My husband was in a motorcycle accident - Part 1

Old 07-19-2013, 09:19 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Well, that pool is your pamper if you want it to be. Go for it! Enjoy it!!

While you are floating around in your well earned pampered paradise pool (which you deserve!), Let him do what he needs for himself... and you can be floating away thinking about how to move forward with your own stuff.

Even if you have to stay there for awhile doesn't mean you have to be responsible for his every need! He is all grown and capable of making his own decisions, (good, bad, or ugly!) clearly he is already doing that....let him do it.

All the while you can be making yours! Nothing is impossible and there are many options... You just have to be open to thinking outside the box to take care of YOU!

He is gonna damn well do what he is gonna do... You can't control that.

Take care of you!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kat60 View Post
He is gonna damn well do what he is gonna do... You can't control that.

Take care of you!
Exactly. I'm going to Let Go & Let God & take care of me & the Girls.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

And we are always here... So keep coming back! You are soooo not alone!

Many have gone before you and you will help others too with your story and your strength!

Thank you for sharing!
Hang tough girl!
xo
Old 07-19-2013, 09:53 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
Exactly. I'm going to Let Go & Let God & take care of me & the Girls.
I've always found that when I'm at a point where I have no idea how I'm going to make it/have enough to get by/be ok, that somehow the universe gives me just enough, just what I need, to survive.

I know you will be ok. You and your beautiful girls!

Hugs.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:01 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

i'm so sorry to read this.
i guess he is also driving against doctor's advice, to obtain booze.
i agree, stop living to save his sorry ungrateful assss. start living for you, your great dogs, and beeyootiful granddaughter.
if you can put him and his crap behavior in the background noise for now.
thing is, he forced your hand and did what you said you would not tolerate....so he thinks you have no real boundary...so he may think he's ok to keep drinking, you aren't leaving, you're still there taking care of things.
if he is drinking and driving again...you can't ignore it, cos he might not be so lucky and will cause harm to others. can you untangle him from your car insurance?
Old 07-20-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I cannot Fandy. We can not have 2 sperate policies.

He's still sleeping and I'm praying he stays asleep for another hour n a half. That will let me get out of the house before he can to get the truck done. I've beenhiding the keys better. I do not want him driving right now! I told him if he's going to drink he's not driving under the influence! It's time to grow the EFF up!

I swear, he is worse than a teenager with an entitlement crisis.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

and you get to play mean mommie...you did not get married for this crap. take the keys with you to work, etc, cos he might have gotten a duplicate set made.

i hope you enjoy your saturday any way you can.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

I'm just done playing his game. That's all it is anymore is a game.

My Saturday consist of 4 hours of sleep after a 16hour shift to be met with a 12 tonight. Pretty exciting... NOT! I'm tired. I've worked 70 hours this past week, not counting the time I spent on bathing an alcoholic, wound care n Dr appointments. All to get drunk.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry -That sounds awful and tiring. Except the pool part

In a healthy situation after a week like that, he would be taking care of you! The part of the disease thats so painful is that I swear it makes it so they can't see past the end of their own noses...and wouldn't know a good thing (event ,person or otherwise) if it kicked them in the face.

You have fun in that new pool of yours. YOU can be happy despite! A cabana boy might help if you can squeeze him into the budget...palm fronds. ..cold beverages. ..all that. Hang in there Rotz!
Old 07-20-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

A couple nice cold ones would be nice but I just can't bring myself to have it at the house. Maybe in my next lifetime.

He was quacking this am. Saying he wasn't going to be an ass n he had a headache n that's the reason he drank. Well, I've got a 194lb hemmeroid!
Old 07-20-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

I wish you could send him somewhere for a few weeks (is his mother available)?....while he is recovering on disability anyway. but he is not going to wrap his brain around recovery if he is inventing excuses so it's an exercise in futility.

what makes me angry is his selfishness. This accident was 100% his fault and the monetary fallout, the extra work and stress on you, the anguish, the upset, the lost sleep, the emotional trauma YOU have endured...and he still whines about you needing to be forgetting the accident and his headache? that's his excuse to continue to drink?

