Old 06-30-2010, 07:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Baabaa

Ah Wicked thank you so much or as we say here "Go raibh míle maith agat"
Old 06-30-2010, 07:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JTinStLouis

Baabaa,

I am sure it is a very tough spot you are in and my heart goes out to you and your children. I know when I was using I too was a mess similar to your husband now. I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to and your family not to be exposed to that situation 1 day longer. I know from my experience I was forced out of my house from my family for the same reasons and I left, did not even give it 5 seconds of real thought. I thought well this is one more obstacle out of the way of my drinking and drugging, that is where my head was at the time. I walked away from my family and our 7 month old little girl. My lengthy point to this story is this, until I was able to get help I was impervious to the wreckage I was causing in the wake of my activities. You will be fine on your own with the kids, and if your husband begins to understand that he needs because of this action than more power to it. I can surely say that he will not stop on his own with no reasons, I did not that is for sure.

Love
JT
Old 06-30-2010, 07:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A Pirate looks at 40

Originally Posted by j0hn0than1964 View Post
Baabaa,

I am sure it is a very tough spot you are in and my heart goes out to you and your children. I know when I was using I too was a mess similar to your husband now. I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to and your family not to be exposed to that situation 1 day longer. I know from my experience I was forced out of my house from my family for the same reasons and I left, did not even give it 5 seconds of real thought. I thought well this is one more obstacle out of the way of my drinking and drugging, that is where my head was at the time. I walked away from my family and our 7 month old little girl. My lengthy point to this story is this, until I was able to get help I was impervious to the wreckage I was causing in the wake of my activities. You will be fine on your own with the kids, and if your husband begins to understand that he needs because of this action than more power to it. I can surely say that he will not stop on his own with no reasons, I did not that is for sure.

Love
JT
Baabaa,

I quoted the above post in hopes you really read it well and take it to heart.

Welcome to SR by the way. You are not alone here.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by baabaa View Post
In Ireland its called a Barring Order. It means that he cannot come within a 100 yards of the house, he cannot call or threaten me even verbally or he will automatically get 12 months in prison.
baabaa... glad you clarified the Barring Order.... for a nano second I had visions of you blocking the door.... while holding an iron bar... waiting for him to get home. <wink>

Take care
Old 07-01-2010, 05:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Baabaa

Ha Hammerhead i could almost imagine me doing that!!!
I am on my way into the city to get the order out. He is passed out on the couch again. I hope I can get it today. I am no longer willing to facilitate this crap
Old 07-01-2010, 05:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by baabaa View Post
Ha Hammerhead i could almost imagine me doing that!!!
I am on my way into the city to get the order out. He is passed out on the couch again. I hope I can get it today. I am no longer willing to facilitate this crap

You are not alone!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

hi baabaa-

good to hear you are taking steps forward. be careful tho, as he has already been violent and might be again.

i believe that there is legal aid in ireland, so if you are on a low income, there is assistance available.

and certainly, safeguard your funds. have you closed all joint bank accounts? car insurance? any checks/valuables would be best to store somewhere else...maybe a well-trusted friend or at your place of work.

i also think it would be good to have an "emergency bag" packed so you can leave in an instant, should you need to. i had one and i used it! i put in important numbers, some cash, change of underwear, id, spare set of car keys...well, you get the idea.

if you cut him off from cash, he might have to come off his drugs, which he could blame you for.

why don't you make contact with the domestic violence people near you and explain the situation. they might have some ideas as to resources available to you that you are unaware of.

are you in northern ireland or southern ireland?

naive
Old 07-01-2010, 02:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Baabaa

I spent the afternoon trying to get a barring order. I didnt get one but i did get a safety order. He has left the house since 6 and so far he hasnt called(fingers crossed) It has been a very difficult decision, I feel that i have been forced to make, not just for me, but for him and most importantly the children. I never thought that it would end up like this but I am very aware that this is not the person I did love. Addiction robbed us of him. I pray for strength not for now but in the coming days and weeks when i will really be tested. Maybe like what JT said this could be the best thing for him. I have the "emergency bag" at the ready just in case....
Old 07-01-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Addiction robbed us of him.
Yeah, and you will need the strength in the coming days so his addiction doesnt rob any more life from you or your children.
I have a feeling that this has been a long time coming for you.
You are ready.

Beth
Old 07-01-2010, 04:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

good to hear, baabaa-

for myself, i found it helpful to focus on what i wanted...

what do you want for yourself? for you children?

be kind and gentel with yourself. wee treats like a long soak in the tub. rest. breathe.

easy does it. one day at a time.

stay safe!

naive
Old 07-01-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Congratulations!

This thread is amazing! I'm grateful you came here and posted, grateful for the good people here who offered you support. You're going to be amazed at how much better you'll feel. When I left my AH I was SO HAPPY every morning when I woke up. I told people, "I feel like I escaped," but it took months to realize I had actually escaped an insane situation. I had lost myself in his sickness.

When do the kids come home? What are you going to tell them?
Old 07-02-2010, 07:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Howsit going today baabaa?