Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 3

Old 09-13-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snood View Post
Stemming from this, a normie wouldn't be hoping that his/her A partner gets a warning bout of pancreatitis before their liver is damaged or something worse occurs.
Mine did ... in and out of hospital maybe ten or twelve times in six months. He was drinking again within four weeks of his last stay, and hasn't stopped since - just tried to hide it a bit for the first six months or so. I didn't realise until he got drunk after my mum's funeral (month after his last bout) so I had to be the supervising driver for my teenage son on the two hour drive home, and made us stop off at a bottle shop on the way.

Apparently he's allergic to codeine, and that's what caused the pancreatitis. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop (two years later, I don't think it will)
Old 09-13-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Normies look forward to Fridays.

Normies do not dread their spouse's time off.

Normies hate Mondays.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
I'm just that girl

Normies don't love and hate their spouse at the same time.

Normies don't downplay the problem..."Well, at least it's not hard alcohol...." like, wtf is that supposed to mean, anyway?

Normies don't get embarrassed to take out the recycle bin every Tuesday....nor will a Normie have "regulars" who come and empty out said recycle bin into their own bins for recycling....maybe to fuel their own habits. "Hi, Philip! Lots of cans today..."

Normies don't have a special sense that let's them know EXACTLY when someone is lying. That feeling doesn't even make you sad or upset anymore, it's expected. It's when you DON'T feel that feeling when you say, "Wtf is he up to and how'd he get so smart?!"
Old 09-14-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Normies have personal goals and work to achieve them.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Normies don't have to justify every move or action they take.
Normies don't have to watch their husband pass out all the time.
Normies don't dread evenings knowing that the bar is open at home and it is the weekend so it's a free for all in drinking.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Normies don't have a STACK of W2's at tax time due to A's inability to hold down a job!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

At tax time normies don't find out that their husband has been lying about getting unemployment when they ask him for his 1099. Their husbands don't lie and say they were laid off from a job when they were actually fired. And those phone calls he says he is making to unemployment every week in front of you to file a claim are fake. Instead of just telling the truth he cashed out his retirement and all the joint savings bonds we had and said that was the money he was getting from unemployment. A normie also wouldn't know that when confronted about this lie their husband would not apologize but instead play the victim role and whine about how unfair it was of this job to fire because they found out he lied on his application about his multiple DUI's, how unfair it is that he can't collect unemployment, and how awful it has been having to keep up this act for months because he didn't want his awful wife to be mad. A normie also wouldn't understand how I stayed married to this idiot for 4 more years after this.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

A normie wouldn't spend lots of time weeping as she considered leaving a man she dearly loved and whom she believed loved her.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I love this post, it helps me to laugh and vent at the same time. A normie wouldn't love this post or even know about it.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Normies don't know how to gauge BAC by the level of blood in the bloodshot eyes.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by winnie1202 View Post
Normies don't know how to gauge BAC by the level of blood in the bloodshot eyes.
Or watch said blood shot eyes roll in their head in a dark room lit by the TV and hear them say, I haven't been drinking! God...
Old 09-15-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

A normie would not-not-not tell a friend or member of this board to RUN and run fast, when their loved one is diagnosed with a terrible disease.

Old 09-16-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

A normie wouldn't constantly be looking for keys, bank cards etc cos they can't remember the last hiding place they put them in.
A normie wouldn't just step over their passed out husband to go out the house to work.
A normie wouldn't have to think twice about whether her AH (whom she is still married to and lives with) 'other woman' can call to see how he is.
A normie wouldn't have to call the police to stop AH turning up at her fathers hospital appointments drunk.
A normie wouldn't have to sleep in bed with a bag full of all her most precious things in case he got hold of them and destroyed them.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jacrazz View Post
I love how the iPhone has a "hide contacts" feature!!
Lol...usually find the best option is to factory reset the phone......it then takes such a long time to gather up contacts again that by the time he gets round to my family I have usually got hold of the phone and reset it again. No more abusive/worrying calls to my family.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missus View Post
Mine did ... in and out of hospital maybe ten or twelve times in six months. He was drinking again within four weeks of his last stay, and hasn't stopped since - just tried to hide it a bit for the first six months or so. I didn't realise until he got drunk after my mum's funeral (month after his last bout) so I had to be the supervising driver for my teenage son on the two hour drive home, and made us stop off at a bottle shop on the way.

Apparently he's allergic to codeine, and that's what caused the pancreatitis. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop (two years later, I don't think it will)
Well, footballer George Best got a new liver, and went on to drink himself to death.

Try Googling 'Portal Hypertension' and 'Varices' if you want to put the wind up an Alki.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SurvivingAgain View Post
A normie wouldn't have to sleep in bed with a bag full of all her most precious things in case he got hold of them and destroyed them.

A normie would not still be doing that a year after she made the drunk leave. However, I keep it next to the bed. With a fully charged cell phone, car keys etc.

I can't help it! It makes me feel safe. He nearly killed us all by an "accidental" (read DRUNKEN) cooking fire while we slept and the kids and I had to run into the street and bash on neighbours doors for help to call the firemen.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

A normie wouldnt know that when given the chance to attend rehab and then have supervised visitation with his children following, a man can instead write a note stating "I will never bow down to you." and sign away his rights to his children. A normie wouldn't know that a man can choose a drug over being a father and still live with himself.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

a normie doesn't have to let the police in the house by going through an unlocked window because the AW locked the front door and my keys were in the house!

a normie doesn't have multiple police reports proving the chaos

a normie doesnt know what a normie is
Old 09-25-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
KKE

They don't have songs like this dedicated to them (basically telling them that all of the problems are in their head): Daniel Merriweather - Red Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Romantic hey?
Old 09-25-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

a normie wouldn't go to bed at night to feel the bed shaking from his spasms in which I have no idea what that is?

a normie wouldn't be okay one day and then a basket case the next day

a normie wouldn't be wondering why the AH is all of sudden hiding part of his alcohol purchase downstairs

a normie wouldn't be worried about what the next step in a relationship is

a normie wouldn't be sitting on the edge of their seat waiting to hear what the doctor has to say after years of prodding him to go