything is all my fault.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Normies aren't still on Drunken Darkside Daryl's rollercoaster ride from hell when there is no drinking.

Normies don't think "God, did they only love me because they were drunk all the time?!"
Old 10-04-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Oh, man! Some sad ones. I feel you guys. Normies don't think, "Well, he's not THAT bad," about their A when they hear other Al Anons talk about physical abuse and drunks who fall down EVERY night (vs. Once every few months).
Normies don't spend 2 weeks writing a hopefully convincing declaration for the courts so that they will believe AX is unpredictable in his safety with toddler son and actually has legitimate addiction.