I'm back...and could use some sanity

Old 05-19-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hey brother. Just thinking of you today.
My lawyer at one point informed me of something called a Protective Injunction/Protection Order. The name might be off. Anyway, your lawyer puts in the request and the court signs off on it. Then the officials come to your house and basically give your AW 15 minutes to get out. She doesn't leave willingly, she will be removed. If memory serves me correctly, it lasts for 14 days. She can not return to the home. My lawyer made it sound as if it's a request, that if filed, is granted, no questions. It's used in extreme cases and it sounds like your situation is extreme.

She needs to be out of your house, away from you and the lad. Whatever it's called, you can request this and I believe based on everything going on, you have a very strong reason to ask for it.

I know we've talked about changing the locks but that's something you should ask your lawyer about. Courts may frown on that activity at least until the divorce is settled.

Good luck man! Give your boy a big hug,tell him you love him.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

oh man, i can only remember the days of the suicide threats so well myself. stay strong, you deserve better than this chaos. thinking of you and praying for the best in court today!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:05 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Jay, and hoping to hear it went well today...