SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/307232-things-normie-wouldnt-know-part-3-a.html)

DesertEyes 09-11-2013 05:32 PM

Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 3

This is the continuation of:

Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 2

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

Mike :)
Moderator, SR

amy55 09-11-2013 05:47 PM

normies wouldn't know that if their H disappeared for 2 months, refused phone calls, then came home, that they would walk in and say "well at least we weren't fighting that time, so how about some sex."

LadySage 09-11-2013 05:49 PM

"Normies" don't spend time on their honey moon google'ing for information on how much acetaminophen causes liver damage and percocet/alcohol interactions.

"Normies" don't assume their husband is at the bar every time he isn't home

"Normies" don't hope their husband gets caught and goes to jail just so he gets sober

amy55 09-11-2013 05:51 PM

Normies don't call the cops to give their H's license plate number and tell them the most likely route they took, so that they can get him off the road.

HopefulinFLA 09-11-2013 06:30 PM

Wow! Part 3!

amy55 09-11-2013 06:52 PM

Normies wouldn't know how it feels like to either be called a lesbian (no offense here) , or just go to the bar and get laid to get out of your b!tchy self.

amy55 09-11-2013 07:01 PM

Normies wouldn't understand someone saying "you take the bulk garbage out more often then you take me out, and then being told well at least you still have a sense of humor.

Bulk garbage went out every 3 months..............

amy55 09-11-2013 07:03 PM

Sorry for monopolizing on here. I'm trying to do better..............

DesertEyes 09-11-2013 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by amy55 (Post 4175269)
Sorry for monopolizing on here. I'm trying to do better..............

No worries :) Post all you want, that's what SR is for. This is a "let it all out" thread, does not "belong" to anybody, so fill it up, there's tons and tons of room on the server ;)

Mike :)

forworse 09-11-2013 07:33 PM

Just found this thread! :-) awesome!

Normies dont know what its like to google how much klonopin is dangerous

Normies dont know its their fault when their spouse drinks

Normies dont have a safe full of crappy vodka they will never drink.

Themeanone 09-11-2013 08:43 PM

Normies don't have to sleep with their pain medication from surgery, in their pajama pocket.
Normies go places and do things with their bfs that don't revolve around drinking.
( holy cow, I almost wrote "with their bf's that don't REQUIRE drinking".

amy55 09-11-2013 09:39 PM

Normies don't go into the garage and sleep in their car

Normies don't start smoking again for a reason to go into the garage to get away from their H

BeatleChick 09-11-2013 09:45 PM

Normies don't know what it's like to be treated kindly by people and question why others are being so nice and/or don't believe them and/or brush it off in an uncomfortable way.

Normies don't know what it's like to be practically numb to their spouse's disappointing shet like "I can control my drinking. Ima only have one." when you effing KNOW it's never just one and that they just don't get it. You go from flipping out to "oh ok. Whatever." in a matter of months.

Normies don't know what it's like to put their spouse's calls/texts into the spam folder so they aren't bothered by bullshet unless they CHOOSE to look in the spam folder.

Arg. It's been a night. I am doing ok. But I swear, if he could only smell the shet that comes from his mouth.

amy55 09-11-2013 09:45 PM

Normies don't develop PTSD from their marriage

Norimies don't go to marriage counseling and the therpist fires their H as a client, while they tell you that they would be glad to continue seeing you throughout the divorce process, when you never even mentioned your were getting a divorce.

and if they did, normies would certainly not have heard the therapist thought I was fine, and that you are crazy, thats why she wants to continue to see you.

BeatleChick 09-11-2013 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by amy55 (Post 4175508)
Normies don't develop PTSD from their marriage

Amg. Yes.

amy55 09-11-2013 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by BeatleChick (Post 4175506)
Normies don't know what it's like to be treated kindly by people and question why others are being so nice and/or don't believe them and/or brush it off in an uncomfortable way.

Normies don't know what it's like to be practically numb to their spouse's disappointing shet like "I can control my drinking. Ima only have one." when you effing KNOW it's never just one and that they just don't get it. You go from flipping out to "oh ok. Whatever." in a matter of months.

Normies don't know what it's like to put their spouse's calls/texts into the spam folder so they aren't bothered by bullshet unless they CHOOSE to look in the spam folder.

Arg. It's been a night. I am doing ok. But I swear, if he could only smell the shet that comes from his mouth.

Ok, don't start------ you'll get me going

Normies don't know that you can put quacking ducks on your phone as a ringtone so that you don't answer the phone, actually I didn't know how to do that, so I put on "unwell" by Rob Thomas

JessicawithHope 09-11-2013 10:09 PM

Normies don't understand what it is like to want another child, but can't have one because the AH is afraid his drinking might cause a birth defect or more stress on the family. Alcohol wins again. A child is left with no siblings and a mother mourns the loss of the child she never had...

NWGRITS 09-11-2013 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by amy55 (Post 4175519)
Ok, don't start------ you'll get me going

Normies don't know that you can put quacking ducks on your phone as a ringtone so that you don't answer the phone, actually I didn't know how to do that, so I put on "unwell" by Rob Thomas

My AM's phone calls would be obvious. Her ringtone is the Wicked Witch of the West theme.

amy55 09-11-2013 10:22 PM

After being verbally and emotionally abused for years and trying to actually stand up and say something about it

I'm sure a normie would never hear "you can verbally abuse me all you want, as long as you still f_ _ k me at night. So what's your complaint, because I'll still f_ _k you tonight.

Also sure that a normie would not hear ----- "so who are you going to blame for your miserable life once I'm gone"?

amy55 09-11-2013 10:26 PM

Normies wouldn't have their therapist, his therapist and my lawyer shedding tears....Also had some cops shedding tears. Normies wouldn't know anything at all about this.