Need prayers please

Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need prayers please

Maybe this isn't the place to post this, but I divorced my alcholic husband, then after a few months went back and to no avail the promises were broken and I can't handle any more at my age. I moved in with him and now I am leaving. I rented a uhaul for tomorrow and he PROMISED me he would stay sober to help me move since I have no family close. Just help me pray if he ever kept a promise to me it would be this time. I have given my all to him and this is all I am asking in return. Thank you for your prayers.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have to ask, how old are you and why did you go back?

I'm sorry for what you are going through. It was the opposite for me, my husband divorced me because of my drinking and then for over three years he wanted me back, NO WAY!!!! He was one of my biggest triggers. He flipped when I finally met someone after three years... What a nut, he divorced me, that was his choice, but either way, I would never, ever fathom going back to him. Living with him was hell and he gave me every reason to keep drinking and no reason to stop. :ghug3
Old 01-11-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vegibean View Post
I have to ask, how old are you and why did you go back?

I'm sorry for what you are going through. It was the opposite for me, my husband divorced me because of my drinking and then for over three years he wanted me back, NO WAY!!!! He was one of my biggest triggers. He flipped when I finally met someone after three years... What a nut, he divorced me, that was his choice, but either way, I would never, ever fathom going back to him. Living with him was hell and he gave me every reason to keep drinking and no reason to stop. :ghug3
I will be 63 in February. And why I went back is beyond me. I suppose I just wanted to BELIEVE he would change like he said he would. I should have known, I was raised with an alcoholic mother and I remember how she was. Why I thought this relationship would be different I don't have a clue. He like most alcoholics, is the best man in the world when he is sober, but the drinking is becoming more and more and I can't handle it any longer.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
My emotional baggage

Good Luck Punkin50. I will hope for an uneventful move for you......
Old 01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Honey, I'm so sorry. Can I tell you, it's why this time around I picked a man who has never done a drug, has drank maybe four times in his life and never smoked either. I have to take care of me, and I relapsed on him, and I'm getting myself back on track because not only am I worth it, but he is too, he loves me, cares about me and supports me.

I hope you will keep sharing and posting, I'll be around here tonight because it's been a long week. This will be my first Friday in a several months that I haven't stopped and picked up a bottle of wine because "it's Friday." Hang in there, and again, I am sorry, I'm sure you feel devastated.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Punkin50 View Post
I will be 63 in February. And why I went back is beyond me. I suppose I just wanted to BELIEVE he would change like he said he would. I should have known, I was raised with an alcoholic mother and I remember how she was. Why I thought this relationship would be different I don't have a clue. He like most alcoholics, is the best man in the world when he is sober, but the drinking is becoming more and more and I can't handle it any longer.
Reading this just brought memories to me, I remember thinking that my now XAH was so nice when he did not drink!!! However that just made him a dry drunk!!, so It was my illusion of control that thought "He stop drinking because of me", so the illussion made me think he was a nice person, he was/is my fix, that is why he is toxic to me, NC is a must!
Good luck to you and really hope for the best!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Punkin50, I am so sorry for your plight. Take courage, it will be better when you are away and on your own. I am your age, and every day that goes by since I left on July 4th is better than a day back there.

Can you get someone lined up to help you tomorrow if your AH doesn't come through? Try calling your minister, or maybe Alanon or the domestic violence people. There will be somebody somewhere to help if you need them - just keep looking!

If you can't get out through the door, try the window.

ShootingStar1
Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I just talked to my ex a bit ago, he sure doesn't sound like he will be able to move anything. It just makes me so angry and I don't know why, I have NEVER ask him for anything but this one thing and THIS IS WHAT I GET. I know ShootingStar1, I can't wait to start a new life. I am sure I can come up with someone, again, I was stupid enough to believe him.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am sorry Punkin, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a way to get out of this situation. Can you hire movers?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Not trying to add to your stress, but having an expectation of support from an active alcoholic is like going to the hardware store for bread.

I should know, I've wandered the aisles of Home Depot looking for muffins

Find some real friends to help you move. Or move it one lousy piece at a time if you have to. I did the Uhaul move with my best girlfriend, a few months later (after taking the asshat back), I made him come and get his stuff out of my house-with two local cops monitoring. Sigh.....

That's what my life came to.

I'm a little younger than you, not much.

Good luck!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZiggyB View Post
I am sorry Punkin, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a way to get out of this situation. Can you hire movers?
I wish I could hire movers, but the sorry ???? has took my life along with my money the last two years. I talked to him a bit ago and he is just wasted!!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Angry

Originally Posted by celticgenes View Post
Not trying to add to your stress, but having an expectation of support from an active alcoholic is like going to the hardware store for bread.

I should know, I've wandered the aisles of Home Depot looking for muffins

Find some real friends to help you move. Or move it one lousy piece at a time if you have to. I did the Uhaul move with my best girlfriend, a few months later (after taking the asshat back), I made him come and get his stuff out of my house-with two local cops monitoring. Sigh.....

That's what my life came to.

I'm a little younger than you, not much.

Good luck!
You are absoloutley right, why I even THOUGHT he would do what he said is beyone me.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Neighbors?