He needs more help than you can give him.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

His mother is an alcoholic too. Same as his 2 sisters n brother. Not one ever followed through to see how he was and truth is, neither did I.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

I'm going to bed! I've beenup for 28 hrs n I have to be at work in 7 hours for a 12.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

BoxinRotz, always keep in the front of your mind---that it is beyond your reach.

Yes, let go and let god.

dandylion
Old 07-20-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Drunk again and I'm just glad I'm at work.

He's pissed at me because I asked my dad something I asked him and when I told him what dad said, he said, you never believe me! You don't trust my word.

I don't believe, with the way he is going that his body is going to keep up. He is getting very, very tired and is currently taking anti seizure meds with at least a pint of vodka a day, not to mention Tylenol. I have not checked the bank nor am I going to. I don't want to know. All I know is that I smell it and his demeanor are not normal for him proclaiming sobriety. It's not jiving and I'm not prying.

He asked me today if I could still love him after he lost his hair. I told him I would love him no matter how he looked. I also told him that his looks have nothing to do with how I feel about him but the alcoholism is killing my love for him. He said, I'm not concerned about that. I just have to look good.

I don't believe he's going to get out of this addiction alive. It would be a miracle if he woke up one day and surrendered to the Lord, Our God. I pray for him, but I can't help him.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry....

You are right, you can't help him...

Please help yourself and take care of yourself. You deserve so much better.

Hang tough girl!
Old 07-21-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

BoxinRotz, it is really beside the point--but, for my own curiosity---how in the H*** is he getting it--you have the keys to the truck hidden????

dandylion
Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I have to sleep and he went through my work bags. He found the Jetta keys.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:30 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

I've been working 16 hour shifts this week. I'm working a 12 right now and finishing up til Monday. He's clearly taking advantage of the situation as I am only averaging at best 5 hours of sleep a day since last Sunday.

Once I fall asleep, an elephant could crawl in bed with me and I wouldn't know it. And when I get up, here's Mr. Innocent sitting on the couch like he's not moved all effing day.

I can not babysit the eff'er. Just as someone above posted, I don't have to cook for him, do his laundry, fill his pills or anything else either and I believe, it sound like a great idea as I have had it with his ********. I'm not his Mom, I'm not his maid, nor am I his Bitch. As far as I'm concerned... at this point, our marriage is on hold until he decides to pull his head out of his ass.

He's not the only sorry soul to have a rough life. I'm so sick of his lame excuses on why he drinks. The latest is a headache and body aches. To be honest, I've got a headache, my kidneys hurt because I drink to much coffee, my heart flubs like a bowl of jello when I lay down and rest and, I'm stressed beyond believe because it's been one thing after another in regards to life since my sister killed herself last year. I have not had time to catch my breath from that let alone Jim's dumbassed decisions. I have had it!!! I may just blow a gasket tomorrow on him about every effin thing!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I realize I'm simply stating the obvious here, but it sounds like something has to give, right? Since he does not see the need to change, then that change will have to be with you (I know, I know--again, just stating the overly obvious).

At one point you said you had a plan in place if he decided to drink again. Now you are so exhausted that the thought of it is too overwhelming. I can 'hear' how exhausted you are and how much more exhausted you become every day.

Will you have a day or two off of work soon? If so, what do you think you could do to just put a few things in place for yourself?

If finding a place to live for you and your girls is the first thing, perhaps take one afternoon that you have off and work on that.
If securing at least one of the vehicles away from your husband is needed, maybe park the truck in long-term storage and put the key in a safe deposit box to which only you have access ('course you can only do this if both vehicles are in your name only).
If he looks through your things while you are asleep, perhaps lock them in the trunk of your car and sleep with the car key under your pillow (or a lock box chained to the head of the bed that has one of those alarm pins attached in case someone tries to open it).

I hope and pray that you will get the break you need from all this stress very soon! I also hope you will be able to get a bit more sleep soon. Sending many hugs and prayers!